What's your favorite comfort food?!?

Discussion in 'General' started by megkc03, Jan 26, 2015.

1. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

So we are hunkered down here in the northeast waiting for "Juno" to dump upwards of 36 inches of snow on us...

Snowstorms make me think of going to the grocery store and buying...junk food. It's all I can think about! And, considering I'm only eating meats and veggies, and no sugar/carbs(almost four weeks...), this is torture!

However, I hope to make chocolate chip cookies with the kids, along with rice Krispy treats(never have before!), and cinnamon roll muffins. And lunch will definitely be grilled cheese and tomato soup!

So, do you have a favorite comfort food? Mine would be anything sugar at this point! Lol!

2. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Shepherd's Pie. ☺️

3. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Macaroni and cheese or au gratin potatoes. Mint Oreo truffles. All the things?

4. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mine is carby delicious white flour noodles. Handmade pasta or egg noodles are my favourite thing. Egg noodles with fried breadcrumbs and onions. Mmmmm

5. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

Mashed potatoes.   Yummy.  

6. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

mac and cheese, onions and peppers fried together, mashed potatoes. anything really

7. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Macaroni and cheese, grilled cheese and almost any kind of soup.
    Oh and hot chocolate.

8. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Snow storms make me want to bake so we made chocolate chip cookies last night :) 

Other favorite comfort foods are tattertot hot dish (I'm married to a minnesotan!), mashed potatoes, home made mac and cheese, split pea soup with ham, and crockpot chili.  Now I'm hungry...

9. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Chicken soup which is simmering on my stove as I type.

10. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Everything?
    I would say Devils food cake, veal parm, and Chinese egg rolls:)

11. threebecamefive

threebecamefive Well-Known Member

Meadow Gold Cookies and Cream ice cream
    Pepperoni pizza

12. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Mac and cheese!

13. Hunne1952

Hunne1952 New Member

Mashed and grilled potatoes

14. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Biscuits and gravy for breakfast, a Chipotle burrito for lunch, and a roast and potatoes from the crockpot for dinner, and chocolate cake for dessert...nom nom nom LOL
    <<That is only in my dreams!! (of course)

15. hudsonfour

hudsonfour Well-Known Member

Soup! Almost any kind of soup is a comfort food to me. I really love homemade chicken veggie soup with dumplings or noodles. Yum.

16. lola5

lola5 Well-Known Member

I guess when seeking a comforting treat, my go-to is a warm bowl of homemade macaroni and cheese. It's interesting how different comfort foods resonate with various people. By the way, have you come across any reliable blue bottle coffee reviews ? I find that a good cup of coffee can also be a source of comfort, especially during cozy moments. The thread offers a delightful insight into the diverse culinary preferences that bring comfort to our lives.