Why sleep when you can stay up and play with your brother?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by leaudemiel, Feb 7, 2012.

1. leaudemiel

leaudemiel Well-Known Member

So my guys had been pretty good at sleeping...but now when we put them down in their cribs, they want to run aRound, and chat with each other. They go to bed at 830, but at 10 we will still hear giggles. Nap time it depends on the day. I really don't want to separate them. We don't have the space and I like the thought of them having each other nearby. What did you do?

2. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

We have the cribs in the same room also, but they are along a wall with a dresser in between them, so they can't see each other, unless they stand up and they look over the headboard in the same time. We also turn the lights off and we have a small nightlight - you can guess what's in the room more than see you can see. We also have a sound machine - usually playing rain sound, so they can't hear each other too much either. They each have a small Music Box hanging on their crib rails - we call them their TVs :), they push buttons on those and play a bit before settling down. It took a long time for them to fall asleep easily, we had HUGE sleep issues with Vanessa, and I am so afraid I jinxed myself by even mentioning their sleep habits on a thread :).

3. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

We had a similar issue around that age. We made their bedtime about 20 minutes later, as well as their nap, and that seemed to help us for most nights. Maybe worth a try?

4. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

We stay in their room for a little bit until they have settled down and things are quiet enough for them to go to sleep. Maybe you could try that?

Like PP said our nursery is also pretty dark which seems to discourage too much activity. They have lots of stuffed toys in their beds and talk and sing to them, but have learnt to do so quietly to avoid disturbing their sibling.