Wagon recommendations?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by rkokinda, Dec 3, 2009.

1. rkokinda

rkokinda Well-Known Member

We're thinking of asking for a wagon for the girls as a Christmas present. We also have a 5 year old. One of my cousins, who had twins, had this wonderful little wagon that she would pull them around in when they were very small. It was entirely canvas and folded (though the folding would be an optional feature, in my opinion). I would be worried that it might not be durable enough for the long run, though, and was thinking that maybe we should ask for something more "traditional" like a Radio Flyer that all the kids could eventually be pulled around in.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

2. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

We have this Radio Flyer at my IL's beach house and we have this Step 2 wagon at our house. I dont think you can go wrong as long as you have enough room for 2 and some cup holder and seatbelts.

3. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We have the Choo-choo wagon from Step 2. They are no longer making it, but you can often find them available in great shape second hand, maybe on Craigslist. We LOVE ours!

4. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We have the Radio Flyer with a canopy...I don't think having a canopy is necessary but the kids absolutely love the wagon. I think whatever you decide to get, will be a big hit. Like Rachel said, just make sure it has the seatbelts and cup holders. Good luck on your decision!

5. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

I totally forgot we have one of these too :blush: This is by far the most used that we have.

6. newpairofschus

newpairofschus Well-Known Member

I believe we have the same one and we love it! I actually love the canopy option...great for longer summer jaunts, naps, etc. Can't say enough good stuff about this wagon!

Eve

7. mannanichole

mannanichole Active Member

I want one now!

8. mollyjm

mollyjm Well-Known Member

Ive never seen this. LOVE IT!

9. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

Ok the choo choo wagon rocks, I think I need to keep my eyes out for a used one on craigslist.

10. betha

betha Well-Known Member

We have the radio flyer with the canopy and we love it! We just took a walk around the neighborhood in it yesterday. They love the open view, as opposed to being stuck in the stroller. It's pretty bulky, though. It won't be replacing our stroller any time soon. I love the canopy. We have hot sun here and it's nice to have that as an option.