What time is bedtime?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by natmarie, Dec 6, 2007.

1. natmarie

natmarie Well-Known Member

I recently have met quite a few people who put down their toddlers/preschoolers to bed pretty early. Obviously every kid and family is different. Anyways, I was curious, what time do your kids go to bed?

2. KCMichigan

KCMichigan Well-Known Member

We are early people (and get grief from others, but it works for us). The girls go to bed at 7:30 at 2 yrs old. It was 7 PM from age 1- 2 at 2 we pushed it back. Under 1 and they went to bed at 6:30. They have almost always gotten up between 6 and 7 am.

I like the evening for DH and I, it is my time to destress and I am not a nightowl so I need to be in bed by 10ish to feel rested. It works for us since DH gets home at 5 ish and has a plenty of time to 'play' with the girls.

3. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Mine are in bed at 7pm. They wake up at around 7ish no matter what time they go down, so I try and let them get 12 hours of sleep. Not to mention I need some down time too. :winking0009:

4. MusicalAli

MusicalAli Well-Known Member

I see no need for children to be up late. They need their sleep! Mine are in bed by 7:30 and I wish it were 7. However, with working three days a week it's tough. We need that extra half hour. It will be 7:30 for a number of years to come. Mommy needs her time as well!

5. rematuska

rematuska Well-Known Member

The twins go to bed about 6:30, and my three year old at 7:30. We're early, but early risers as well. 5:30 - 6 a.m. wake up call here.

6. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My 7 year old goes to bed at 8:30pm and has since she was 4 years old. Before that she went to bed at 8:00.

The twins go to bed at 7:30 pm.

7. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

usually by 8 ish - mine sleep exactly 11 hours so the later they go down the later they sleep in the morning...I'm impressed at those that put their kids down at 6:30 or 7 - mine would be up by 5:30 and that just doesn't work for mommy!

8. HeyThere

HeyThere Well-Known Member

Between 7:30 and 8.

9. twiceblessedin06

twiceblessedin06 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(TwinLove @ Dec 6 2007, 07:53 PM) [snapback]523964[/snapback]
    Mine are in bed at 7pm. They wake up at around 7ish no matter what time they go down, so I try and let them get 12 hours of sleep. Not to mention I need some down time too. :winking0009:

Ditto!

Sometimes it's as early as 6:30 when Mommy's had it!! :crazy:

10. All three of mine go down at 8 or 8:30 and they are ALL up by 7:30....these kids dont demand much sleep! I am still squeezing in 2 naps a day though. DD was already down to 1 nap a day at this time, so I consider that a blessing!!!

11. excitedk

excitedk Well-Known Member

Bed at 6:30pm and wake at 6:30/7am, plus 2-3hrs nap. I LOVE the early bedtime and won't change until they show it is necessary!!!!

12. Becky02

Becky02 Well-Known Member

My son goes down between 7 and 7:30 and my girls by 8 (has been since they were almost 4). My son gets up anywhere between 5:45 and 6:40 am and my girls usually around 7. It doesn't matter when I put my son to bed he always wakes that early, I think he hears my dh leaving at 5:30-5:45 and wakes up and they for the next half hour I try to put him back to sleep (if I'm lucky he goes back quickly and stays a sleep for 30 mins).

13. Shadyfeline

Shadyfeline Well-Known Member

7pm but my friend's daughter goes down between 9/10pm....My boys would never make it that late plus they never sleep later then 7am. My SD is in bed by 9pm she's 9 and gets up at 7:30 for school. I need time to recharge at night, some time to myself and I usually go to bed by 10:30pm.

14. Babytimes2

Babytimes2 Well-Known Member

Between 7:30 and 8:00.

15. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

In bed at 8:00

16. runnergirl

runnergirl Well-Known Member

By 8P. I'd love it to be earlier but DH doesn't get home until ~6 and I'm trying to be in the routine of us all eating dinner together and by the time we eat, play, bathe, etc., its 8.

17. littletwinstars

littletwinstars Well-Known Member

They go to bed at 7:30pm and fall asleep within minutes. They wake up between 7-7:30am and are still taking 2 naps (45 minutes to 1 1/2hr). They were sleeping a little longer in the morning until Daylight Savings.

18. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

Well... mine used to go to bed at 8 p.m. and by that I mean we put them down at 8 and literally 5 minutes later they were asleep... But we have been having major sleep issues lately so there are many nights they are not asleep until 9:30 p.m. but I still put them in their beds between 8 and 8:30 p.m.

19. thea7

thea7 Well-Known Member

Wow, mine stay up late! They're 2 years old and typically go to bed at 9PM. I didn't know that was so late :)

thea

20. LLA

LLA Well-Known Member

Mine are almost 4 and they go to bed around 9 to 9:30, but they do not get up until 9 to 10am. My DH does not get home until around 6:30pm. We are late night people, and this works for us.

21. AshleyLD

AshleyLD Well-Known Member

All 3 go to bed at 8.. DD1 stays up until 9 sometimes.. for Daddy to come home... Plus its kinda nice.. she sleeps in sometimes..

22. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

Mine go to bed anywhere from 6.30/7pm and get up around 6.30/7am maybe later if they are tired. They take a 1.5 hour nap during the day x

23. dawnmj

dawnmj Well-Known Member

Around 6:30 here and uaually up around 7am. I am not sure if that will change or not when I start working out of the home.

24. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

All 4 of mine go to bed at 830 and have for as long as I can remember. They are all up by 730/800 (other than DD who has to get up at 6). The 3 youngest still nap for about 3hrs a day.

25. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

K&M are in bed by 8-8:30 PM. They wake between 7-7:30 AM. They nap usually for about 2 hours.

26. swp0525

swp0525 Well-Known Member

I guess I'm the early birdie here :blush: but mine are in bed between 6 and 6:30 everynight. I wake them up at 6:30a during the week and they wake on their own b/w 7 and 7:30 on the weekends.

My almost 7yo goes to bed b/w 7 and 7:30 during the week and I get him up at 6:15a for school. On Friday and Saturday nights he goes to bed b/w 8:30 and 9 and most Friday nights he's asking to go to bed!!

DH and I NEED some quiet kid-free time everyday, so our early bedtimes work for EVERYONE!!!

27. j_and_j_twins

j_and_j_twins Well-Known Member

usually 7.30pm they are 4, I plan to keep that time for a few years although during the summer it does get a bit later

28. LB

LB Well-Known Member

wow...we are early birds...Our guys are in bed by 6...sometimes a little before.. This is not by my choice...They ARE MISERABLE and nothing seems to help. I've tried numerous times to keep them up later and it's just awful and they still get up at 630 or 7 am anyway. So I decided not to fight it. They sleep straight through the night as well. I don't know how many people look at me as if I'm a mean mommy and "make" them go to bed so early. Anyone who lives in this house knows how awful it gets

29. LouCee

LouCee Well-Known Member

Jon is in bed by 7:10 and Nicholas is in bed by 7:20.

30. stacyann_1

stacyann_1 Well-Known Member

Usually are laying down with them between 8:30-9pm. If they have a late nap it is around 9:30pm.. If they do not nap, around 7:30pm. It takes them usually 20 minutes to fall asleep.

31. Melis

Melis Well-Known Member

The twins are in bed around 7 or 7:30. My oldest is usually around 8.

32. Sullyirishtwins

Sullyirishtwins Well-Known Member

My hubby doesn't come home until 7 pm. I tried to keep the kiddies up if necessary between 7 to 8 pm. for us (with 2 naps that last 45 mins to 1-1/2 hour) but they are still early riser at 5:00/5:30/6:00 AM. They'll be going down to 1 nap any time soon!

Diana w/Rianna and Justin (14 mos)

33. Stacy A.

Stacy A. Well-Known Member

I'm another one whose schedule is dictated by DH's. He is a retail manager and, if he opens, doesn't get home until 7pm (9pm if he closes). So, I've worked hard to push bedtime back to about 8:30-9 so that he can spend some time with them. My life would be easier if they went to bed earlier, but the look on their faces when Daddy walks in the door is worth it.

34. twinsohmy

twinsohmy Well-Known Member

The babies got to bed at 6:30 (up at 6/6:30)...5 year old at 7:30, 9 year old at 8:00. All of them fall asleep quick.

35. ~ilyse~

~ilyse~ Well-Known Member

QUOTE(LB @ Dec 7 2007, 08:20 AM) [snapback]524474[/snapback]
    wow...we are early birds...Our guys are in bed by 6...sometimes a little before.. This is not by my choice...They ARE MISERABLE and nothing seems to help. I've tried numerous times to keep them up later and it's just awful and they still get up at 630 or 7 am anyway. So I decided not to fight it. They sleep straight through the night as well. I don't know how many people look at me as if I'm a mean mommy and "make" them go to bed so early. Anyone who lives in this house knows how awful it gets

Same situation here. Rather than fight it, we just work with it. They are up by 5:30-6am no matter what I do. So I just try to get to bed as early as I can which is fine by me and it works for us. It just gets tough on the weekends when there is a family event or something.