Where did you go for your honeymoon?

Discussion in 'General' started by Twinrific, Nov 22, 2010.

1. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

We went to Maine. We got married in August and I didn't want to go somewhere really hot. The weather there was perfect. We stayed at some beautiful B&Bs along the coast and ate lobster like it was our job! We had a great time. :)

2. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

We went to Cozumel...stayed at an all-inclusive resort. :wine: Good times!

3. Cristina

Cristina Well-Known Member

We did that when we threw in the towel on our infertility treatments and decided to take a long needed break! It was wonderful!

4. twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy Well-Known Member

don't be.

We went tent camping in New Hampshire. We were also very young. I just started a new job and DH just graduated College. We went canoeing and visited Lake Winnipesaukee. I brought two snapping turtles into the canoe (foolishly but great memory). There was a lot of rain and we just got our new kitten that was at home alone so we went home early.

5. momof6

momof6 Well-Known Member

We got married in January in a small ceremony in our Pastors home and were planning on the big ceremony in July. We went to Estes Park and stayed in a great cabin for the weekend! Between Jan and July planning the ceremony we got pregnant with DD. We had the ceremony in July when I was about 4 months pregnant and then went on a cruise to the Bahamas! Loved the cruise had a great time, but didn't get to tip any!! We are hooked on cruises and when I am not pregnant we are going again!!

6. momof6

momof6 Well-Known Member

Went there once! Gorgeous and fun but I ended up with severe Montezumas revenge when we returned and I had to be a maid of honor the next day in my best friends wedding :bad:

7. momof6

momof6 Well-Known Member

My DH may be doing some work in Aruba next year and I am hoping to be able to go as well!!

8. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

We went to St. Lucia and stayed in a lovely and romantic small hotel. The island is small so we were able to explore all of the areas and eat in different restaurants each night. Unfortunately, the weather wan't that great - a hurricane had come through the week before (medium amount of damage) and it was overcast for about 1/2 our trip. So not a lot of sun bathing. Someday we'll go back to see how the island has changed!

9. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

2 weeks in Maui

10. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

We went to Tahiti for 10 days. More specifically the islands of Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora. We made a pact to go back on our 10 year anniversary- which is next year... I can't wait! The most beautiful place on earth! :wub:

11. blessed momma

blessed momma Well-Known Member

A week in Hawaii. It was wonderful!!!

Kim, how sweet of your DH! A brand new wardrobe for the trip! :woah: :wub:

12. TwinG

TwinG Well-Known Member

CP and I love travelling so we stayed at a few places during our honeymoon (these past 2 weeks so still recent for me :) I absolutely LOVED it and had such a great time!)

The first 3 days we stayed at Golden Gate (it's near Clarens, South Africa where we got married). On Tuesday we flew to Zanzibar and spend 11 days there. It was absolutely amazing! We stayed at 4 resorts whilst there, one game reserve (which is on the beach, so you can go on a game safari, river safari and sea safari, we did the first 2 :)). The other 3 was mostly beach resorts with our own private beaches - so romantic and we loved it! Did a lot of snorkelling, kayaking, Dhow Sailing and swimming. We also spend a night in the main city, Stonetown, and felt like real tourist, loved the culture! and the people there are so friendly! I would recommend an island honeymoon any time. So lucky to have been so spoiled by my DH

13. TwinG

TwinG Well-Known Member

That sounds wonderful! We also made that pact, though yours are a lot closer than ours, heehee

14. LisaGoeke

LisaGoeke Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We took a one-week cruise around Alaska. It was so beautiful!!

15. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Oh.. that sounds like heaven to me!!! I hope it was in the summer! ;)

16. mommyto3girls

mommyto3girls Well-Known Member

The first time I got married, we went to Australia and Hawaii. I was great!

The second time I got married, we went to Cancun. We stayed at a resort that had just opened 2 months before we went. It was all-inclusive and you could visit the sister resorts also. We had a great time.

17. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

We went to St. Thomas and stayed at a great resort with the beach right out the door of our suite. It was a wonderful and relaxing 10 days!

18. SuzyHolland

SuzyHolland Well-Known Member

We went to Istanbul....and loved it to.

And we went to the States that summer and did the wedding all over for Grandma!!! and was great

19. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

I went to Glenwood Springs CO with my ex. It was pretty fun except for the fact that he didn't want to leave the hotel room. I had to drag him out kicking and screaming. (It was sort of because of the reason you think it was, but mostly because he had it in his head that people who stay in the hotel room their entire honeymoon are Really In Love. I loved him fine but watching TV in a hotel room is booooring.)

Jordan and I are planning on going to Denver for our honeymoon because he's never been there and I was telling him how nice it is. I'm looking forward to this honeymoon more because he's already scouted some fun activities out. :)

20. angelsmom2001

angelsmom2001 Well-Known Member

We started at a hotel, with what we thought was a dead body in it (turned out to be an uncleaned room with rolled up blankets-we were moved to another room). That night we spent at a WWE wrestling match. woo hoo. Then we drove through some of Pennsylvania, and ended our week in Atlantic City. Why? Because that's what HE wanted to do, I had little if any say in it. Should have been a sign to me.

I did enjoy the countryside of Pennsylvania, and we did spend some time and get some souviners in Intercourse PA! It was about this point that we realized the rental car we had, had an expired inspection sticker on it and we/enterprise couldn't do anything about it til we got back to MA.

21. Bestian

Bestian Well-Known Member

Sadly, but we didn't had honeymoon. We were too busy with our work, but we planning to change that.

22. BillShiphr

BillShiphr Well-Known Member

Some people don't have the courage to meet new people and go on dates. This is why using dating apps is crucial. Just read these benaughty reviews to learn more about the platform and why you need to start using it. Be sure to check it out. Good luck.