Where can I find size 3 or 3T pants for a thin wasted girl?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Becky02, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Becky02

Becky02 Well-Known Member

My niece is thin and her mom has her in 2T and 24mth pants and they are way to short on her and it's driving me crazy. She says it's because she is so thin that size 3 are to big on her so I am wondering where can you get adjustable waste or slim clothing for a thin 3yr old girl?

Thanks

2. amelowe9

amelowe9 Well-Known Member

The Children's Place have awesome pants that have adjustable waistbands. I buy a lot of pants for DD there as she also has a tiny waist. I've also see adjustable waistbands in GAP Kids clothing, but you can't beat the price with CP!

3. cjk2002

cjk2002 Well-Known Member

My boys will be 3 next month and still can't fit into the waist of 2T pants. I've been using these for well over a year now and they work great. I have the same problem with length and they can now wear 3T pants without them falling down.

4. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

Dont know where you are located, but The Children's Place and Old Navy sell adjustable pants. Osh Kosh also sells adjustable pants.

5. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I agree with the Children's Place, I have always had luck finding adjustable waists there at a good price.

6. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I buy the Old Navy jeans for my boys, they have the adjustable waist. They are up to a 5T in length, but still about a 2T in the waist! I think the Kohl's brand and Target brand jeans also have the adjustable waists now, too.

7. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I have always gotten my DD's (also very thin in the waist) adjustable waist things (and for jeans she has to have adjustable waist) at Kohl's or The Children's place. I think most jeans now a days come with adjustable waist in them.

8. trudyhm@att.net

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Mine wear leggings most of the time as I can size up for the length and the waist still fits.

9. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

If you do go to childrens place you can always buy her a pair of the jeggings. They look like jeans but are leggins and don't fall down on the kids, they are GREAT and more comfy for them too. Otherwise Gymboree has the adjustatabs too. If you buy big girl size 3 instead of 3T they are made slimmer (I think they are the same length but just slimmer as they are for kids out of diapers).

10. twinsnowwhat

twinsnowwhat Well-Known Member

I like the Gap jeans they have the adjustable waist band. Also was told that the 3 vs 3T pants have draw strings that actually work.