Zygosity results are in

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by jjokitty, Mar 7, 2008.

1. jjokitty

jjokitty Well-Known Member

My lovely girls are indeed fraternal. I was pretty sure they were, but with so many people saying they look the same I wanted to know 100%. They have the same nose and mouth, eye color and hair color, with slightly different face shape. Their eyes look a little differently shaped to me. Every now and then from an angle they look so much alike, but straight on it is obvious to me who I am looking at. I thought maybe they were easy to tell apart due to their difference in weight (just over a pound) but I guess not.
    So now we know for sure! When people ask we can answer with certainty. I guess their similarities are just due to being sisters. It should be interesting to watch the two different genetic combinations we have created!

Jen

2. Flutterbymama

Flutterbymama Well-Known Member

QUOTE(jjokitty @ Mar 7 2008, 09:22 PM) [snapback]658453[/snapback]
    My lovely girls are indeed fraternal. I was pretty sure they were, but with so many people saying they look the same I wanted to know 100%. They have the same nose and mouth, eye color and hair color, with slightly different face shape. Their eyes look a little differently shaped to me. Every now and then from an angle they look so much alike, but straight on it is obvious to me who I am looking at. I thought maybe they were easy to tell apart due to their difference in weight (just over a pound) but I guess not.
    So now we know for sure! When people ask we can answer with certainty. I guess their similarities are just due to being sisters. It should be interesting to watch the two different genetic combinations we have created!

Jen

That's cool that you know. I think same sex frats are so neat. You definitely can experiment with your 2. You always have a control subject.

ETA: A smiley - I think. Still trying to figure this site out.

3. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

Well then congratulations on your beautiful FRATS ! :D

4. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

QUOTE(jjokitty @ Mar 7 2008, 08:22 PM) [snapback]658453[/snapback]
    When people ask we can answer with certainty.

:good: Exactly! No more doubting your answer! Congrats on your Fraternal Girlies!! :D

5. excitedk

excitedk Well-Known Member

Hi :D Now you know!! They are sooo adorable!!

6. 2betterthan1

2betterthan1 Well-Known Member

Its good that you know! Everytime someone asks and I say they are identical, I say that they had only one placenta, I get that "well the placenta could have fused" (It was studied at the hospital where they told me there was NO way a fusion was possible, 100% identical)But its funny because I see the same differences that you mentioned!!! (Eye shape, bigger cheeks, etc) But they aare the exact same weight and height, but Austin seems skinnier??!!?!?lol Maybe its jsut me...lol

Shannon

7. CROSSTWINS

CROSSTWINS Well-Known Member

Congrats on finding out. It is always nice to know. If you don't mind telling me what testing company did you use? A while back there was discussions about proactive genetics always having identical results. Just curious.

8. brianamurnion

brianamurnion Well-Known Member

Yay for knowing!! That is awesome... and I think I was the one who thought the Proactive place ALWAYS had ID results (it seemed so anyway) but it was explained to me that that is probably the majority of people with Frats can tell and dont have them tested but those with ID do. KWIM? I am in the same boat with you I ASSUME my girls are frats and that is what I tell people. some people dont think they are even related but here are JUST ENOUGH similarities when you look to make you wonder... Dh and I are pretty sure it is just because they are sisters!! Dh agreed that in one more year if they still look similar we will have them tested, but I am sure to us they will just keep gettin more different.

9. jjokitty

jjokitty Well-Known Member

Yes we did use Proactive Genetics. I was thinking the same thing about the testing mostly being done on IDs. I was just too impatient and tired of assuming! I'm a scientist so I wanted to know beyond any doubt. :p

BTW they have very good customer service.

Jen

10. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

It's nice to know! :)

11. butterfly02

butterfly02 Well-Known Member

Yay...it must be nice knowing forsure now :)

12. Erykah

Erykah Well-Known Member

This is the first time I've heard the results say fraternal! I was convinced they told everyone identical. Congrats on your babies!!

13. Jenn G

Jenn G Well-Known Member

It's so good to be able to answer with certainty the question that EVERYONE asks!!!

14. rubyturquoise

rubyturquoise Well-Known Member

Congrats on your frat girlies!

I am a big fan of frat girls myself. :D

15. HT

HT Well-Known Member

I'm relieved to hear that someone does actually get fraternal results from the mail-in testing places! I'm glad you finally got an answer, I hate not knowing when it's something everyone asks! Please post a picture of the girls so we can see!