What can I read to prepare for twin issues?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Mrs.Bears, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Mrs.Bears

Mrs.Bears Active Member

I see all the terms and I have no clue what they mean is there a section that I can read or can anyone recommend a book? Thank you

2. Mrs.Bears

Mrs.Bears Active Member

I see all the terms and I have no clue what they mean is there a section that I can read or can anyone recommend a book? Thank you

3. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

4. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

If you go to Amazon.com and do a search for twin pregnancies, there are quite a few books on the subject.

But honestly, I've learned more from this site than anything!!!!!!!!

5. sitkamom

sitkamom Well-Known Member

I love 'Having Twins' by Elizabeth Noble. This site is also really helpful, it's like having the experience of everyone's doctors all at the same time! Also, I have the Dr Luke book, but glad I didn't get it til about 25 weeks along or I would have stressed myself out too much about the 'twin diet'. I have been focusing on certain aspects of my diet, (higher protein when possible, lots of water, etc..) and have so far gained 25 pounds as of my 26 week visit and the kids are doing great. Anyway, 'Having Twins' is my favorite in addition to 'Ready or Not, Here We Come' the girlfriends guide to the first year with twins. It's an easy read and my husband gets lots out of it too without scaring him too much with all the medical issues that could arise [​IMG]

6. Michelle B

Michelle B Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Ditto on Dr. Barbara Luke's book When Your Expecting Twins......
    Ditto on Ready or Not, Here We Come. It reminded me a lot of The Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy series.
    I also read and liked The Multiples Manual Preparing and Caring for Twins or Triplets by Lynn Lorenz. She is a twin who had triplets.

7. Mrs.Bears

Mrs.Bears Active Member

I notice the books I have are separated by trimesters, should I read as they grow [​IMG] or read it all at once...

8. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

I refer to Dr. Luke's book as the "Bible" of twin pregnancy. It is a must have.

9. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

quote:
    Originally posted by Mrs.Bears:
    I notice the books I have are separated by trimesters, should I read as they grow [​IMG] or read it all at once...

I would read it as you go. I tried reading the whole thing first and it really freaked me out about what was to come. I agree that Dr. Luke's book was pretty good, but I also wouldn't take everything in there as gospel. As with any book, not all the advice works for everyone.

10. Mrs.Bears

Mrs.Bears Active Member

great thanks everyone!!!

11. KIERAN-N-BETH

KIERAN-N-BETH Well-Known Member

Good Read

May i make 1 sugestion though, and this may not apply to you as it did to me. Doing as much researcha as I did, i SCARED myself into thinking things were alot worse than they really were. Limit your reading into factual things, and and first hand knowledge, and also make sure you speak you realise for every one person or baby with a condition there are 1 million without it!

It got me all worked up for no reason!

-kieran-

12. first_second_and_last

first_second_and_last Well-Known Member

I read as many books as I could get my hands on. I feel like I got different perspectives, but consistent as well. I LOVED Dr. Luke's book. I wasn't religious on the diet, but I focused on the main points.

13. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

I was also a big reader during my pregnancy and we included all the books I liked in the Twins Resources section of our website. It includes some pregnancy books, parenting, a children's book, breastfeeding, and a few others. I weeded out everything that I didn't find useful.