Worried about how much longer I can go

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Melina, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Melina

Melina Well-Known Member

Here's the deal. I am almost 29 weeks. At my last peri appt, my cervix was 3.7. The month before it was 3.8. Both months before that, it was 4.7 or so. Nothing other than random BH occasionally, no mucousy discharge or anything, and the only spotting is extremely faint wisps of pink after I vomit. Sounds good, but I am really worried because a) I am only 5'1'' with a short torso and b) I am measuring 44 cm already and I am so uncomfortable and can't hardly do much of anything now. The babies are up under my ribs and my ribs feel bruised on the inside. Sleeping on either side makes the corresponding rib ache really bad. I know this is all pretty normal stuff but I am just worried I won't carry them for much longer. I am aiming for at least 31 weeks, which is less than 2 weeks away, and I think I can do it, but I'd really love to get to 34 or 35 weeks.

How feasible is that for me?

2. Melina

Melina Well-Known Member

Here's the deal. I am almost 29 weeks. At my last peri appt, my cervix was 3.7. The month before it was 3.8. Both months before that, it was 4.7 or so. Nothing other than random BH occasionally, no mucousy discharge or anything, and the only spotting is extremely faint wisps of pink after I vomit. Sounds good, but I am really worried because a) I am only 5'1'' with a short torso and b) I am measuring 44 cm already and I am so uncomfortable and can't hardly do much of anything now. The babies are up under my ribs and my ribs feel bruised on the inside. Sleeping on either side makes the corresponding rib ache really bad. I know this is all pretty normal stuff but I am just worried I won't carry them for much longer. I am aiming for at least 31 weeks, which is less than 2 weeks away, and I think I can do it, but I'd really love to get to 34 or 35 weeks.

How feasible is that for me?

3. littletwinmom

littletwinmom Well-Known Member

Hang in there...you'll make it. I'm also 5'1" and very shortwaisted, and huge...already have over 10 lbs of baby as of last week! I can't sit long, or do anything much, and I have to switch sides every few hours cause of aching. Put yourself on bedrest if you haven't already and just bake those babies. The longest my cervix ever was, was 3.1, and so far so good. If you're not sleeping, talk to your OB about a sleep aid. Mine gave me Ambien, and I've only taken it a few times, but sometimes your body just needs to be able to relax like that!

Hugs [​IMG]

Jennifer

4. mrsfussypants

mrsfussypants Well-Known Member

You sound totally miserable! I am so sorry you're feeling so bad. I was just complaining to my ob today about my general state of misery, and she said, "I wish I could tell you it's going to get better, but it's going to get worse". So much to look forward to! Hang in there, and do your best to relax and keep cooking babies!!

Reyna

5. 1girltwinboyz

1girltwinboyz Well-Known Member

Its amazing but your body can do it! I too am only 5' and small framed and gained almost 70 lbs with my boys. Let me tell you I thought I was tip over sometimes. It does get so hard towards to end to do anything. But hang in there. i was measuring 50cm+ by the end. I made it to 35w5d and boys were fine with NO NICU. But Z did have nursing issues so I wish I had held them in just a week or so longer.

[​IMG]

6. mom23cuties

mom23cuties Well-Known Member

I think everyone gets to that point where they don't think they can go another day--let alone several more weeks. I know I did [​IMG]

All you can do is stay positive and take it one day at a time. I'm very short-waisted too and I remember that bruised feeling in my ribs. OUCH.

Hang in there. You can do it!!!

Lisa

7. MommyWannabe

MommyWannabe Well-Known Member

I'm only 5'0, am currently 35+2, and my longest cervical length since 24 weeks has been 2cm. At last measurement it was under 1. I feel your pain. It hurts to sit, to lay, to walk. I'm forcing myself to hold on and my Peri in convinced I'll last until 37 weeks, oy!

8. Jordari

Jordari Well-Known Member

No help to offer, just a BIG Hug.

9. Zabeta

Zabeta Well-Known Member

From what I've read, cervix length is a really good measure of how likely you are to carry to term, and you sound like you're doing REALLY WELL in that department...which may be bad news given how uncomfortable you are!

My Mom is your size and went to 44 weeks with my 'little' sister, who came out at close to 10 lbs. Granted, that's only one baby - and in an era where they let you go that long, but you, too, can do this!

10. hot2trottt4u

hot2trottt4u Well-Known Member

I feel your pain [​IMG] the last two weeks of my pregnancy were just totaly uncomfortable and sleep? what sleep? but let me assure you once you have your babies you wont give it a second thought and you will be happy for every extra day you were able to keep them in you [​IMG]

11. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

it was hard for me also - but I agree w/ hot2trott4u -
    once they are here it will all be worth it!!!
    hang in there - you are doing a great job cooking those babies!!

12. BittyBetsy

BittyBetsy Active Member

Im not quiet as far along as you are but Im 5'2 and 21 weeks and feel huge. I wonder how Im going to make it the second half of this pregnacy. When Im sitting I feel like I cant breath and like Im crushing the babies. So Im sending big hugs your way and hoping you hang in there..good luck

betsy