Twins HATE jump-up - ideas?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by DblStuffOreo, Oct 12, 2010.

1. DblStuffOreo

DblStuffOreo Well-Known Member

My twins, who are 6 months today (4 1/2 months adjusted), are really getting moving. They love bouncing up and down when DH and I are holding them. We figured they were ready for a toy that bounced and I was going to buy a jumper of some sort. A friend brought over her Johnny Jump-up (the one that hangs from the door) for us to try it out... and the twins HATED it. We barely got them in before they were screaming - total melt down. So, my questions to you ladies are:

1) Did it take your twins a few tries to like the bouncer? Or should I take this as a sign that bouncers are not for them? (I should note that they recently have begun boycotting the swing, too. Could they be afraid of them?)

2) If they hate the Johnny jump-up, should I try a jumperoo that doesn't hang from the door?

3) Are there any other bouncing toys I should consider, or should we just stick to taking turns and bouncing in a parent's arms?

I want to encourage the bouncing, but my tired arms could use some help.

Thanks!

2. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Some kids just don't like certain toys, which is a major bummer when you're trying to keep them occupied. Mine hated the swing and were only lukewarm on the jolly jumper. They LOVED jumperoos though because there were other toys and songs and lights. I think the jolly jumper was a bit boring to them. You could also try an excersaucer that doesn't bounce but they can stand up in.. perhaps the instability of the jumper was a bit much for them to start?

3. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

Mine love jumperoo and exersaucer. Yeah those have touys lights music on them so kids love them a lot. Its worth trying.

And my twins are same age with yours (about 4.5 months adjusted) hahah. I let them in jumperoo around 4 months. Now my kids muscles are so strong.

4. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

Our boys loved their exersaucer and jumperoo. We tried a johnny jump-up that was given to us and they wouldn't even jump. Honestly, I think they liked the music and toys on the jumperoo and exersaucer. We've already had to get rid of both, though - they want to crawl and pull up and play and got so they would just cry when they were in them. That started at about 7 months when they really started crawling.

5. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

Mine love jumperoo and exersaucer. Yeah those have touys lights music on them so kids love them a lot. Its worth trying.

And my twins are same age with yours (about 4.5 months adjusted) hahah. I let them in jumperoo around 4 months. Now my kids muscles are so strong.