ZOFRAN

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by lindsay084, May 22, 2007.

1. lindsay084

lindsay084 Well-Known Member

can anyone who was on zofran tell me how far along they were when they quit taking it? today is my first day without it and i feel TERRIBLE!!

2. AimeeS

AimeeS Well-Known Member

I stopped around 16 weeks (I ran out :)) and it took a few days to get used to it. I has HORRIBLE morning sickness -so hopefully it won't last too much longer for you. Maybe you can get a few more pills - at the end I was just taking it at night - that got me through the morning and most of the day w/o feeling too bad - then I felt bad at night but sleeping helped. Is there a reason your doc won't give you any more?
    Good luck!

3. first_second_and_last

first_second_and_last Well-Known Member

I think it was about 15-16 weeks when I stopped. When I was taking it, I would try to NOT take it unless I felt like I was on the verge of vomiting. I would take maybe 1 per day and I tried to skip days, too. They are just so darn expensive, but they work.

At this point, have you tried to settle your belly with something else? No-salt saltines, tums/rolaids, peanut butter?

4. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I took it up until the min. they took the babies. Every time I went off of it I was back to sick sick sick!! Zofran was my BEST FRIEND!!! It gave me a life (THANK GOD FOR INSURANCE THAT COVERED THE $TUFF!!)

Good luck to you, and you know what's so funny is that after the pregnancy I got home from the hospital and everything tasted SO GOOD. I hadn't wanted ANYTHING really when I was pregnant and everything just tasted so good!! It was remarkable. From being sick to 36 weeks 2 days (oh, threw up on the O.R. table - big big fun) to having the babies and it was just simply GONE!! A wonderful relief!!

:hug99: Best wishes to you!! :hug99: I hope you feel better soon and don't have to go the distance! :hug99:

5. lindsay084

QUOTE(AimeeS @ May 22 2007, 10:14 AM) [snapback]264387[/snapback]
    I stopped around 16 weeks (I ran out :)) and it took a few days to get used to it. I has HORRIBLE morning sickness -so hopefully it won't last too much longer for you. Maybe you can get a few more pills - at the end I was just taking it at night - that got me through the morning and most of the day w/o feeling too bad - then I felt bad at night but sleeping helped. Is there a reason your doc won't give you any more?
    Good luck!

it was my choice not to get anymore. i have only been taking one in the morning for the last four weeks and i would just feel a lot better if i didnt have to take it anymore. but i dunno i might go to the pharmacy and get my refill today!

6. lindsay084

QUOTE(~* dfaut *~ @ May 22 2007, 10:19 AM) [snapback]264396[/snapback]
    I took it up until the min. they took the babies. Every time I went off of it I was back to sick sick sick!! Zofran was my BEST FRIEND!!! It gave me a life (THANK GOD FOR INSURANCE THAT COVERED THE $TUFF!!)

Good luck to you, and you know what's so funny is that after the pregnancy I got home from the hospital and everything tasted SO GOOD. I hadn't wanted ANYTHING really when I was pregnant and everything just tasted so good!! It was remarkable. From being sick to 36 weeks 2 days (oh, threw up on the O.R. table - big big fun) to having the babies and it was just simply GONE!! A wonderful relief!!

:hug99: Best wishes to you!! :hug99: I hope you feel better soon and don't have to go the distance! :hug99:

oh no that doesnt sound like fun. that is how i feel. i only take one a day and i feel great all day, but without it i can just lay there like a bump on a log!!

7. Britten

Britten Well-Known Member

have taken it from the beginning...just 4mg every night....i call it the wonder drug. i wouldn't have made it through this pregnancy without it.

8. Zabeta

Zabeta Well-Known Member

WIthout zofran I can't imagine where me, my babies and my marriage would be...I took it 3x a day until week 16 or so, then started to taper off gradually as I forgot that I needed it...a few hours would go by and then I'd remember! Eventually the few hours turned into a couple of days at a time and then I just didn't need it.

Have you found the generic? Ondansetron I think it is?

9. Zofran just isn't doing it for me this time around. I even "shot myself up with it" when I was doing my home iv's and that didn't provide me much relief. Diann, you crack me up. there are 2 things I'm looking forward to in august... 2 healthy babies AND feeling well. I'm soo fed up with feeling like **** all the time.

10. Jennie-OH

Jennie-OH Well-Known Member

I started it around 6wks and stopped just in the past 2wks. I only had 3 pills left and wanted to try to wean myself. We pay 20% which was $180 for 20 pills last time I got it filled so I was motivated by $$. If you need it, you need it. Maybe see if you can just get 5 of them and see if you can go every other day? Have you tried eating more frequently on the days you've gone without it? I found that it's very necessary for me to do that now that I'm off.

Good luck!!

11. chenkel

chenkel New Member

Zofran is also my best friend. I am 14 week and have been taking it 3 times a day since I was 7 weeks. I started home IV's today and hope I am also able to get off it before too long. When pregnant with my daughter I was on it until 20 weeks so who knows what will happen with these two babies.

12. jamey2193

jamey2193 Well-Known Member

I was just put on Zofran and I took itonly once and I plan to use it only if I really need it. #1 they're expensive #2 i'm a scary cat with the long term effects. Good luck!!!!

13. MamaKimberlee

MamaKimberlee Well-Known Member

My doctor told me to use it until I didn't need it anymore. And it was 20 weeks or so. The doctor said to keep on top of the nausea and it would help.

I'd say get more!