Where Do You Store the "Off Rotation" Toys?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by cat mommy, May 28, 2011.

1. cat mommy

cat mommy Well-Known Member

I'm trying hard to rotate stuff, but with a small house it is hard. I feel like I have nowhere to put stuff. I don't want to be hauling stuff down to the basement, and there really is no room in the garage, given all our outdoor stuff.

Hoping for some creative suggestions :)

2. Reeny691

Reeny691 Well-Known Member

My stepfather built a really large toy box for their first bday. Its the right height to sit on and to big for them to get into themselves. It holds anything we aren't using right now. I just did a big switch yesterday and boy were they happy. GL

3. brieh

brieh Well-Known Member

I have no room for large toy boxes on the floor in our small family room. We have a storage ottoman that is housing stuff I don't yet want them to play with (they haven't figured out how to get into it yet).We have one of those Ikea dark wood tall skinny bookshelves with 5 spaces. I got all white fabric boxes for the spaces so it looks nice each night when the toys go back. Its narrow so fits between our couch and wall. I just pull out a bin of toys for the day and rotate them. I also got the girls a white 4 square one to match their bedroom furniture. Got rid of the change table and put that in there instead. I can pile the stuffies on top of it and it looks nice. Plus they can pull the boxes out themselves. I sometimes rotate the toys from their room back downstairs.

4. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We have 3 big bins stacked vertically in the garage and a 4th grouping of toys out. I try to switch them every week. Can you move some stuff from the garage to the basement so you'd have room?