working

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by lindynewman, Feb 2, 2009.

1. lindynewman

lindynewman Member

I am currently 29weeks and 1 day preg with 2 boys. I am still working full time and I feel like every day it's getting harder and harder to make it through the day. Just wondering what you all are doing as far as working. I want to work until delivery, but I'm really starting to doubt that my body can do it. Any advice? thanks

2. lilalyshia

lilalyshia Well-Known Member

What kind of work do you do? With my singleton pregnancy i worked at fast food up till i was around 8 months but it was hard because i was on my feet alot. This pregnancy i stay home but i have a 3 year old lol

3. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

My best advice to you is to listen to your body. If you are feeling like work is too much for you and the babies, then there is no shame in stopping work. Have you talked to you Dr about it? Good Luck!! :hug:

4. nicinthebu

nicinthebu Well-Known Member

I am 32 weeks and I took off work 2 full weeks ago. I was just so tired and I could not keep up. I had a desk job but it was just alot. Dr pulled me out and I am so glad b/c I have just gotten worse and my body is very tired. I would listen to your body, only you know what you are capable of.

5. E&Msmom

E&Msmom Well-Known Member

Financially if you can afford it I think you should stop working now and enjoy the time to yourself. REST! EAT! SLEEP! It will be a LONG time till you do those things again in peace! If you cant afford it but physically feel like you shouldnt work I would definitely discuss it with your doctor and see if you can get disability or unemployment. Perhaps your employer/ you would benefit from reducinng your hours. work part-time.
    Hope you find a happy medium. I was not working at that point in my pregnancy.

6. tpowers

tpowers Well-Known Member

I am 27 weeks and 6 days. I currently work 7 10 hour shifts in a row and have 7 days off. The 7 on has gotten a little harder. I plan to work until my Dr. writes me out of work so that I can get my short term disability. I can't go part time because I think that it will mess with my short term disability later on.

7. hrm17

hrm17 Well-Known Member

I am 30.5 weeks and just this week I cut down to 24 hours a week from full time +. Like you, I just found that I couldn't keep up. It's frustrating because I am really dedicated to my job and it's hard to let go of the project I am working on. But I physically just can't keep going full speed.

Maybe you can talk to your employer about cutting back on hours? I was lucky in that my boss was sympathetic and is letting me do 5 hours a day instead of 8 or 9. It makes a huge difference.

8. nycmomma

nycmomma Well-Known Member

i moved to 3 days a week in the office at 28w and worked the other 2 days at home. now at 32, i'm working 5 days a week at home. i've been lucky that my job was willing to set me up at home with a laptop so I can remote in to my work computer. would something like that be an option for you?

my decision was mostly based on my commute (i live in NYC and have a 40 min subway ride) and the weather getting icky. i'm much happier on my couch.

9. dalidigger

dalidigger Well-Known Member

I work out of an office, have about an hour commute each way and am SO hoping that I can work from home a few days a week but don't know how to approach my boss. I am doing great in my pregnancy so I don't have medical reasons but kinda feel like if I can make it working every day until March then I will have to have the conversation wtih my boss. I have a 3 yr old. Can't afford to lessen hours but am thankful that my job currently is a low stress job.

10. lindynewman

lindynewman Member

Thanks for all the advice!!! I am going to try to keep going at this point but I may have to slow down in the next few weeks. thanks again

11. Chanzie02

Chanzie02 Member

Hey, I will be 32 weeks this Saturday and i am also working full time. and i just went through the same exact problem you are going through. When i was 28 weeks i felt ok, but not great but decided that i could still work and at that point felt like i would work until the end. Things got progressivly worse since then, until the point yesterday i turned to my boss and said this is my last week, if i can even finish up the week. It just got to be WAY to much. I really wanted to go until i was atleast 34 weeks but my body was just screaming for me to slow down. So as much as i need the money, keeping these babies in are just more important so that was that.
    So my best advise to you is to listen to the hints and signs that your body gives to you. Your body will tell you when it is to much. 28 - 32 weeks for me where SO HARD... Pushing your self will just make you feel worse.
    good luck.