Where did your newborns sleep?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by jodi_a, Dec 13, 2007.

1. jodi_a

jodi_a New Member

So far I'm trying to decide between a co-sleeper, bassinets, a regular pac-n-play, and that twin bassinet pac-n-play.

ALL suggestions would be helpful. Thanks so much!!!

2. vikkimathews

vikkimathews Well-Known Member

Mine slept in our bed (on those boppy newborn loungers) for about the first month) -- then they were in their cirb - in our room (we were lucky to have the extra space so we just brought one of their cribs in our room and they shared)

3. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

We bought two cribs, and had one pushed right up next to our bed. You get the benefits of a cosleeper, but they don't outgrow it later! B)

We kept the 2nd crib in the living room (we're in very spacious but 1-br condo). When they were little, they'd often nap out in the living room, and sleep next to us at night.

4. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

Ours slept in bouncers the first three weeks - they wanted nothing to do with the pac 'n play or their cribs at first. Now they're in the pack 'n play b/c we're having them sleep in family room with one of us nearby...soon to start trying cribs as they begin to sleep longer - DD is already doing better. Hope this helps.

5. SusieQ

SusieQ Well-Known Member

We started ours out in the bassinet of the PNP in our bedroom, but very quickly moved one of our two cribs in - in it's place.

I didn't have to bend over to get them out of the crib, unlike the PNP, and I could see them much easier from my bed through the slats on the crib.

Good Luck!
    Suzi

6. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

They slept side by side in the bassinet attachment for the regular pnp in our bedroom for the first 3 months.

Then we put the other pnp in the living room so we could use that during the day and change them out there too.

7. Babygus0

Babygus0 Well-Known Member

Ours slept in their cribs from the day we brought them home. We did have portable crib in the living room for naps.

8. xavier2001

xavier2001 Well-Known Member

We started them out sleeping in their cribs, but they wanted nothing to do with it, DS sleeps in the pnp down in our living room and DD in bed with me, we had to seperate them b/c DD was always waking up DS. Now that they are sleeping better we are going to begin transitioning them back into their cribs. I must say I love love love having a pnp in our living room, we have a second diaper changing station set up down there and it's so conveneint. I would get a pnp where the diaper changing table easily flips up so that when both babies are napping together there is more room. Ours has a push button whereas the one my mom has for when we visit is velcro and is a pain to move around.

9. TFine

TFine Well-Known Member

At night they slept in the bassinet part of a regular pack n' play in our room. During the day in the bassinet part of a regular pack n' play in the family room. At 2 months when they were sleeping through we moved them to a shared crib in the nursery. At 3 months we moved them to seperate cribs as the big one was on top of the small one. :)

For what its worth everyone I know who has the twin pack n' play has been unhappy with it!

10. CROSSTWINS

CROSSTWINS Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Babygus0 @ Dec 13 2007, 03:30 PM) [snapback]532235[/snapback]
    Ours slept in their cribs from the day we brought them home. We did have portable crib in the living room for naps.

ditto

11. cohlee

cohlee Well-Known Member

Mine have slept in their crib since we came home.
    They both sleep in the same crib in my room since I have a 1 br apt and can only fit 1.

They nap whereever... in their swing and bouncer, carseats, my lap...

12. caba

caba Banned

Mine were crib sleepers from as soon as we brought them home. there were a few nights of them sleeping in boppies on my bed, but we really didn't want to have to transition them too many times ...

13. lbrooks

lbrooks Well-Known Member

We love the arms reach co-sleeper and are still using it. It's really big and we don't anticipate putting them into their cribs until 4-5 months which will be the same time we start training them to go to sleep at bedtime etc.

14. mandyfish3

mandyfish3 Well-Known Member

We used an Arm's Reach Cosleeper and it worked great. The only issue I had was trying to get in and out of my side of the bed. I had to crawl in from the bottom or DH's side.

Around 7 weeks we switched to the same crib in the nursery..too many "sleepign" noises were keeping me awake!

15. Ericka B

Ericka B Well-Known Member

The first month they wouldn't sleep anywhere but their baby papisans and then it was their swings. Finally at around 3 months they started sleeping in the same crib and now at 7 months we are finally buying another crib.

16. AimeeS

AimeeS Well-Known Member

mine were in their cribs from day 2 - first sharing then separate at about 3 weeks (they were kicking each other in the head :)

17. jodi_a

jodi_a New Member

Thanks so much. Your responses are VERY helpful!

18. SilvrHeart

SilvrHeart Well-Known Member

at first they slept in a crib together. things got a little tougher after a few weeks, though. Then they slept all over the place - rockers, car seats, cribs, twin pack n' play -- we got them back into their cribs around 4 months and they have slept there exclusively since.

19. Laura in Alaska

Laura in Alaska Well-Known Member

My girls slept in the cosleeper for 6 months. :D