When did you get stretchmarks?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by SommerNyte, Jul 7, 2007.

?

When did you get stretchmarks?

1. First Trimester

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Second Trimester

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Third Trimester

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Never

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SommerNyte

SommerNyte Well-Known Member

I never got stretchmarks during my pg with DD, and am wondering when/if I will get them this time. Please vote!

2. AshleyLD

AshleyLD Well-Known Member

I didnt get them with my DD either. I am almost 31 weeks and still have not gotten them. I am really hoping that i dont get them. But i am measuring at 39 weeks.. so by the end i will be measuring HUGE. we will see...

3. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

They started in the third trimester and just exploded all over. :angry:

I should write an angry letter to the Tummy Butter people. I used that stuff RELIGIOUSLY.

4. 2betterthan1

2betterthan1 Well-Known Member

I didn't have any expect around where my belly button was pierced. I just noticed yesterday a few small ones though....

5. cgplanner

cgplanner Active Member

Didn't get them until around 34 weeks and I am always putting lotion on my belly.

6. Stellaluna

Stellaluna Well-Known Member

I had none until late in my pregnancy....like around week 33 or so. AND I used cocoa butter several times a day all over my tummy. <_<

7. xavier2001

xavier2001 Well-Known Member

I had them at 16 weeks!! Now my stomach is a sea of red, even with lotion. My mom had them really bad too, I guess that's where I get em from.

8. noahandjacobsmom

noahandjacobsmom Well-Known Member

Near the end of my third trimester.....not to bad though only near the incision area.

9. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I had 15lbs, 2 oz of baby in me (21 inches each) and never had any stretch marks! No outie belly button either.. just got flat! Good luck!

10. Alyson

Alyson Well-Known Member

Never. I recommend sorbolene cream applied head to foot daily.

11. Shadyfeline

Shadyfeline Well-Known Member

I had almost 14lbs of baby and I didn't get any stretch marks either but my belly button about an inch and a half around is wrinkled skin. I know that most strectch marks do appear out of nowhere usually in the third trimester, I thought that I was getting them around my belly button when I was preggo which was about 34/35 weeks plus I was itchy and my skin was stretched to the limit but now it is just a little wrinkly...which could be just as worse.....my belly button also never went back to normal and I have diastasis recti (muscle seperation)

12. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I voted other as mine appeared after they were born. I was measuring 39 weeks at 27 weeks and I delived a little over a week later. I checked my belly over at the hospital and none were there....2 weeks later....found one!!

13. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

I'm a "never" and I'm pretty sure in my case it's a genetic stretchy skin thing. None of my sisters (including one other twin mommy) nor my mother have them either.

14. HealysBakersDozen

HealysBakersDozen Well-Known Member

I voted never, even though I did get one (1) stretch mark in my 40th week with our second set of twins (go figure!). My belly was huge and I expected more stretch marks but ended up with one, LOL. With my first set of twins (that I also carried to 40 weeks) and with all the other pregnancies (10 total), I never got stretchmarks. Good luck!

15. nanhancan

nanhancan Well-Known Member

I didn't get any with dd1, but when I hit about 33 weeks with the twins (I think they were around 9 total pounds), I got them. YUCK. Now, they look a ton better, but I had the whole "pink tiger" look for a while.
    Good luck.

16. pdxpeach

pdxpeach Well-Known Member

still waiting....

17. debid

debid Well-Known Member

I didn't have any until 32 weeks. The ones I did get are low enough that I could wear a bikini (if not for the loose skin!) I went 39 weeks and never used any special creams or lotions.

18. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

Never had them with my first, and with the twins they arrived at 35 weeks, major bummer. They were big so I was pretty big too ... maybe that didn't help either!

19. Stephanie M

Stephanie M Well-Known Member

I voted OTHER because I found two on my side after giving birth. They are small and not very noticeable. Still there almost a year later.

20. micmose

micmose Well-Known Member

I really think that it has to do with genetics. I got them with my first child around 3 months which was a big surprise to me! Then with my second pregnancy(twins)they just got a lot worse and a lot more of them. One of them ran from the top of my belly button up for about 10 inches. That was the one that actually started to bleed.

21. Britten

Britten Well-Known Member

I voted never, though I did get some on the bottom side of my breasts early on - but none on my belly. I used Palmer's Tummy Butter at least twice a day starting the second I found out I was pregnant - which was literally one week after my IVF transfer. But I didn't always rub it on my boobs, which is why I think I got a few there.

I gained about 40 pounds and the girls were over 10 pounds total. I had them at 36 weeks.

22. irem_burak_twins

irem_burak_twins Active Member

I started to get mine 2 weeks ago at 30 weeks. No woman in my family ever had them, I guess I was the lucky one. It is crazy it is like they are extending an inch every day. My belly looks like (especially the sides and the bottom) a road map. The itching started few days ago. I truly hate them! But, hey! there is nothing we can do about them right now anyway, so I am not crying :D I'll take one problem at a time, I'll have plenty of time to try to fix them later on.
    I hope all of you to have beautiful bellies with no strech marks!
    :give_rose:
    IREM

23. jhaumann

jhaumann Active Member

I didn't vote, because I've had them since puberty. Seriously -- my breasts came with stretch marks, so did my hips. And any fluctuation (up or down) in my weight, results in more on my belly. So for me, it's not a question of when. I already notice two of them growing. I had never tried any creams or anything -- I've just always lived with them, they fade in time... Now that I'm pregnant though, I've been using palmer's stretch mark cream, to see if I can reduce the damage. I think I got the bad genes -- my sister had a beautiful stretch mark free belly when she delivered my nephew.

24. BDFDGirl (Heather)

BDFDGirl (Heather) Well-Known Member

I was taught in nursing school that stretch marks are genetic. If you're family had them (not just your mom, but aunts & g-parents too, as well as dad's mom) you more likely to get them. They told us that there is really no way to prevent stretchmarks. You can however reduce their appearance after the babies are born with creams and lotions.

25. Amberzas

Amberzas Active Member

Never got them with DS...none yet with these, but I'm waiting!

26. monie rose

monie rose Well-Known Member

I am a big girl so I already had stretch marks.

27. Eyler07

Eyler07 Well-Known Member

I voted never. I carried my boys to 36 weeks and didnt get one. I'm hoping that I dont get them with this one either. All together, i had almost 13 lbs of baby in me and had gained 60lbs so.....