Your height vs. how far along were you?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by HT, Jan 16, 2007.

1. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

5'7" and I delivered at 35 w 2d.

2. **Sandy**

**Sandy** Well-Known Member

I am 5'1" and delivered by girls by scheduled c-section at 37w2d. I never felt any contractions and was not dilated when I had the c-section. (The morning of my c-section, I was hooked up to a monitor and the doctor told me I was having contractions.) My c-section was scheduled about 3 or 4 days ahead of time because I had mild pre-eclampsia and my baby B who was my bigger baby was breech.

3. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

5'7 and delivered at 36 weeks 1 day. No pre-term labor.

4. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

I'm 5'9" and delivered at 34w1d. I started dilating at 27 weeks and spent most of the time between 30-34 weeks on hospital bedrest with PTL. It's kind of funny looking back b/c so many people said, "Oh, you are tall, you should have no problem carrying full-term."

I have a friend who is about 5'7" and had her twins at 29 weeks b/c her water broke.

My cousin's wife is about my height and had her twins at 35 weeks (naturally).

I have another friend who is probably 5'7"-8" who spent 30-34 weeks in the hospital on bedrest and they sent her home saying "You'll have them anyday." Well, she had to be induced at 38w1d!

So, I think being taller might just make people assume that they have more of a chance of carrying full-term...I don't know if it's really been proven (as you can see from answers on here!)

5. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

5'8" and I was induced at 38w2d, and gave birth to 2 big twins.

6. hudsonfour

hudsonfour Well-Known Member

5'4" and had to have a scheduled c-section at 37 weeks. I didn't have any type of pre-term labor issues either.
    Sue

7. debby12766

debby12766 Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this! I am 5'1" so now I know that if I am lucky I will look like a torpedo and maybe be almost as wide around as I am tall! LOL!

8. deskjockey

deskjockey Member

Hi, I'm brand new to this board but I think I will become a regular member since everyone is so friendly & have such great advice.

I am 35 weeks and 5'2". Today I am 1 cm dilated & 25% effaced. No preterm labor or contractions but the babies are on the small side (10% percentile at 4 lbs and 4.4 lbs.)

The doc will induce at 38 weeks. These are my first. I am pretty uncomfortable & have the WORST carpal tunnel. I'm really hoping that they come at 37 weeks.

9. geaemama

geaemama Well-Known Member

My MD didn't think I would make it past 32 weeks. I am 5 feet exactly and I made it to 36w 3d. I could have made it longer but I was just so uncomfortable that I couldn't stand it!

Angel