Twin Growth Difference

Discussion in 'General' started by noendinsight88, Jan 20, 2017.

1. noendinsight88

noendinsight88 New Member

Hi everyone!

I am 20 weeks 4 days..This has been such a stressful pregnancy! I am pregnant with fraternal twin boys. Both have separate sacs and placenta. Baby A is growing exactly how he should be but Baby B is about 9 days behind his brother in growth. They said he has low blood flow to the placenta. It is absent.The doctors said there is a 35% difference. Baby B is very active and has a good heart beat, and has good fluid. I HATE going to these doctors. I am so high risk my OBGYN sent me only to high risk and they scare me every time I go and make me so stressed and cry. Last time I was there they told me that coming 24 weeks I may have to make a decision if I want to deliver to save both babies but if I do it will risk Baby A and I could lose them both so right then and there I said no! I demand to go as long as I can. They also stated if I do lose Baby B along the way I would have to carry him deceased until his brother is born. This whole situation is just terrible. Anyone have any positive feedback? They said they don't have a crystal ball so they don't know what is going to happen.

2. Cristianne

Cristianne New Member

Hi,
    I turn currently pregnant with twin girls and turn 21 weeks tomorrow. I am so sorry that this is happening to you!! I am also considered high risk pregnancy because of my age and also b/c of carrying twins. I will be praying for you and hope that you get a miracle to save your little guys!