You know you are a mommy when...

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by natmarie, May 1, 2007.

1. natmarie

natmarie Well-Known Member

I did this post over in first year a couple of months ago. My experience today made me think of this post topic again.
    Anyways... You know your a mommy when...

You can watch your child and know exactly when their going to lose their cookies!

2. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

You know you are a mommy when....you put on a shirt with only 3 stains and consider that "lookin' good" for the day!!!

3. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

You can hold a conversation with a friend while pointing one eye in each direction to keep track of where your toddlers are.

4. MommyTo3andCounting

MommyTo3andCounting Well-Known Member

QUOTE(twinzmom2b @ May 1 2007, 12:19 PM) [snapback]240055[/snapback]
    You know you are a mommy when....you put on a shirt with only 3 stains and consider that "lookin' good" for the day!!!

You mean it's not?

5. Crystie

Crystie Well-Known Member

... when you feel the kind of love for another human (or two) that you NEVER knew existed

6. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

... you go to give your DH a bite of something you are eating and your mouth opens as you you spoon it into his!

7. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

when you are feeding them and a little piece of food is hanging off their lip and you take it and stick it in your mouth (God I hope I am not the only mom in the whole world who does this!!! :unsure: )

when you have no tissue to wipe your little sweeties nose so you use your own shirt or you use your finger and wipe it on your pants (boy am I embarrasing myself or what???)

when you leave the house and the kids look emaculate and you had no time to do your hair, iron your clothes or put on make-up!

8. naomi02

naomi02 Well-Known Member

cleaning poop off the tub doesn't even phase you....then the next day it hits you what you actually did!

and yes, I eat my kids "leftovers", too! :)

9. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

QUOTE(double-or-nothing @ May 1 2007, 11:51 PM) [snapback]240441[/snapback]
    when you are feeding them and a little piece of food is hanging off their lip and you take it and stick it in your mouth (God I hope I am not the only mom in the whole world who does this!!! :unsure: )

when you have no tissue to wipe your little sweeties nose so you use your own shirt or you use your finger and wipe it on your pants (boy am I embarrasing myself or what???)

when you leave the house and the kids look emaculate and you had no time to do your hair, iron your clothes or put on make-up!

Nope, not just you...I think half of my meals are taken off of my kids clothes, face, high chair, fingers, etc...lol!!!!

10. AshleyLD

AshleyLD Well-Known Member

You know what your toddler is going to do/grab before they even do it!

11. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

Waking up @ 7.30am feels like you have had a lie in! x

12. rosie19

rosie19 Well-Known Member

...you think of something that you want to post on TS. But before you can type it out you chase two toddlers around, feed bath and put three kiddos to bed and realize you've completely forgotten what it was that you wanted to post.

Someone please help me find my short term memory....

13. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

You get up early to shower.....just to make sure you get one.

You can recite lines from Toy Story.

You know who Mike Wesowski is...

14. Momtofive

Momtofive Well-Known Member

Yep and yep. ;)

15. momoftwingirls2005

momoftwingirls2005 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Momtofive @ May 2 2007, 09:26 AM) [snapback]241049[/snapback]
    Yep and yep. ;)

so true. all of these are true.

16. 2peeps4jen

2peeps4jen Well-Known Member

... when you catch your kid's vomit at dinner in a restraurant in your hand becuause there's nothing else to catch it with.

... when you can keep eating as you watch another mom catch her kid's vomit in her hand...

(one of my kids had crazy reflux and w/that a very sensitive gag reflex!!)

17. sharon_with_j_and_n

sharon_with_j_and_n Well-Known Member

...I just posted this on another thread so I guess it's also OK to admit it here. You know you're a mother when you learn to live with used band aid collections and hold out your hand when your child says "here mommy, boogers".

18. Mommy2ATeam

Mommy2ATeam Well-Known Member

...you can cook dinner, vacuum, sweep, and switch a load of clothes into the dryer with a toddler (or two) hanging on your leg.

19. .....when you know the difference between a real cry and "oh they are doing it for attention"....

when you have run into a mc donalds begging and pushing everyone out of the way to get your 2 year old to the bathroom just in time....

when you feel your bed is empty without the whole family in it...

when your hubby calls and asks how all his 'girls' are doing....

:wub: love this thread

20. prairiemom3

prairiemom3 Well-Known Member

When my sis's kids faces were dirty and she didn't have a cloth, yep.. she licked them haha!!

21. valentinetwins

valentinetwins Well-Known Member

:rotflmbo: I DITTO all of the above!! No you are not the only one who does all those things.:)

22. naomi02

.....you feel a huge sense of accomplishment if you actually manage to go to the bathroom w/o an audience

23. boogerkw

boogerkw Well-Known Member

I so agree with double-or-nothin, I'm guilty of doing all those things to so No it's not just you. I wipe the kids nose with my sleeve so much by the time I go to bed my sleeve is all hard and crusted. I eat the same things the girls eat except I have to spoon mine off my pants, arm or their clothes.

24. ems9882

ems9882 Well-Known Member

u go to your car in the council to get some change and pull out nothing but a diaper and a binki.

when ur digging in the couch for that pen u lost and come up with, a cookie,binki,a little toy and the tylenol bottle ur child hid from u when they were sick.

25. kaysyd

kaysyd Well-Known Member

You can wash walls and pick a buggie out of your kiddos nose at the same time!!

26. twinsohmy

twinsohmy Well-Known Member

You have mastered a wheelie to get up the curb with your stroller- DOUBLE stroller.

27. vickyc76

vickyc76 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(2peeps4jen @ May 2 2007, 02:08 PM) [snapback]241454[/snapback]
    ... when you catch your kid's vomit at dinner in a restraurant in your hand becuause there's nothing else to catch it with.
    ... when you can keep eating as you watch another mom catch her kid's vomit in her hand...

(one of my kids had crazy reflux and w/that a very sensitive gag reflex!!)

I've done this in a vehicle. Not a single drop on her pretty red Christmas coat or her Grandma's brand new vehicle. Threw it on the ground and caught the second round too!

....when you have to count to ten to keep from grabbing the Walgreens pharmacy girl by the shirt and dragging her across the counter for stupidly asking "do they need the medicine?" when my 3 week old twins thrush medication was not available. Did she have any clue how hormonal and sleep deprived I was?

....when you have to utter the words "Yes I will see what's in your poo-poo crack for you."

28. mandylouwho

mandylouwho Well-Known Member

All I can say is this:

Wonder Pets, Wonder pets are on our way
    To help the little mousie and save the day
    were not to big and were not too tough
    but when we work together we got the right stuff!
    Go Wonderpets, YAY!!!

(And no, its not on right now!!)

Oh, and you can recite this is your sleep too if asked.

Great thread!!

29. JakoBen

JakoBen Well-Known Member

All I can say is this:

Go Wonderpets, YAY!!!

Great thread!!

OMG!!!!! My DH asked me what I was humming last night and I didn't even realize it was the WONDER PET!@! :eek:

When DH asks when he gets home "Who did the Wonder Pets save today?" and I know the answer everday!!!! :blink:

Can you tell we have a major Wonder Pets addiction going on here lately. Save me from Noggin!!!! I didn't even know these channels exsisted before the boys. Now I know them by heart. Sad very, very sad. Oh well, we all do crazy things to keep the kiddos happy. :p

30. Susanna+3

Susanna+3 Well-Known Member

When you reach out to wipe off someone else's kid's nose without even thinking!! :fool: It's the pack phenomenon.... when you have three of your own lined up for tissue time, what's another kid?

31. naomi02

ok, I have another one to add.....

when you hear a kid crying & automatically reach to BF and then realize it's not your kid.....

maybe that one's a little more sleep-deprived induced! (No it wasn't me, but it was my kid that someone else almost BF....till she saw the look on my face! :eek: ) .... we're close, so we tease her about it all the time.)

32. Mommy2ATeam

Mommy2ATeam Well-Known Member

QUOTE(JakoBen @ May 3 2007, 04:12 PM) [snapback]242830[/snapback]
    All I can say is this:

Go Wonderpets, YAY!!!

Great thread!!
    OMG!!!!! My DH asked me what I was humming last night and I didn't even realize it was the WONDER PET!@! :eek:

When DH asks when he gets home "Who did the Wonder Pets save today?" and I know the answer everday!!!! :blink:

Can you tell we have a major Wonder Pets addiction going on here lately. Save me from Noggin!!!! I didn't even know these channels exsisted before the boys. Now I know them by heart. Sad very, very sad. Oh well, we all do crazy things to keep the kiddos happy. :p

Gotta love Noggin! My girls LOVE the Wonder Pets (or Pet Pet as they call them). Their favorite show is Jack's Big Music Show. Every day at 1:00, they know it's time for Jack!

Oh, I just thought of another one...You know you're a mommy when you don't have a clue what songs are popular now but you can sing along with every Elmo song since that's all you can listen to in the car.

33. PurpleNurple

PurpleNurple Well-Known Member

....When your idea of "ME-TIME" is having a shower alone. A luxurious shower is getting to shave your legs.

....When you buy more grocery items for your kids than you do you and your husband. (I've been guilty of this....the kids are just starting to eat what we eat, so I'm learning!!)

34. shellworley

shellworley Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Sharon with J & N @ May 2 2007, 08:26 PM) [snapback]241577[/snapback]
    ...I just posted this on another thread so I guess it's also OK to admit it here. You know you're a mother when you learn to live with used band aid collections and hold out your hand when your child says "here mommy, boogers".

Or clipped toenail collections along with rolly polly bugs as well.

35. ames4

ames4 Well-Known Member

This is way TMI but...

You know you are a mommy when you have 3 in diapers and you can walk into the room and tell exactly which one pooped, just by the smell!!!! :rolleyes: :bad:

I know TMI, Sorry my DH finds this disgusting and hilarious!!!