When do they stop taking off their shoes?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by twinboys07, Jun 4, 2008.

1. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

My boys don't walk yet, so they don't wear shoes often. However, my MIL loves Stride Rite and bought them each a pair. They're rather pricey and my MIL is really sweet, so I try to have the boys wear them whenever we go to visit-- it makes her happy, and no harm done.

However..... EVERY time I put shoes on them, they immediately remove them and throw them around the car or house. It's getting annoying and I don't foresee it stopping once they start walking. Do I have years upon years of velcro battles in my future, or do they stop once they start walking?

2. amoneil

amoneil Member

Can't wait for someone to reply with an answer soon because me boys are doing the same thing. I have been avoiding the situation because I don't want to lose a shoe when we are out!

3. Soon2Bmotherof3

Soon2Bmotherof3 Well-Known Member

My son is 2 and half and still does this everytime we go somewhere in the car. It drives us crazy. So wish I could tell you it will stop sometime in the future, but yeah, probably not :)

4. Sullyirishtwins

Sullyirishtwins Well-Known Member

Justin is into that stage right now. As soon as I put his shoes on while I put Rianna's shoes his come right off. I tell him, we're leaving or going outside and no shoes off right now. Ugh!

D, w/Rianna and Justin (20 mos)