Update- my girls are here!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Vividor, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Vividor

Vividor Member

After complete bedrest at home for 10 weeks and 6 weeks of hospital bed rest WITHOUT restroom or shower privileges, I had my girls at 34 weeks and 1 day. Everything was going very good until I started having abdominal pain that was getting worse and worse, so my dr sent me to the hospitl to check for contractions and blood work. I was having mild contractions, but my cervix was closed. It was Friday night, my husband and I spent this night at labor and delivery triage.. The pain was getting worse and worse, on Saturday it was so bad, that I started to scream and beg for more pain medicine, they started IV for morphine, every two hours.. I knew it's not labor pain, it was something different... Sunday morning I had emergency c section because I could not tolerate this pain anymore and this pain triggered strong contractions and cervical opening. It was Sunday and my dr was away with the family in other stet, but he came over to do my c section.. When he cut me open, he saw that my appendix was ruptured, so general surgeon was called and I had to go through appendectomy afetr they took the girls out.
    Girls were both 4 lbs 4 oz, Alexa required couple says on CPAP and had two doses of lung surfactant nd antibiotics, Juliana was fine. Even though Alexa was sicker in the beginning, she caught up very fast and actually was released home earlier than her sister because Juliana wasn't eating well.. Now after 3 weeks in NICU, we are home, and happy..
    I am so happy when I look at them, my heart hurts.. Love them so much..

1 person likes this.
  2. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yay! So glad that you are all healthy!

3. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations! Very glad to hear everyone is home and well.

4. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Whew! What a birth!  Congratulations, so happy to hear your home and happy and healthy!!:)

5. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

Congrats!!

6. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!! I am glad to hear all went well with them - sorry about your appendix issue. Enjoy the first few months - they go really fast.

7. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your baby girls and way to chug through the bedrest - - you did a fantastic job!!!  I only did 2 days hospital bedrest before labor... I can't imagine 6 weeks.  My twins also did 3 weeks of NICU time and it is tough ride but it quickly became a distant memory when they came home!  Sorry to hear about your appendicitis, but I am glad you are all home and well!  Enjoy your babies!!!!!

8. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

What a wild ride! I'm so glad to hear you're at home and settling in. Congrats, mama.

9. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

Congratulations - good to hear you are all well and home! Enjoy your babymoon at home.

10. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations Vivi!  I am glad to read that you are all healthy and well!

11. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations Vivi! So sorry you had to go through an appendectomy on top of a birth, but glad you are ok. Welcome to the First Year!

12. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations!! Although I am sorry about the ruptured appendix! Ouch!
    I'm happy to hear you are all home and healthy! Welcome to the world Alexa and Juliana! Yay!!

13. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

Wow! What a roller coaster delivery! I'm glad everyone is doing well and at home now!

Congrats! :)

14. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congrats!!  Glad to hear you are all home!!

15. Vividor

Vividor Member

Thank you everyone for all the wishes!! I am enjoying sleepless nights now:)