Zofran Anyone?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by twinmom2dana, Mar 19, 2013.

1. twinmom2dana

twinmom2dana Well-Known Member

So I have been having some pretty mild morning sickness for the past 2 weeks or so. I've been managing it with a consistent routine of eating and rest. We went on a road trip with my church that broke my routine and I ended up in the ER this morning after not being able to keep anything down since Sunday :bad: Got IV fluids and Zofran and I feel good so far. I am however, afraid I won't be able to function without it. My sickness usually leaves at some point so I'm hoping this is the same. Anyone use Zofran occasionally and not continually?

2. mommymauro

mommymauro Well-Known Member

i used it 2 times (two pills total) in my pregnancy... the rule was, if i could not hold anything (especially water) down for 24 hours i was to take one...

morning sickness stinks <_<

3. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

I used it continually for weeks but I always weaned myself off with occassional use. I wasn't getting sick but I could barely eat with it much less without. So my rule had to do with whether I felt like I could eat anything. If I did, no pill. If even thinking about food made me want to curl up in a ball, pill.

4. twinmom2dana

twinmom2dana Well-Known Member

So far so good. I took all the doses yesterday since I was recovering, and was just getting my solids in, but I woke this morning feeling great. I've been able to keep everything down, so I'm holding off. Hopefully my bad couple of days was just that.

5. MyOwnMeadow

MyOwnMeadow Well-Known Member

Zofran worked for a week, then stopped working completely. I'm on Reglan now and I am finally eating again.

6. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

Zofran did do anything for me ... I lived on phenegran most of my pregnancy. Hope you get to feeling better! Morning sickness stinks!

7. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I also did phenergan for my last 2 pregnancies, I had all day all pregnancy sickness with my first but my ob wouldn't prescribe anything. For the next two I basically demanded something, I couldn't deal with all day all pregnancy sickness again.

8. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

My SIL was on zofran for all of her three pregnancies. I hope it gets better for you!

9. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

Feel better!

10. korilyn

korilyn Active Member

I took zofran 3x a day for 18 weeks this pregnancy (twins). I took it 3x a day for 12 weeks in my prior pregnancy (singleton)
    If it helps you, why suffer?

11. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

I took it all day everyday plus Unisom and B6! I was sick and I'm with the pp, why suffer when you don't have to? The more help the better!