Twilight

Discussion in 'General' started by double-or-nothing, Nov 5, 2008.

1. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Evelyn @ Nov 29 2008, 12:30 AM) [snapback]1089821[/snapback]
    NOT ANOTHER HARSH WORD ABOUT EDWARD CULLEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    now, let's not be irrational. we all know why edward left, and it was for her own sake. I'm about to explode here, so one more mean thing about my Edward might just bring me overboard here...
    I'm in histerics over one angry sign. This is why when it comes to Edward Cullen, I'll turn to a tiger in his defense. Everyone knows it. I'm sorry for my little outburst, but I'm obsessed. And in love. Is it pathetic.
    I'll be bawling when this certain part happens, and wailing every time Jacob smiles, and Bella smiles in his presence, and squeeling when he comes back. Everyone will probably stare at me. I'll cheer, and cry and yah. Everyone will think that I'm an idiot.

You are starting to worry my Evelyn. I'm wondering if maybe this book should have been rated for an older audience and not put in the hands of such young impressionable minds that have a hard time distinguishing reality from fantasy. It's kind of sad. I mean, I admit that while I was reading the books, yes, I found myself loving a fictional character but at some point, reality comes back to you and you realize it's so much better and much more interesting when you live in the real world then in a world that doesn't really exist.

Sorry, not trying to be a downer or negative and you probably don't even care about what anyone says when it comes to Edward Cullen but seriously, it's a book (well, and now a movie ;) ).

2. Inlowtwins

Inlowtwins Well-Known Member

I've seen it twice now and I thought it was great! I didn't have too high of expectations, since I knew it couldn't possibly be as good as the book, but I really enjoyed it. I thought Kristen was wonderful as Bella. She seems as awkward and clumsy as I pictured her. I also thought Robert was dead on as Edward. Their chemistry was great! I turned to my friend when they kissed at prom and said "Damn that's good!" There were some really funny parts too I thought. I thought the Cullen's cooking scene was hilarious and then Rosalie breaks the bowl. I also loved when Edward walks into the lunch room for the first time. Our entire audience cheered! Anyway all in all I enjoyed it and look forward buying it when it comes out on DVD. I also can't wait for New Moon!!

3. Bichon999

Bichon999 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(double-or-nothing @ Nov 29 2008, 10:07 AM) [snapback]1090001[/snapback]
    You are starting to worry my Evelyn. I'm wondering if maybe this book should have been rated for an older audience and not put in the hands of such young impressionable minds that have a hard time distinguishing reality from fantasy. It's kind of sad. I mean, I admit that while I was reading the books, yes, I found myself loving a fictional character but at some point, reality comes back to you and you realize it's so much better and much more interesting when you live in the real world then in a world that doesn't really exist.

Sorry, not trying to be a downer or negative and you probably don't even care about what anyone says when it comes to Edward Cullen but seriously, it's a book (well, and now a movie ;) ).

I know that it's not real, but I live in a different reality. It's more fun, this way. Sorry, don't mean to sound crazy :laughing: but I guess I am crazy.
    I am very offended and taken aback by this very rude remark and do excpect an apology.
    It's shocking because usually I don't get this kind of remark on ts. Maybe on other sites, but not here. I feel safe here.
    I am not young, and don't have an "impressionable mind" I can definitely tell reality from fake, but I don't like it when people swear, especially about Edward Cullen and Twilight.
    I'm not a crackpot, and I live in the real world most of the time. But, please, do not swear.

4. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

Let's try to keep it civil here ladies.

My SIL is taking me on a date to go see the movie this upcoming Saturday. She's seen it 4 times already. <_< I have to admit, I'm really looking forward to it. Edward is made of epic win.

5. naomi02

naomi02 Well-Known Member

Evelyn, I don't think she was truly swearing.....it sounded in fun to me. And I'm sure what was said was only out of concern & care for you.

I'm really wanting to see the movie again, but don't think I'll have time. :( On a plus side, though, a completely different sister (I have 5 sisters) called me last night.....she and her dh had just gotten out of Twilight. :D She says, "Um......do you have the books & can I borrow them?" ;) I said only if she reads them lightning fast! :)

6. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Evelyn, I don't think she was truly swearing.....it sounded in fun to me.

TS has a filter, so anything too bad will be ****'d out.

As to the discussion: Please keep in mind that not everyone is going to have the same opinion of the movies as everyone else and allow others to express their opinions.

7. Bichon999

QUOTE(naomi02 @ Nov 30 2008, 02:50 PM) [snapback]1091129[/snapback]
    Evelyn, I don't think she was truly swearing.....it sounded in fun to me. And I'm sure what was said was only out of concern & care for you.
    I'm really wanting to see the movie again, but don't think I'll have time. :( On a plus side, though, a completely different sister (I have 5 sisters) called me last night.....she and her dh had just gotten out of Twilight. :D She says, "Um......do you have the books & can I borrow them?" ;) I said only if she reads them lightning fast! :)

So, is it six of you then? We are six kids in our family, too, if so. coolz! :D
    And I just felt a little offended by her remark, that's all.

8. Bichon999

QUOTE(~* dfaut *~ @ Nov 30 2008, 03:24 PM) [snapback]1091159[/snapback]
    TS has a filter, so anything too bad will be ****'d out.
    As to the discussion: Please keep in mind that not everyone is going to have the same opinion of the movies as everyone else and allow others to express their opinions.

kk. anyways, are those your kids in your avitar thing? The little girl looks a lot like my cousin, Lucy.

9. double-or-nothing

QUOTE(naomi02 @ Nov 30 2008, 02:50 PM) [snapback]1091129[/snapback]

Naomi, I'm going to see the movie again this Friday!!!! Woooowhooo!!! My girlfriend really wants to see it. She is a huge fan of the True Blood series on HBO and she thinks she will really like this movie. She came over today with her 3 year old dd to play with my girls and I told her that the only way I would go with her was if she FIRST read the book. I told her, "I'm not kidding. If you don't read it first I'm not going with you." Her husband won't go see it with her so she's only got me ;) She's said she wasn't sure if she would be able to finish it in a week. I told her, "Trust me, you will. Once you start reading it, you can't put the thing down." Then I told her that I felt sorry for her because it's so addicting that she will be desperately trying to find time to read it because the books do that to you." She said she promises she will start reading it tonight...we'll see. Aren't I terrible?? hahahaha Actually, I think I'm doing her a service. Anyone who reads these books will feel their lives enriched in some way, IMO anyway.

10. Bichon999

QUOTE(double-or-nothing @ Nov 30 2008, 06:22 PM) [snapback]1091282[/snapback]
    Naomi, I'm going to see the movie again this Friday!!!! Woooowhooo!!! My girlfriend really wants to see it. She is a huge fan of the True Blood series on HBO and she thinks she will really like this movie. She came over today with her 3 year old dd to play with my girls and I told her that the only way I would go with her was if she FIRST read the book. I told her, "I'm not kidding. If you don't read it first I'm not going with you." Her husband won't go see it with her so she's only got me ;) She's said she wasn't sure if she would be able to finish it in a week. I told her, "Trust me, you will. Once you start reading it, you can't put the thing down." Then I told her that I felt sorry for her because it's so addicting that she will be desperately trying to find time to read it because the books do that to you." She said she promises she will start reading it tonight...we'll see. Aren't I terrible?? hahahaha Actually, I think I'm doing her a service. Anyone who reads these books will feel their lives enriched in some way, IMO anyway.

haha! she'll read it in a week. definitely.

11. naomi02

Evelyn - nope, there's actually 8 of us.....I also have 2 brothers :)

well, we're having a Partylite party tonight & I'll hand off my Twilight books to sister M, the one who just saw the movie. I laughed when she called to borrow them & said "Yay! Another convert!" :diablo:

Melanie, you have to let me know how the 2nd time around compares! Wonder how soon we can expect it on dvd???

12. 4lilmonkeys

4lilmonkeys Well-Known Member

I'm going for the fourth time tonight. I think it gets better each time, and you catch all of the things you've missed. I didn't realize until the third time that Victoria is in the background when they walk into the dance.

13. naomi02

ugh.....my new avatar is making me want to see the movie again!!!!! :cry:

14. marcy874

marcy874 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(naomi02 @ Dec 2 2008, 11:52 PM) [snapback]1094963[/snapback]
    ugh.....my new avatar is making me want to see the movie again!!!!! :cry:

Love that one Naomi! I too am dying to see it again!

15. 4kidsmomexpectingtwins

4kidsmomexpectingtwins Well-Known Member

I have to admit, I have not yet read the books or watched the movie, but my 15 year old did! She has read the books 2 times and went to the movie. As for what I have read here, she agrees with you all. She really didn't like the actress who plays Bella. She says that she is more of a Bella than that actress. She also agreed with the house not even close to what was in the book. She was disappointed in Edward's room. She said it was much smaller than it should have been. She said she did like the actor that plays Edward. She thought he did really well. (Although we are Harry Potter fans so to us he is also Cedric!) I will eventually get a chance to read the books and when the movie comes out I will watch it on DVD. I am a huge Vampire fan, so I will probably love the books. Also we are originally from Washington State, so I will be able to relate to a lot of it.. Just like DD did!

16. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

Haven't read the books but I am going to see this movie next week! I was a huge Angel and Buffy fan and always LOVED Ann Rice's novels, so I know I will love this one. :good:

17. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

QUOTE(Evelyn @ Nov 30 2008, 04:54 PM) [snapback]1091259[/snapback]
    kk. anyways, are those your kids in your avitar thing? The little girl looks a lot like my cousin, Lucy.

Yep! That was her first time in pig tails! Too cute to resist!

18. naomi02

LOL.....sister M texted me today "omg, I can't stop thinking about the books & I want to see the movie again!" :D

Melanie, where are you??

19. Bichon999

QUOTE(~* dfaut *~ @ Dec 3 2008, 10:10 PM) [snapback]1096503[/snapback]
    Yep! That was her first time in pig tails! Too cute to resist!

aww, she's adorable!

20. Bichon999

QUOTE(Sarah© @ Dec 3 2008, 08:55 PM) [snapback]1096359[/snapback]
    Haven't read the books but I am going to see this movie next week! I was a huge Angel and Buffy fan and always LOVED Ann Rice's novels, so I know I will love this one. :good:

NOO!!! u have to read the books first!!! This is true for all books made into movies. If you see the movie before you read the book, it ruins the book!!!! And it's a VERY good book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. Bichon999

QUOTE(naomi02 @ Dec 1 2008, 05:38 PM) [snapback]1092781[/snapback]
    Evelyn - nope, there's actually 8 of us.....I also have 2 brothers :)
    well, we're having a Partylite party tonight & I'll hand off my Twilight books to sister M, the one who just saw the movie. I laughed when she called to borrow them & said "Yay! Another convert!" :diablo:

Melanie, you have to let me know how the 2nd time around compares! Wonder how soon we can expect it on dvd???

lol! I can't wait untill it's on dvd!

22. Bichon999

QUOTE(luvnmybabies @ Dec 3 2008, 01:09 PM) [snapback]1095628[/snapback]
    I have to admit, I have not yet read the books or watched the movie, but my 15 year old did! She has read the books 2 times and went to the movie. As for what I have read here, she agrees with you all. She really didn't like the actress who plays Bella. She says that she is more of a Bella than that actress. She also agreed with the house not even close to what was in the book. She was disappointed in Edward's room. She said it was much smaller than it should have been. She said she did like the actor that plays Edward. She thought he did really well. (Although we are Harry Potter fans so to us he is also Cedric!) I will eventually get a chance to read the books and when the movie comes out I will watch it on DVD. I am a huge Vampire fan, so I will probably love the books. Also we are originally from Washington State, so I will be able to relate to a lot of it.. Just like DD did!

we knew him as Cedric, too, before Twilight. Anyways, Cedric and Edward are both hotties, right? ;)

23. double-or-nothing

so, it was just as great the second time around. i actually think i liked certain things better. edwards sparkling skin wasn't as corny looking to me as it was for some reason the first time.

i was a little disappointed that my girlfriend hadn't read more than a few chapters of the book i leant her last sunday but she had a really rough week with having surgery on her gums and her dd was sick all week so who can blame her. however, it was interesting to have a friend's view on the movie who hadn't read it and she LOVED the movie. she is even more eager to read the book now so i'm excited for her to enjoy it. i told her that if she loves the movie, she will love the book 20 thousand times more. she had a couple of questions to clarify certain things but other than that she really really enjoyed it so i'm happy about that.

i still can't wait for it to come on dvd so i can watch it when i want but i'm even more excited to see new moon come to life on the big screen. it will be so great (even though edward will be missing from 2/3 of the movie wwwaaaahhhhh).

i have been delaying reading the host because i have heard that it's just as addicting and romantic and beautiful as her other books. not sure i'm ready to go through that again. it's pretty intense and emotional being in her head.

24. double-or-nothing

QUOTE(luvnmybabies @ Dec 3 2008, 01:09 PM) [snapback]1095628[/snapback]

no "probably" nothing...you WILL love the books, i promise you. it will make you feel young again and remember that young love feeling. that's very cool that you are from washington. how far are you from the town of forks? (i read it is an actual town there). anyway, can't wait for you read the books. i have heard that it is quite the bonding experience for mothers and daughters to have with each other (just ask evelyn).

25. Bichon999

QUOTE(double-or-nothing @ Dec 6 2008, 06:51 PM) [snapback]1100421[/snapback]
    no "probably" nothing...you WILL love the books, i promise you. it will make you feel young again and remember that young love feeling. that's very cool that you are from washington. how far are you from the town of forks? (i read it is an actual town there). anyway, can't wait for you read the books. i have heard that it is quite the bonding experience for mothers and daughters to have with each other (just ask evelyn).

Yah, if you read my earlier quote, we respond alot better to eachother, because we have something to relate too. It's the same with me and my older sister, Danica. Monica and I already related, but anyways. YOU WILL LOVE THE BOOKS. I admit, I didn't even think that I'd like the Twilight book. Then I read it, and I was like "Holy crap, this is amazing!!!" I got obsessed. As some of you already know. And fell in love with Edward. Also as some of you already know. Hang on, that just got me thinking of Edward in a tux. mmmm. He looks amazing in a tux. Who agrees?!?!?!?!

26. naomi02

Melanie, I think you hit it......I wondered what is it about these books I love so much?? And that's it.....makes you feel young & that first love feeling again. Nothing beats it.

My entire family (except the one sis in OH) rented a cabin up in the woods this weekend for my bday & to get our Christmas trees. Sis "M" and I were sitting on the couch one night......her reading New Moon & me with Twilight. One of the guys walked in & laughed, "Boy, the Twilight aura is strong in here!" And yes, when I saw the snow outside glittering, I thought of Twilight. :) I don't know why they didn't get that affect better.......the sparkling snow was just breathtaking.

But, I got movie dollars for my bday & am thinking those will be for another Twilight outing!

27. double-or-nothing

QUOTE(naomi02 @ Dec 8 2008, 01:26 AM) [snapback]1101565[/snapback]
    Melanie, I think you hit it......I wondered what is it about these books I love so much?? And that's it.....makes you feel young & that first love feeling again. Nothing beats it.

My entire family (except the one sis in OH) rented a cabin up in the woods this weekend for my bday & to get our Christmas trees. Sis "M" and I were sitting on the couch one night......her reading New Moon & me with Twilight. One of the guys walked in & laughed, "Boy, the Twilight aura is strong in here!" And yes, when I saw the snow outside glittering, I thought of Twilight. :) I don't know why they didn't get that affect better.......the sparkling snow was just breathtaking.

But, I got movie dollars for my bday & am thinking those will be for another Twilight outing!

WOOOOOOOOOOOWHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! YEAH GIRL!!! Another Twilight outting sounds like the perfect bday gift to me. Enjoy!!! BTW,

[SIZE=24pt]HAPPY BIRTHDAY NAOMI!!![/SIZE]

28. double-or-nothing

So here is the official news that New Moon WILL be made...WOOOOOOOOOWHOOOOOOO!!!!

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1599994/story.jhtml

And...here is an interesting article about how they will not be using Hardwicke to direct it. I think she did a great job with Twilight (of course it could have been better ;) ) but I was very pleased with the way the movie turned out. However, I think it will be great if they have a more experienced director for New Moon. I just hope that they do hire someone who can pull off all that needs to be done to make New Moon great.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/936/936335p...mp;RSSid=936335

29. Bichon999

QUOTE(double-or-nothing @ Dec 9 2008, 02:45 PM) [snapback]1104102[/snapback]
    So here is the official news that New Moon WILL be made...WOOOOOOOOOWHOOOOOOO!!!!

And...here is an interesting article about how they will not be using Hardwicke to direct it. I think she did a great job with Twilight (of course it could have been better ;) ) but I was very pleased with the way the movie turned out. However, I think it will be great if they have a more experienced director for New Moon. I just hope that they do hire someone who can pull off all that needs to be done to make New Moon great.

so my sister, Danica says
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    to the making of New moon, but I'm not so sure if I want to see New Moon, considering Edward Cullen -OME, LUV HIM- Doesn't come in until the ending of it, and well, I would be balling in the movie theatre. It might embarrass everyone els

30. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

Just got back from finally seeing it and I had to post to you guys!

HOLY S---! I thought it was very well done! I can't believe I missed these books, WTH was I???? :huh: Robert Pattinson, YUM, need I say more? And now I must read the entire series! :wub: Edward! I just got the book today from a friend and will be hunkering down to read it starting tomorrow!

31. Bichon999

QUOTE(Sarah© @ Dec 10 2008, 12:42 AM) [snapback]1104893[/snapback]

HOLY S---! I thought it was very well done! I can't believe I missed these books, WTH was I???? :huh: Robert Pattinson, YUM, need I say more? And now I must read the entire series! :wub: Edward! I just got the book today from a friend and will be hunkering down to read it starting tomorrow!

Let's all have a moment of silence to appreciate the absolute yumminess of Robert Pattinson and Edward Cullen...

32. cohlee

cohlee Well-Known Member

I am going to see it again tonight with my BFF who is a boy. We have a vampire thing though, we see all vampire movies together, I really do think he'll like it even though it is not the traditional vampires.

33. Bichon999

QUOTE(cohlee @ Dec 10 2008, 07:08 AM) [snapback]1104996[/snapback]
    I am going to see it again tonight with my BFF who is a boy. We have a vampire thing though, we see all vampire movies together, I really do think he'll like it even though it is not the traditional vampires.

It's a modern twist ;)
    lol, and these vampires are sexy, so makes the story better!

34. marcy874

QUOTE(double-or-nothing @ Dec 9 2008, 01:45 PM) [snapback]1104102[/snapback]

WhooHoo!!!! Hopefully the new director does an even better job! I loved Twilight, but there were things that could have been done better, like Melanie said. I just think she didn't have the actors portray a few scenes the way I imagined them, which is always going to happen.

:birthday: Naomi!!! Hope it was a good one!

35. marcy874

QUOTE(Sarah© @ Dec 9 2008, 11:42 PM) [snapback]1104893[/snapback]

I will 2nd the YUM on Robert Pattinson!!! He's a good looking guy, but I thought he looked AMAZING in the movie!! Ohhh, I'm jealous of your 1st read of the books...you will love them!!!! I hope you don't have a busy weekend planned, because they are going to suck you in! :D