video cameras

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Gimena, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Gimena

Gimena Well-Known Member

Hi ladies,
    just wanted to say that one thing I wish we had bought was a monitor video camera,
    no you don't really need it, we have regular monitors, but
    now that they are older (they share a room) I wish I had them...
    I hear them laughing and talking to each other, but as soon as I open the door
    of course they stop and want to come out. I managed to sneak in one day
    and caught ds making silly faces with his paci to dd and she was cracking up
    I often wish I had a camera so I could watch them do things they don't really
    do when we are around or they are out of their crib.

2. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:wub:

I have to second that. We had them for the kids and I loved watching them when they didn't know I was. :spy:

3. DblStuffOreo

DblStuffOreo Well-Known Member

What kind of video monitor did you get/do you recommend? What safety concerns did you encounter, if any I am expecting our twins in May and I have mixed feelings about the video monitors.

On one hand, I like the security of being able to check on them without having them see me and get riled up (especially at bed time). On the other hand, I have read reviews that say that if anyone else has the same style receiver, they can pick up the transmission from your monitor and see your child. I have read this comment most with the Summer brand of monitor.

Perhaps I am worrying about this too much, but I fear unintentially giving someone else the ability to peek into my children's bedroom. Thanks for any and all thoughts and real experiences.

4. lisagayle

lisagayle Well-Known Member

I agree with the PP that the safety issue of having other people see into the bedroom is a little freaky. Especially if you happen in there in the middle of the night half dressed to breastfeed or change a diaper. SCARY!

However, it is such a nice thought to be able to catch them doing silly things and also make sure they are safe and sound. I can't count the number of times my paranoid new mom gear kicked in with my DS and I could have SWORN I heard him crying only to race into his room and he was fast asleep. So it would be nice to be able to see and hear.

Any thoughts on brands that are not known to have signal interference?

5. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I was just thinking the same thing the other day! It would be sweet to watch them when they are being all sweet and cute but also to see what it is that they are doing to make all that noise before actually going in there and starting from square one with the bedtime or nap!
    My next baby shower gift to someone may have to be a video monitor!