Worried, abnormal test result from CBC count...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by desolation_anonymous, Jun 6, 2008.

1. desolation_anonymous

desolation_anonymous Well-Known Member

Has anyone else experience this? My blood tests are abnormal, High WBC count, low RBC count, low Hemocrit... despite extra iron supplements and eating buffalo at least 1X a week (I can't eat beef it makes me throw up)....

here are my numbers:

Component Your Value Standard Range
    WBC COUNT 13.2 3.5-12.5 K/uL
    RED BLOOD CELLS COUNT 3.48 3.60-5.70 M/uL
    HEMATOCRIT 31.7 34.0-46.0 %

On a side note I don't know if it might be related, but I have had a swollen lymph node in my neck for months (since I had the flu) that has gotten smaller but still has not gone away, as well as frequent sinus/ear headaches the last 3 weeks, and have gotten easily out of breath with any exertion.

Did not get the test from the doctor. Got it from online test results. The doctor is not in today.

If any of your ladies had similar results, could you let me know and what it was? I am only 14 weeks...
    Gah!

2. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Did your Dr. say anything about it?

3. desolation_anonymous

QUOTE(summerfun @ Jun 6 2008, 12:15 PM) [snapback]813941[/snapback]
    Did your Dr. say anything about it?

No, he's not in the office today :(

4. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

What was the reasoning behind the bloodwork? Typically a high WBC means that there can be some infection going on, but yours is not even that high. And a lowish hematocrit can mean that there is some anemia (I think, I am used to dealing with animals here) but again, its not that low.

I am assuming you got your results from the Dr, so what did he/she say about it? Have you addressed the lymph node with your Dr.?

5. desolation_anonymous

QUOTE(DATJMom @ Jun 6 2008, 12:25 PM) [snapback]813953[/snapback]
    What was the reasoning behind the bloodwork? Typically a high WBC means that there can be some infection going on, but yours is not even that high. And a lowish hematocrit can mean that there is some anemia (I think, I am used to dealing with animals here) but again, its not that low.

I am assuming you got your results from the Dr, so what did he/she say about it? Have you addressed the lymph node with your Dr.?

Did not get the test from the doctor. Got it from online test results. The doctor is not in today.

6. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(desolation_anonymous @ Jun 6 2008, 01:25 PM) [snapback]813952[/snapback]
    No, he's not in the office today :(

Oh geez. :angry:
    QUOTE(DATJMom @ Jun 6 2008, 01:25 PM) [snapback]813953[/snapback]

That does sound right, I know that high WBC indicates infection.

7. lovelylily

lovelylily Well-Known Member

I do know that slightly elevated WBC is normal in pregnancy, but I have no idea what "slightly" is with numbers. They watch mine like a hawk because my bag of waters was exposed at 20 weeks and mine is always somewhat elevated, but not enough to indicate infection. Hope that yours are "normally high" also!!!