Twilight

Discussion in 'General' started by double-or-nothing, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Bichon999

Bichon999 Well-Known Member

Woohoo! I can't believe that it's actually here! I'm nearly crying. I'm just so amazed. I've hardly ever been this excited. And never in my life been this excited about a movie. But I'm freaking out! All of us girls are so excited! And I feel really close to my sisters and mom. I especially notice how close I am to Danica, because Monica and I have always been super close. But, Danica and I don't really fight, but we're in seperate worlds. But Twilight has brought us together. Because, now I can connect to Dana. And it's special to have a girls night like this, because we have so many kids, and we're always so busy in this family. So it's really nice.
    Evelyn Ariel.
    Monica Lisa
    Danica Makenzie

and our mother, Lia Marie.

these are the girls on our girls night. I'm Evelyn, btw.
    Gena's left out, and she's the only girl not going so she's upset, but my mom just thinks she's too young.
    Poor Gena, but what can you do?

2. Bichon999

This post is in honor of the only girl not seeing the Twilight movie.

Genevieve Caelin Meriah

3. Katiebelle

Katiebelle Well-Known Member

I went.

I saw.

I loved!

Spoiler!
    Robert Pattinson played Edward so tortured! It was sad and charming and endearing. I missed not seeing the Cullens developed more, but I understand the time restraints of the movie. It was funny and sweet, although I think I liked it more because I've read the book and understood the emotions behind the actions. I wasn't terribly impressed with the special effects, but that is forgivable. Two thumbs up from me!

4. 2girls2boys

2girls2boys Well-Known Member

I saw it tonight and loved it. I am more obsessed now. I am IN LOVE with Edward even more if thats possible. I have to admit, I pictured Edward during DTD - I need help - I have OCD - Obsessive Cullen Disorder. :wacko: :crazy: I don't even care!!

5. naomi02

naomi02 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(double-or-nothing @ Nov 22 2008, 01:09 AM) [snapback]1081515[/snapback]
    As for the reading material, I think you will be safe with either The Host or some sort of magazine with one of the actors from Twilight on the cover :lol:

well, I was planning on maybe finishing my Nora Roberts book......but maybe I'll have to slip it inside Twilight so nobody can tell! ;)

ok, fess up.....who else was thinking of wearing a blue sweater????? I don't have one, but I'd be tempted! :)

And Evelyn, I think it's so sweet you & your sis have found something in common. And that rocks your mom is taking you; she's cool! Don't even dare not sit by her!! :)

6. Bichon999

QUOTE(naomi02 @ Nov 22 2008, 02:35 AM) [snapback]1081874[/snapback]
    well, I was planning on maybe finishing my Nora Roberts book......but maybe I'll have to slip it inside Twilight so nobody can tell! ;)

ok, fess up.....who else was thinking of wearing a blue sweater????? I don't have one, but I'd be tempted! :)
    And Evelyn, I think it's so sweet you & your sis have found something in common. And that rocks your mom is taking you; she's cool! Don't even dare not sit by her!! :)

i am wearing a blue sweater, lol.
    we're getting there 30 minutes early just to sit together. otherwise we'd never be able to get okay seats
    my mom's read the books, too, so she wanted to see the movie almost as much as Dana, Mona and I did. lol
    we can't stop talking about Edward Cullen!

7. Bichon999

QUOTE(2girls2boys @ Nov 22 2008, 12:44 AM) [snapback]1081847[/snapback]
    I saw it tonight and loved it. I am more obsessed now. I am IN LOVE with Edward even more if thats possible. I have to admit, I pictured Edward during DTD - I need help - I have OCD - Obsessive Cullen Disorder. :wacko: :crazy: I don't even care!!

I have obsessive Cullen Disorder, too.
    You can just ask my sisters. My five year old sweet, patient brother finally had it with me and said "Stop it, Evelyn! I've had it with Edward Cullen!"
    So not like him, but how much of it can someone take?
    poor Jacko. We don't talk about anything else.

8. naomi02

aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww, I just got home from the movie!! Mostly loved it, but a few things bugged me. Carlisle's hair was driving me up the wall......it was awful. And I don't want to spoil it, but another major thing was bugging me.......so tell me when everyone's seen it! Mostly loved it, though.

You know MTV has some kind of award & one of the categories is "hottest kiss" or something like that? I can think of a few nominations from Twilight! :blush:

9. Bichon999

QUOTE(naomi02 @ Nov 22 2008, 06:11 PM) [snapback]1082512[/snapback]
    aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww, I just got home from the movie!! Mostly loved it, but a few things bugged me. Carlisle's hair was driving me up the wall......it was awful. And I don't want to spoil it, but another major thing was bugging me.......so tell me when everyone's seen it! Mostly loved it, though.

You know MTV has some kind of award & one of the categories is "hottest kiss" or something like that? I can think of a few nominations from Twilight! :blush:

cant wait to see it tonight!!! all of us girls are in shock. It's finally here!!! I'm so excited, I'm freaking out! Mona and dana and I have been talking about it like crazy. we've been talking about it like crazy for weeks. We didn't think we could talk about it more until today.
    Jacko is walking around with his hands over his ears. I dont think he likes Twilight. lol :FIFblush: - this thingy reminds me of vampires, so i naturally had to post it. Gena's having a slumber party. Mom decided to let her invite a couple friends for a sleepover so that she wouldn't feel left out. poor dad, he'll be alone with a bunch of seven and eight year olds. Well, he'll have Dakota, but DK's not much of a helper. And Jacko's only five, so he doesn't help much.

10. natmarie

natmarie Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Katiebelle @ Nov 21 2008, 04:24 PM) [snapback]1081350[/snapback]
    My hot date is with DH, for sure! Robert Pattinson is attractive, but I don't think he'd be as good to my kids as DH is. ;)
    Hey, this gal was just named the World's Sexiest Woman. Of course, the minute I saw her I thought, "Hey, she'd be a good Rosalie!"

I agree! She fits in my mind of how Rosalie should work.

QUOTE(naomi02 @ Nov 22 2008, 01:35 AM) [snapback]1081874[/snapback]

Why the Blue Sweater?

[SIZE=24pt]Also, NEWSFLASH, on Stephenie Meyer's website they mentioned that Summit studios have already decided to go on a start filming New Moon. [/SIZE]I am so excited. I saw the movie tonight with some friends and really enjoyed it. I think that you need to read the book so that you can "get" some of the things in the book. It makes me think that the critics who gave the bad reviews are first, men and second have not read the book.

11. Bichon999

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SQUEEL!!!
    I JUST SAW THE MOVIE, OF TWILIGHT, AND IF ITS POSSIBLE THEN IM EVEN MORE IN LOVE WITH EDWARD CULLEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    it was really acurate, except that they skipped the scene where they kiss and she faints, and when they test the blood types, and the line when she talked in her sleep, and other stuff, but i suppose they can't put everything.
    But, yah, when Edward was first shown, everyone screamed including me. I almost threw popcorn at Jacob, but I restrained myself. It was tuff.
    Anyway, Edward was perfect. I LOVE YOU, EDWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sorry... so anyways, it was incredible. we all went "AAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" when Bella and Edward kissed, and other lines, but yah it was just amazing. EDWARDCULLEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but, you know, im not obsessed or anything..-clears throat-

EDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLENEDWARDCULLEN

12. naomi02

[SIZE=24pt]YES!!!!!![/SIZE]

I'm SO excited they're doing the next one! Hopefully it doesn't take too long, but I also hope they have a bigger budget next time. A few scenes did seem choppy.

LOVED the movie, but here's what bothered me:

They totally messed up the 1st kiss!!! They didn't do the meadow scene justice & to me, it was an important part.

I loved how Bella was always getting dizzy & forgetting to breathe around Edward and they didn't put any of that in.

To me the whole flight from James was rushed.

Mostly petty stuff....still loved it overall. Absolutely loved Charlie; he was adorable. I think I liked him more in the movie. And am I crazy, or did S.M. do a little cameo in the diner?????

Gotta run.......dd doesn't feel well. :( btw, Evelyn, she loves your avatar! :)

13. shelley79

shelley79 Well-Known Member

I'm joining this discussion late, but better late than never. It is absolutely ridiculous for a married woman my age with 5 kids to be as obsessed with a character as I am. Anyone else like REALLY want to be a vampire now? I waited in line for 4 hours to see the midnight showing, 8 days after major surgery, and I would do it again tonight!!! I wasn't crazy about RP as Edward, he was so much more perfect in my head. But after seeing the movie, I know that he is the PERFECT Edward. His facial expressions and demeanor were driving me mad! :girl_devil: The part where he has the sunglasses on?! And the little way that he sucks in his cheeks!? Naughty naughty! I will definitely be seeing it in the theater as many times as I can before it is released.

I LOVE EDWARD!!! I WANNA BE EDWARD'S BELLA!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

14. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

[SIZE=24pt]*****SPOILERS*****[/SIZE]

If you haven't seen the movie, you may not want to read this yet...

Ok, this movie totally rocked. Soooooooooooooooo much better than I expected. I went in with low expectations expecting it to be a fairly descent movie. I didn't want to walk in thinking it would be the best movie in the world because then I would be disappointed.

I have to say, I was very pleasantly surprised at how well done it was. I was mostly impressed with many of the scenes. I loved how they had Bella's narration through the movie. Of course in the book, when you are reading certain scenes, they seem to last an eternity and on the big screen they were over in minutes. I actually thought the meadow scene was very beautiful. Definately not like the book but the scenery was just gorgeous, truly breath taking. I thought Burke's performance was great. I enjoyed every scene he was in. I thought the relationship between him and Bella was a little too devoid of emotion than I remember in the book but I felt a little better after the scene in the police station. Alice was FANTASTIC. I love love love her. Jasper looked a bit freaky during the scene when Bella goes to their house but he looked cool in the baseball scene which was GREAT!!! Rosalie was ok, Emmette was adorable and the friends at school I thought did a great job. Jacob was good, but I didn't think he was great. I look forward to seeing him in the second movie so that he really has a chance to shine. I thought for the most part Kristen did a really great great job playing Bella and RP, well, he was a hit and miss with me. There were times when his portrayal of Edward were a little off to me and then times when he was dead on. Esme was not as beautiful as I pictured her in the book but I thought she portrayed the character well. Carlile I thought was great but agree about the hair. They over did the color and it made him look weird. I could also see that they slapped a LOT of white foundation on him. The sparkle scene kind of sucked to me but I had a feeling they would not be able to pull off the beauty of it fromt he books. The fight scene was GREAT. I loved the scene where Edward is sucking the poison and Bella is dying there on the floor. The hospital scene was great too but very upsetting to watch when he was telling her she should leave. I started to feel the saddness that I felt in the book. The thought of him leaving her is torturous and I thought they displayed that scene well. I love the way they set up the movie for a possible sequel and am very very happy that they are making New Moon. There was so much that I enjoyed in the movie I can't name it all but I will say that I don't think any twilight fan will walk out pissed or upset or not liking the movie. It was really well done.

I'm psyched!!! I will probably be going to see it again in the theaters. My girlfriend's husband does not want to see it and she has no one else. My dh loved it!

15. Katiebelle

[SIZE=24pt]Spoilers![/SIZE]

Here's my full review, since we've started spoilers. I blogged this on Friday night.

I'm sitting here basking in the afterglow that is the Twilight movie. Josh took me on a hot date for our anniversary, and I gotta tell you---I loved it. I stood in line this morning for 40 minutes in temperatures that were hovering around 40 degrees to get tickets for tonight's showing, and then Josh and I stood in line for another 25 minutes to get into the theater to wait for an hour for the actual movie, but it was worth it! I went in having learned the hard lesson from Breaking Dawn not to expect too much, but I really wanted to like it. Robert Pattinson played Edward so tortured---Edward's pain was palpable. Kristin Stewart played Bella really relatable. Charlie was freakin' hilarious---Billy Burke has awesome comedic timing. The minor characters that were the kids from the high school were tons of fun (especially Mike and Jessica). The dialog was really funny in some parts. I missed not having Edward and Bella's relationship a little more defined---the movie skimmed it a bit, but I understand the time restraints. I also missed the character development of the rest of the Cullens---that was also pretty light. The special effects were not good, but overall, I liked the movie very much. It stayed true to the book, for which I was very glad. It was unintentionally funny (when Edward gets his first whiff of Bella in biology!) and cheesy in parts, but overall it was charming and sweet and funny. I don't think I would have liked it as much if I hadn't read the books and really understood the emotions behind the actions. I wouldn't be adverse to seeing it again in the theater, which I've never done, so I think that tells how much I liked it.

Natalie, I think you're right about the critics being mostly men who haven't read the book. That makes sense to me. And for what it's worth, Josh liked the movie. He said it was the best movie adaptation of a book he's ever seen.

16. cohlee

cohlee Well-Known Member

I saw it yesterday and thought it was great, the dialogue, the casting (except Rosalie), the adaptation from the book, the whole thing was very well done. I didnt think Kristen Stewart was going to be a good Bella from the previews but she was perfect. I was thoroughly impressed. My favorite character was definitely Charlie, he could not have been any more perfect! And I loved loved loved James! He was just evil enough.

I am unsure how I feel about New Moon being a movie, I think it would be better if they merged it with Eclipse. Watching 2hrs of Bella the Zombie tinkering with motorcycles in Jacob's garage might be painful to watch. It was my least favorite book. If the merged to 2, they could center it on Victoria and cut out good chunks of 'filler'. JMO!

17. double-or-nothing

QUOTE(cohlee @ Nov 24 2008, 07:01 AM) [snapback]1084135[/snapback]
    I saw it yesterday and thought it was great, the dialogue, the casting (except Rosalie), the adaptation from the book, the whole thing was very well done. I didnt think Kristen Stewart was going to be a good Bella from the previews but she was perfect. I was thoroughly impressed. My favorite character was definitely Charlie, he could not have been any more perfect! And I loved loved loved James! He was just evil enough.

I am unsure how I feel about New Moon being a movie, I think it would be better if they merged it with Eclipse. Watching 2hrs of Bella the Zombie tinkering with motorcycles in Jacob's garage might be painful to watch. It was my least favorite book. If the merged to 2, they could center it on Victoria and cut out good chunks of 'filler'. JMO!

So funny you say that because I'm actually looking forward to seeing a lot of the stuff that happens in book two. I look forward to seeing her heartbreak and then how the relationship between Bella and Jacob develops, the motorcycle scene, the scene where jacob stops seeing Bella because he's become a werewolf, the scene when she finds out, the relationship between the other werewolves, when Bella is hearing Edward's voice, when she jumps off the cliff, and most of all, the entire scene when Bella and Alice go to rescue Edward and they are reunited. There is way too much good stuff in book 3 for them to merge that with 2. I would hate to get gipped of all the good stuff in that book.

18. OneBoyOneGirl

OneBoyOneGirl Well-Known Member

I havent read the books or seen the movie but I saw a preview. Could someone tell me real quick why these vampires can go out in the sun?

19. 2girls2boys

2girls2boys Well-Known Member

My daughters went again so we are all just basking in the glow which is TWILIGHT> I feel so silly having this 'crush' on this book/movie at my age, but I guess it could be worse right.

My dh reminded me that his middle name is Edward so I think I love him just a little more because of that :blush:

I agree with you guys about Charlie, loved his part, also agree about Carlisles make-up and hair...hopefully they do something about that for the next movie.

I absolutely loved the sparkle scene, and when RP has his shades on :cool: .......SQUEAL!!!

20. shelley79

QUOTE(double-or-nothing @ Nov 24 2008, 01:17 PM) [snapback]1084196[/snapback]
    So funny you say that because I'm actually looking forward to seeing a lot of the stuff that happens in book two. I look forward to seeing her heartbreak and then how the relationship between Bella and Jacob develops, the motorcycle scene, the scene where jacob stops seeing Bella because he's become a werewolf, the scene when she finds out, the relationship between the other werewolves, when Bella is hearing Edward's voice, when she jumps off the cliff, and most of all, the entire scene when Bella and Alice go to rescue Edward and they are reunited. There is way too much good stuff in book 3 for them to merge that with 2. I would hate to get gipped of all the good stuff in that book.

I agree 100%! It's going to be torture waiting for the other movies!

21. marcy874

marcy874 Well-Known Member

Ok, here's my "expert" review :p :

Overall, I LOVED it! I also, liked the narration they had Bella do, I think it was necessary for the film adaptation. The only thing I wish in the begining part is that they had maybe had her narrate her thoughts a little more on her obsession with him. Maybe it was just me, because no one else in my group seemed to think so, but I thought some of the begnning scenes when they had the love/hate relationship should have been narrated/explained a little more. While as Twilighters, we understood everything and all the non-verbal stuff, but I'm not sure if someone who hadn't read the books would really get it. I did think there were a few corny scenes and I thought her high school friends were a little over the top, but maybe I'm just been out of high school too long! :D We thought they may have been trying to show how different Bella was from them, since her mom always said she was 'mature beyond her years'.

I thought RP was AMAZING and INCREDIBELY SEXY!!!! :wub: I could go see it again just so I could stare at him for another 2 hours. I loved Charlie and I thought they hit his relationship with Bella perfectly. In the books, I always got that they loved each other deeply, but they neither one really liked to talk too much and they neither one liked to be in the spotlight or dance. ;) The meadow/forest scenes were probably my favorite. While not how it happened in the book, I thought the 1st kiss was very hot. I liked all of the Cullens, especially Emmett and Alice. Yes, Carlisle's hair was horrible and Jasper was kind of odd, very hot in the baseball scene though, which I LOVED!!!! I thought they did an awesome job on it. The chase/fight scene did seem a little rushed, but they had a lot to pack in in 2 hours. The actual fight part was very cool. I thought Kristen did an amazing job writhing in pain from the venom. The flashbacks Edward had when while trying to suck the venom out was a nice touch too. The prom dance scene was very sweet and romantic.

I can't wait for New Moon!!!

22. Katiebelle

QUOTE(OneBoyOneGirl @ Nov 24 2008, 06:19 AM) [snapback]1084202[/snapback]
    I havent read the books or seen the movie but I saw a preview. Could someone tell me real quick why these vampires can go out in the sun?

They sparkle in the sun---it doesn't hurt them, but it does reveal them as unhuman. So while they physically can go out in the sun, they don't do it around people.

23. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Did anyone see twilight with their DH? I'm thinking of going with my DH next weekend. He didn't like when I said I would go with BIL's girlfriend and leave DH and BIL home with the girls. My sister didn't seem to think my DH would enjoy it. She saw it this weekend and liked it didn't love it. She lives 4 hours away so I couldn't see it with her.

24. double-or-nothing

QUOTE(OneBoyOneGirl @ Nov 24 2008, 08:19 AM) [snapback]1084202[/snapback]

Because Stephanie Meyer's vampires (the author of the books) are very different and don't follow the "traditional" vampire rules. They can go in sunlight (though as pp said, they don't because their skin sparkles like a million diamonds and they be known), they don't ever sleep, they aren't affected by garlic and don't die from a wooden stake in the heart. It takes a lot more than that to kill Stephanie's vampires.

QUOTE(ljcrochet @ Nov 24 2008, 01:16 PM) [snapback]1084743[/snapback]
    Did anyone see twilight with their DH? I'm thinking of going with my DH next weekend. He didn't like when I said I would go with BIL's girlfriend and leave DH and BIL home with the girls. My sister didn't seem to think my DH would enjoy it. She saw it this weekend and liked it didn't love it. She lives 4 hours away so I couldn't see it with her.

Yes, saw it with dh and...HE LOVED IT!!! He said it's in his top 30 favorite movies and that saying a lot. But, he has always been into the whole vampire story kind of thing. His favorite show right now is True Blood. I was happy he enjoyed it because I think he understands even more why I love the stories.

25. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(double-or-nothing @ Nov 24 2008, 06:28 PM) [snapback]1085294[/snapback]
    Yes, saw it with dh and...HE LOVED IT!!! He said it's in his top 30 favorite movies and that saying a lot. But, he has always been into the whole vampire story kind of thing. His favorite show right now is True Blood. I was happy he enjoyed it because I think he understands even more why I love the stories.

That is good to know. My dh loves true blood. I was reading the book and could not figure out why there was 2 bookmarks. Turns out DH was reading it. He didn't get to finsih it before i had to return it though.

26. Bichon999

QUOTE(shelley79 @ Nov 23 2008, 12:08 PM) [snapback]1083213[/snapback]
    I'm joining this discussion late, but better late than never. It is absolutely ridiculous for a married woman my age with 5 kids to be as obsessed with a character as I am. Anyone else like REALLY want to be a vampire now? I waited in line for 4 hours to see the midnight showing, 8 days after major surgery, and I would do it again tonight!!! I wasn't crazy about RP as Edward, he was so much more perfect in my head. But after seeing the movie, I know that he is the PERFECT Edward. His facial expressions and demeanor were driving me mad! :girl_devil: The part where he has the sunglasses on?! And the little way that he sucks in his cheeks!? Naughty naughty! I will definitely be seeing it in the theater as many times as I can before it is released.

I LOVE EDWARD!!! I WANNA BE EDWARD'S BELLA!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

BACK OFF, HE'S MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    excuse my protective outburst...Sry, I really do like you it's just...I get a little...obsessed, overprotective of a fictional character.
    I JUST REMEMBERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I SAW TWO CULLEN CARS TODAY, EDWARD'S VOLVO DRIVING VERY FAST WHICH I WOULD HAVE FOLLOWED HAD I BEEN DRIVING, AND ALICE'S CAR, TOO!
    a little too obsessed? srry. And today I can't believe tht I actually accidentally said that my name was Bella and I lived in Forks. Didn't even notice until they asked what I was doing here in California. Then I was like "whoops" :eek: :blush:

27. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(ljcrochet @ Nov 24 2008, 01:16 PM) [snapback]1084743[/snapback]

I saw Twilight with my DH. He did not read the books so he didn't know much about the movie. We both were like your sister, we liked it but we didn't love it. I think my expectations were too high for this movie. The casting was great though. I have to say that Charlie and Billy were my favorite parts. The actor who played Charlie was spot on. All of the actors were good, I just wish that the Cullens backstory was shown more. DH could not tell the difference between Alice, Rosalie, Esme, Emmett and Jasper. He thought they were there to give Edward friends :)

28. naomi02

I talked to my sis (the Twilight obsessor) and she's seen it twice already; said she really enjoyed it a lot more the 2nd time b/c she wasn't worried about what her expectations were going to be.

The meadow scene was beautiful.....it just didn't match what was in my head. LOVED the scene when they're up in that tree & the world is just circling around them.

I thought it was interesting, too, how it wasn't meant to be funny but some spots really were. Edward's 1st reaction to Bella got a lot of laughs in our theater.....although the gagging part bugged me. I wish they would've played more into his mind reading......several scenes you knew he was listening to someone & laughing about it, but you didn't know what they were saying!

And OH YEAH the sunglasses were HOT!!! :girl_devil: **YOW**

OK, I gotta go see it again already.

29. 4lilmonkeys

4lilmonkeys Well-Known Member

I saw it Saturday and Sunday, and now I'm going again tonight! :lol:
    I liked it. It followed the book perfectly and really, the casting was exactly what I pictured. The only thing that really annoyed me was Jasper's expression through the whole movie even though I know why he looked that way. I don't like Jacob, but the actor is adorable! Loved him! All in all, it's definitely something that I'll have to own. :)\

I don't know if anyone caught this or not (didn't read the entire thread), but in one of the diner scenes, the waitress hands a plate to a woman sitting at the bar on her laptop. It's the author! I'm so dense...I didn't even notice until the second time I saw it.

30. marcy874

marcy874 Well-Known Member

I'm jealous, I'd love to see it again, but don't know when I'll get to. I'll have to ship the kids off to my parents or something. :lol:

31. shelley79

I saw it again last night. That's twice in 4 days! I really wanted to go again tonight, but DH said no. I think he's a little jealous of Edward. :rolleyes:

32. naomi02

I wonder why they didn't explain Jasper's gift???

33. Bichon999

QUOTE(shelley79 @ Nov 25 2008, 10:41 PM) [snapback]1087076[/snapback]
    I saw it again last night. That's twice in 4 days! I really wanted to go again tonight, but DH said no. I think he's a little jealous of Edward. :rolleyes:

That's quite possible. Edward IS gorgeous, perfect, strong, fast, polite, loving, etc. need i say more?
    OME, life's so not fair. I want you, Edward Cullen.

34. double-or-nothing

QUOTE(naomi02 @ Nov 26 2008, 11:21 AM) [snapback]1087579[/snapback]
    I wonder why they didn't explain Jasper's gift???

Good question :huh:

I look forward to seeing the scene in New Moon when Jasper attacks Bella at the birthday party. Of course, it depresses me just to think about what happens as a result of that incident :cry: I already forsee myself crying hysterically in the theater when he leaves her and again when they are re-united. Damn Edward for leaving her!!!! :angry:

:D

35. Bichon999

QUOTE(double-or-nothing @ Nov 28 2008, 07:45 AM) [snapback]1089072[/snapback]
    Good question :huh:

I look forward to seeing the scene in New Moon when Jasper attacks Bella at the birthday party. Of course, it depresses me just to think about what happens as a result of that incident :cry: I already forsee myself crying hysterically in the theater when he leaves her and again when they are re-united. Damn Edward for leaving her!!!! :angry:

:D

NOT ANOTHER HARSH WORD ABOUT EDWARD CULLEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    now, let's not be irrational. we all know why edward left, and it was for her own sake. I'm about to explode here, so one more mean thing about my Edward might just bring me overboard here...
    I'm in histerics over one angry sign. This is why when it comes to Edward Cullen, I'll turn to a tiger in his defense. Everyone knows it. I'm sorry for my little outburst, but I'm obsessed. And in love. Is it pathetic.
    I'll be bawling when this certain part happens, and wailing every time Jacob smiles, and Bella smiles in his presence, and squeeling when he comes back. Everyone will probably stare at me. I'll cheer, and cry and yah. Everyone will think that I'm an idiot.