You Tube videos?

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by MichelleL, Oct 28, 2011.

1. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

I've seen mention of peeps on here letting their kids watch You Tube videos. I thought I would let the girls start doing the same (with supervision - of course!!). What sort of videos do you look for and they like?

2. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Baby animal videos. Keyboard cat is hilarious. Nyan cat is too. Corgi puppies, kittens in boxes, Maru cat videos. Lego assembly movies, lego starwars movies. Baby movies (especially movies of them).

3. MichelleL

Good ideas. :good:

Yes, mine LOVE watching their baby videos. :wub: They could spend hours watching them!

4. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

We watch mostly music videos, Sesame Street, They Might Be Giants or Yo Gabba Gabba. Each of those three have their own "channels" as well so you don't accidently get something you don't want them to see--NEVER let your girls search YouTube for Barbie unsupervised!!!!!

We were also watching Ballet videos the other day, both professional companies, other kids performances, and a couple of instructional ballet videos.

5. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

Look up Simon's Cat. My kids don't have access to YouTube, but they love watching Simon's Cat on my computer.

1 person likes this.
  6. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

We love Disney videos ! Watching the "reveal" videos and videos of the rides. SO much fun to see others enjoying their vacations while we wait for ours !

Mine also love to watch cartoon related videos .. once you start watching .. you never know where you'll end up though .. so viewer discretion IS advised .. lol

7. hudsonfour

hudsonfour Well-Known Member

My girls like music videos, crazy cat and silly animals is another favorite search. I am always by their side while they venture into you tube videos.

8. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My two watch Smurfs (the old ones from the 70s & 80s) and My Little Pony.

9. MichelleL

Wonderful suggestions, thank you!

And thanks for the heads up on the surfing for stuff. I too have innocently clicked before on things that were NOT appropriate for anyone's eyes. <_< So I will definitely be hovering and helping at all times. :D

10. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

if you type in "Funny Cat Videos" it will keep them entertained for HOURS!!!

11. angelsmom2001

angelsmom2001 Well-Known Member

My girls found Kideos, a website that has more kid friendly youtube videos. We also sit and listen to music videos some nights before bed. They request everything from Brad Paisley and Jason Aldeen, to Kid Rock, and from Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert, to Marshal Tucker Band, or from Amy Grant to Charlie Daniels Band. We have a very eclectic taste in music.

12. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Yes, be awar3 of what other videos are linked to the ones they are watching. My kids love to watch super Mario type videos and even Thomas the train will lead into bad ones. Then there are the ones that have the innocent video with the people talking and swearing. Lovely! We do not let them watch videos anymore because of this.

13. Jill R.

Jill R. Well-Known Member

kidstube.com is safer than youtube.

14. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My kids like The Banana Song and The Duck Song.

15. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

Just hint about YouTube. I find the videos first and add them to my favorites. Then we watch them through the Tivo (less annoying IMHO than having them look at the computer over my shoulder). Sometimes I set them up with the videos on the HP touchpad, but yeah, you have to be very careful about the suggestions that pop up on the side/after the video. I watch everything first before I let them see it, even if it looks harmless. Thinking out loud... I wonder if there's a way to turn those off? I hate when people take an innocent kid's video and add swears or make it nasty. Mine like a lot of the ones already listed, like The Duck Song (Hey! Got any grapes?), My Little Pony eps, videos of animals, Potter Puppet Pals, They Might Be Giants, even babyish stuff like nursery rhymes.

16. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

My kids love the Annoying Orange. There is also www.kidstube.com, which is more appropriate and you won't have to hover, as much.