TWO HEARTBEATS!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by WaterGuzzler, Jan 14, 2009.

1. WaterGuzzler

WaterGuzzler Well-Known Member

I so wish I could respond to each and every one of the replies to my post about my girls. I am so exhausted but I was told yesterday by a member who called (THANKS!) and happened to catch me in the recovery room yesterday so I had to give my update now instead of tomorrow. I've only been on here for 6 wks or so and am overwhelmed by the response and caring by all of you. We have been asking everyone that crosses our paths to please pray for our little girls and I truly believe that this is a miraculous occasion.

We came out of surgery yesterday, they extracted ~750ccs of fluid from the recipient, and I got to see the entire thing on screen. At the end they looked at the babies in utero (I'm going to try to attach one of the pics here), but Eve (donor) was tightly wrapped facing the placenta so there were no face shots. We did get to verify that they were girls, though :) After that it was a 24 hr, emotional waiting game.

We went for our u/s this morning and I told my tech to let me know when I could look. I was petrified of seeing only one baby living so I waited. Almost immediately she said, "Okay, you can look now." I started sobbing so I couldn't even lift my head up to look. Finally I saw that precious heartbeat of the donor, and then she switched to the recipient. I was a mess :D

Eve is still pretty wrapped up but finally has more room to move. Where she could only cross her wrists at her chin, she was now putting them down toward her body and trying to push the membrane away. She took a big stretch and opened her mouth. She has a bladder now. Her dopplers are PERFECT.

Lia did just as well with dopplers that noted marked improvement already. She finally had a flat umbilical vein reading which means her circulatory system is doing what it's supposed to be doing. She's not getting too much now.

Dr. Q said my cervix was a great length, they got all of the interrupting vessels, and we couldn't have asked for a more textbook case. I'll be going for weekly u/s for 4 wks with both Dr. Q's team, the peri cardiologist, and now a new OB bc mine kicked me out--lovingly :) They're not comfortable with this case.

I can feel both of them moving now. I'm just completely overwhelmed by the awesomeness of this. I am very grateful and definitely believe in the power of prayer. My husband has always had a difficult time really trusting in God, but I feel that this has brought him much closer now.

I swear, if I could give all of you a huge, gigantic hug right now I would! These babies are truly a blessing to us and I am so ready to keep baking them for at least another 18wks! Thank you so much again...

Danielle, Adam, Owen, Jocelyn, Eve, and Lia

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/jadus4/Lia18w3d.jpg

2. Sisrea

Sisrea Well-Known Member

WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!
    Congrats!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

3. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I have been checking back all day looking for an update, and omg YAY YAY I am soooo happy everything went so well!!! :wub: She's beautiful!!

4. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Great news!

5. brianamurnion

brianamurnion Well-Known Member

What an amazing and awesome post! Prayers will continue to flow for you and your baby girls!!

6. flygirlcdh

flygirlcdh Well-Known Member

I am so glad to hear all three of you are doing great. I will continue to keep you and your girls in my prayers. Your story will give hope to so many people out there in horrible situations like yours. Congrats and keep up the good luck!

7. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

Great news!!!! Keep doing what you're doing!!!!

8. dowlinal

dowlinal Well-Known Member

Wonderful news!! Thanks for letting us know.

9. timba09

timba09 Well-Known Member

Oh that's so awesome!!!! I'm so very happy and relieved for you and your girls! I'll continue to send healing thoughts to those precious little ones.

10. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

Praise God. Thanks for updating. I will be praying for your girls too!

11. b/gtwinmom07

b/gtwinmom07 Well-Known Member

That is just wonderful news!!! I am happy things went "so textbook"

12. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

That is such awesome news! Glad to hear things are going so well for you. :hug:

13. Brizzy_Twins

Brizzy_Twins Well-Known Member

YAY!! THATS AWESOME!!! I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT! We are VERY happy for all of you. Please keep us updated :)

14. Melis

Melis Well-Known Member

Wow that is great new, what an amazing photo.

15. sullivanre

sullivanre Well-Known Member

Great news!

16. june07girl

june07girl Well-Known Member

That is fantastic news, thank you for updating us!! :) :)

17. happybearsfan

happybearsfan Well-Known Member

Praise the Lord!

This is such wonderful, wonderful news. Your post gave me chills.

18. momof5

momof5 Well-Known Member

I sobbed when I read your post. I am so excited for you and your precious girls. I have been praying like crazy. I had 3 amniotic fluid drains, I had the "stuck twin", no visible bladder....etc. I was lucky though, I was further along when mine got really bad. I am just so happy for you. What a miracle, God is good! I will continue to be praying for you and watching for your updates. TTTS families have a special place in my heart, I know the terror and the scare and the grim facts but there is new hope everyday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. kittymum

kittymum Well-Known Member

YIPPPPEEE!!

20. tbeards

tbeards Well-Known Member

Congratulations on a successful surgery! The picture you posted is also incredible. What an amazing look at your little angel : )

21. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

That is fantastic news!! I am glad it all went well x

22. kymbahlee

kymbahlee Well-Known Member

Oh thank goodness! You have people all over the world hoping and praying for your little girls. And you should not be surprised at the number of people replying to your post - you have offered hope and encouragement many, many times on here to lots of people (myself included!)
    And well done to the doc, too. Modern day miracle man.

23. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

I have chills and tears in my eyes. :cry: I'm so glad it went well for all of you. :hug:

24. Jenn G

Jenn G Well-Known Member

YAY!!!! :lol: That is such wonderful news! I'm so happy that everything went so well. What a way to start my day! :) And what an amazing photo- Lia is beautiful! Thanks for the update!

25. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for updating us in your exhausted state! Reading your post made me cry tears of joy (as I did yesterday). I am so happy you live in Tampa and were able to have such great care! Lots of hugs to you, your husband and ALL of your little ones!

26. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

:banana: Congrats. I hope the rest of your pregnancy is completely uneventful!!! Get some rest.

27. kitkat72783

kitkat72783 Well-Known Member

Congrats!!!!! That is so awsome!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

28. MamaKimberlee

MamaKimberlee Well-Known Member

It's obvious God has you in Tampa for a reason!!!!!
    YEAH GOD!!!!!!

29. Erineliza

Erineliza Well-Known Member

I am so happy things went well. I will pray they continue to go that way and you have two healthy babies!!

30. twinsmommy11007

twinsmommy11007 Well-Known Member

I have chills....God Bless you all and those precious little miracles. I will be praying for their safe arrival....Always believe in Miracles. :)

31. becky5

becky5 Guest

I am SO happy for you Danielle! :hug:

32. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Danielle, that is wonderful news!!! :Clap: :yahoo: :clapping:

33. oh-baby-baby

oh-baby-baby Well-Known Member

Oh Thank You Jesus! I kept checking back to see if you had an update for us...I am so glad that the girls are doing well... :hug:

34. Jenn79

Jenn79 Well-Known Member

:banana: :woohoo: [SIZE=18pt]That is just AWESOME news! [/SIZE] :banana: :woohoo:

Thank you so much for the update, I have been thinking of you and your family. SO glad to hear it all went well. I am sure you are physically and emotionally drained so get some rest. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your journey!

Take care and God Bless!
    Jenn

35. mar66rus2

mar66rus2 Well-Known Member

Congrats on the successful surgery!! The picture is very cool!