What are you MOMS going to wear for summer shoes?

Discussion in 'General' started by lianyla, Mar 30, 2010.

1. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

We are outside a TON so I want a sandal type thing like Crocs-- help!

What are you guys wearing?

Suggestions?

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm a flip flop person, so I love the LL Bean flip flips, I have about 3 or 4 pairs and plan on ordering another for the summer.

3. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

I love my LL Bean flip flops too. I am not an adult "traditional" Croc wearer. But some of their new flip flop styles have caught my eye.

4. lianyla

Can you find a link and post it??

5. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Ditto Nancy! I am a dedicated flip flop girl as soon as the weather hits 50!

6. DATJMom

I have these (except with dogs on it).

I am thinking of getting something like this. Croc 1 Croc 2

7. lianyla

OH MY GOD! I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting the CROC2 that you posted, Rachel!

I LOVE THEM!

Thanks!

I was debating on the actual Crocband Croc shoe this morning and didn't see the flop.

Dig them!

Thanks!

8. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

I have a pair of Reef flip flops that I wear when it is warm out. I love them and will be purchasing another pair this summer. They have really good support and are very comfortable. I bought mine from shoebuy.com.

9. DATJMom

:good: Let me know if you like them. ;)

10. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I just ordered these from LL Bean. (The blue floral). Last summer I lived in my Fit Flops (bronze) which my MIL sent me for Mother's Day. They are soooooo comfortable. And for non flip flop shoes I wear my Lands End Mary Janes.

I do not like the regular Crocs for adults (although I think they look adorable on kids and my kids all wear them). The flip flop ones look okay though.

I can vouch for that, she was wearing them last week when I saw her.

11. lianyla

OH MY I just found out that UGG also makes flip flops!

Searching that site too!!

There is just too much to choose from!

HELP!

Do you guys worry about getting your toes smashed w/ flip flops? I kinda do.

12. jromkey

jromkey Well-Known Member

I love, love, love my Naot sandals - I live in them during the summer. I like flip flops too but mostly just around the house because they don't have enough support for walking long distances downtown. I highly recommend Naot shoes because they are comfortable and long lasting (and they have a ton of great styles, none of which look like your grandma's shoes)!!

13. Jill R.

Jill R. Well-Known Member

I love my Birkenstocks. I know they're more expensive than most other sandals/flip flops, but they last forever. I got my first pair 12 years ago, and I still wear them. They're just so comfortable! I do a day at the zoo and not worry about my feet hurting at all. I highly recommend shoebuy.com. I love that they have free shipping AND free return shipping in case the shoes don't fit.

14. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I never wore flip flops until I met Ginga ones. I bought them on the fly when I was going to get a pedicure and forgot my cheapo dollar store foam ones and I've gotten 4 more pair since.

They can be hard to find because they aren't a big brand, I get them at a shoe outlet store here. The only place online I've found is http://www.swimmingmatters.ca/sandals-footwear/ginga-womens-thong-sandal.html (I've used them and they were great!)

15. TennesseeMomma

TennesseeMomma Well-Known Member

I second the Naot sandals...a bit expensive, but so comfortable. I have really bad feet, and it is hard to find comfy shoes...I live in my Naots all summer long. I can even go on a 2 mile walk with these sandals because they are so comfy! And they have so much to choose from! They last a long time (Mine are 3 + years which is pretty good since I wear them so much!)

16. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

Naot sandals are awesome. I alternate between a pair of those and these Keen sandals. I am NOT a flip flop fan - I broke my foot in four places while wearing flip flops and endured many lectures from the orthopedist about how bad they are for your feet.

17. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

I love my croc flip flops, the only problem is if the insides get wet you are sliding everywhere.

18. mommyto3girls

mommyto3girls Well-Known Member

I got a couple pair of Adara at the Croc outlet last summer and love them. Sorry my link didn't work.

19. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

Not a croc fan in the least, not even for my kids (they always trip and fall when they wear them!). Anyway, I am a HUGE Addidas Ayunda flip flop fan! They are nice and cooshy. I am very picky about comfort when I have shoes, and these are at the top of my very short list. My kids even wear them!

20. Callen

Callen Well-Known Member

I have an addiction to Birkenstock's - they are the best.

The only Crocs I have and can stand are these.

I also have a great pair of sandals from Earth Shoes that are great. Can't find the exact ones or I would highly recommend them too.

I cannot stand thongs - the thing between my toes drives me :crazy:

21. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm not a croc fan either. I wear flipflops all summer long. I have about 4-5 pairs. :ibiggrin:

22. Angela0580

Angela0580 Well-Known Member

I LOVE my croc flip flops, they are so comfy (and cute too!) I wear flip flops all year, even when it snows. I HATE socks. ( I do have snowboots if I'm actually out in it playing with the kids, but just walking to my car, yep flip flops!)

23. chatongris

chatongris Well-Known Member

flip flops hands down. i get the cheapo kind from target for everyday wear

24. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

For the weekends or hanging out with the family I wear flip flops (I have a pair of Borns that are SOOOO comfy, and I have a couple of pairs of cheap ones), birkies (mine are now 10 years old and are still in great shape), or my converse.

25. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

When we were in Florida I would wear my Birkis or Teva Mush day in and day out. I love Birkis (not the birkenstocks, the plastic birkis, but too many people mistake them for Crocs and that bugs me. :lol:) but I have to order new footbeds for all 3 pairs and it's on the bottom of my list since I can't wear them to work.

I did buy a cute pair of peeptoe heels from Naturalizer a few weeks ago.

26. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

I loathe flip flops and am also not a fan of any shoes that show my toes. I do have some Crocs, but don't like to wear them for more than a quick trip outside or for gardening or something.

I'm in love with my Merrell Encore MJs:

http://www.shoebuy.com/merrell-encore-mj/261300

They're the only shoes I've ever owned that I can wear all day without socks and they don't make my feet feel gross. I'm even considering buying another pair even though they are almost never on sale.

27. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I love, love, LOVE flip flops & would wear them year round if I could. I am addicted to Havaianas & have many pairs. So comfy!!

28. lianyla

You guys are the BEST! I'm looking up EVERY SINGLE suggestion! Love it, keep them coming!!!!

THANK U!

29. lianyla

Alright, just ordered two funky pairs of Birkenstocks from Amazon. One has little cherries all over it w/ white back ground and goes between the toe and the other has two straps across the whole foot w/ pink flowers and stuff. SUPER CUTE!

Thanks guys. I wore Birkenstocks in grade school and middle school, that's when they were "cool" and totally forgot about them! I loved them and can't wait to get my 2 new pairs!

Glad I asked you guys!!

Here is one pair : http://www.amazon.com/Birkenstock-Florida-Romance-Flowers/dp/B002PNW90O/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_3

and here is the other: http://www.amazon.com/Birkenstock-Gizeh-White-Cherry-Print/dp/B002MGWVLG/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_3

Many thanks, I really like knowing what other people are wearing for shoes :) And I have a shopping problem.

30. jromkey

jromkey Well-Known Member

Totally cute shoes!! Great choice.

And I can relate - I have a shoe addiction. My husband thinks I am nutty. I am not above hiding shoe boxes from him and then casually trotting out a new pair of shoes as if I've had them forever. "Oh, these old things? Can't believe you never noticed them before!"

31. hudsonfour

hudsonfour Well-Known Member

I am a huge flip flop girl. My co-workers joke about me losing my toes to frost bite because I will often wear them in the winter too ( I do live in N FL, it isn't that cold). My favs..Teva, Fit Flops and Havaianas. Right now I have been wearing my different Fit Flops daily. To add to my collection, I often pick up cute flip flops at Target, TJ MAXX, and Marshalls.

32. Jill R.

Jill R. Well-Known Member

I LOVE the Birks you picked! I'm kinda glad they don't have the first one in my size, because I wouldn't have been able to resist buying them. :)

33. Callen

Callen Well-Known Member

Good for you. You can never go wrong with Birks!

34. lianyla

Thanks! I really love them and they just shipped today so I cannot wait to get them! I don't think the prices on them were too bad, either. AND.. I've already got my eye on like 8 pair for winter.. LOL!

35. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

Hi, my name is Gina and I'm addicted to flip flops.
    (Hi, Gina!)

Seriously, I have a ridiculous amount of flip flops. I just love them and pretty much wear them year-round.
    The ones I wear the most are the cheap ones from Old Navy! (Every year they sell them for 2 pair for $5 or $2.50/pair. Can't beat that! And I wear them out fast.)