Worst mom award

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by ljcrochet, Mar 18, 2013.

1. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My girl's bus gets them home at about 3:40. I had to stop at the bank for work. Should have had enough time to make the bus. First problem is the car afraid to make left out of the parking lot. Totally clear and he is not going. Then I get to the main road home, speed limit is 55, I don't think I went over 35. Not because of traffic, because cars just were not moving. I get home to see the bus in the cul-a-sac at the end of my block. Crap that meant I missed the bus. My girls get off the bus 4 houses and a street over instead across the street. I don't see my girls anywhere. I go and check the backyard. They are not there. I call my friend from down the block, got her voicemail. Notice neighbor across the street's door is open, I look in (glass screen door) to see if my girls jackets and backpackers are there. Nope
    I'm panicking but trying to stay calm. I start to walk to the twin boys across the street to see if they are there, when the twin girl's dad from across the street says they are in here. I go in. They are playing battle ship. No clue I was panicked. Dad said they could stay and play for a bit.

2. daisies

daisies Well-Known Member

I'm in the running for worst mom award. (not in this age group but...)

DS has been having night wakings, which are rare but not unheard of for him. They were getting worse and i thought it was the time change messing him up. (he is ultra sensitive to missed sleep)

NOT! his acid reflux meds needed increased for his weight! (from 3.5 to 5mL!!!) It took me FIVE days to figure it out.
    :headbang: Stupid, stupid mommy.
    I feel terrible.

Lisa, how heart pounding for you! sounds like your girls survived un-tramatized. And sounds like you live in a great neighborhood!

3. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

Lisa, it happens to the best of us! At least they had somewhere to go! In our district, if a parent wasn't at the stop for a 2nd grader or younger, they kept them on the bus and took them back to school! I am glad that they didn't have a clue!

4. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

My kids had an early dismissal one day that I completely forgot about until my neighbor called me to say they were at her house. I was out shopping! It happens. :)

5. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

My kids would get a ride back to school if I missed them. Good they knew where to go and were not stressed out!

6. Christel

Christel Well-Known Member

I did the same thing once. my kids get off at my sister's house and I drive them home from there. Once I was running late and of course noone was home at her house. they just played in the yard until I got there (about 5 minutes). I was worried they would be scared (ages 7-11) but they were oblivious. they thought my sister was home and just never went in to check lol.