where to buy cute preemie clothes (smocked)

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by jamiandkyle2002, Aug 7, 2008.

1. jamiandkyle2002

jamiandkyle2002 Well-Known Member

Hi, I am 30 weeks and on a day by day basis. I want to buy outfits for pics at the hospital. I am assuming I will need preemie size. Where can I buy cute stuff that may be smocked or boutique looking. With out spending a fortune??

2. nickys88

nickys88 Well-Known Member

I got all my premmie stuff off Ebay..... esp. Ebay UK - NEXT is a brand that does the most gorgeous premmie clothing from the UK....do you know what you are having?.... I can send you over some of my little onesies if you like.... i have quite a few....

3. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

BRU has a ton of preemie clothing in now and so do the Carters stores. They are not very "boutique" looking but they will serve the purpose. If they end up in the NICU for any reason, you will want something easy on and off and something they can pee in :)

4. 2B2G

2B2G Well-Known Member

This site has some preemie outfits if you look carefully. http://www.grammies-attic.com/

You should check with your hospital to make sure they do pics. Mine didn't anymore unless a volunteer photographer was there. Another thought is that they are really hard to dress and pose when they are so tiny. You might try a nude photo with a beautiful blanket. Good luck!

5. Saramcc

Saramcc Well-Known Member

QUOTE(DATJMom @ Aug 8 2008, 06:41 AM) [snapback]920286[/snapback]
    BRU has a ton of preemie clothing in now and so do the Carters stores. They are not very "boutique" looking but they will serve the purpose. If they end up in the NICU for any reason, you will want something easy on and off and something they can pee in :)

Wish we had your BRU :D Ours has nothing for preemies, but a little shelf in the middle of the store. No variety at all. Mostly white onsies and maybe two different colored onsies and bibs.

6. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

I see cute preemie stuff at Walmart a lot. My NICU did not do baby pics, not sure if they did non-NICU-newborn pics on-site or not. I'd check that.

I have tons of pics of them from the hospital though, I took many.

7. april mcdaniel

april mcdaniel Well-Known Member

hey-
    i found alot of adorable and inexpensive things at babys r us

8. nurseandrea02

nurseandrea02 Well-Known Member

I was on a 'day by day' basis around 30 weeks & stocked up on preemie clothes. I got some from BRU, some from Carters, & a bunch off Ebay. Ironically, my boys were born via SCHEDULED CSection at 37-5, so all the preemie clothes I had bought were too small (and, of course, washed). I did get a few preemie outfits from Walmart to get us through the first few weeks until newborn didn't swim on them, but I was lucky in that I had summer babies & they spent most their time in ONESIES!

9. wymomoftwins

wymomoftwins Well-Known Member

I found a lot of cute preemie clothes at Walmart and very affordable too. My boys outgrew the preemie clothes very fast so I was glad I hadn't spent a fortune on them :) Good luck and hang in there!

QUOTE(alabamamom @ Aug 7 2008, 11:03 PM) [snapback]920004[/snapback]
    Hi, I am 30 weeks and on a day by day basis. I want to buy outfits for pics at the hospital. I am assuming I will need preemie size. Where can I buy cute stuff that may be smocked or boutique looking. With out spending a fortune??

10. twinreverb

twinreverb Well-Known Member

QUOTE(alabamamom @ Aug 8 2008, 12:03 AM) [snapback]920004[/snapback]

I bought my kids hospital outfits at jack and janie on sale.