Twilight

Discussion in 'General' started by double-or-nothing, Nov 5, 2008.

1. marcy874

marcy874 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Katiebelle @ Nov 15 2008, 01:05 PM) [snapback]1071780[/snapback]
    I found a funny spoof of what the dialog in the movie might be like here.

I found those the other day, they are hilarious!

My favorites:

EDWARD: (Laughs) Did you just see that? I sprinted to the end of these mossy rocks and back in less time than you took to say badonkadonk.

BELLA: Kiss me unchastely, you sexy beast.

EDWARD: Let's do your chemistry first, and then we shall go for a ride in my Volvo.

EDWARD: Shh, love. Don't talk. Let me carry you on my back as though you were either a toddler or a sack of potatoes. Then we will ride in my Volvo and not engage in any carnal activities whatsoever.

2. MommyMelissa

MommyMelissa Well-Known Member

I love everything Twilight. The only people I didn't "picture" for the film are the high school kids, everyone else is really close to what I thought they would be.

I'm going to a Twilight Movie Event on Saturday morning with goody bags and door prizes, I can't WAIT!!! There are six of us here at school who are going together, and I cannot WAAAAAAAAIT!!!

3. naomi02

naomi02 Well-Known Member

The way I figure, they're doing an early midnight showing so you know it'll do good. The only ones I remember around here that've done that were some of the HP movies, Star Wars & I think Lord of the Rings......all mega movies.

4. Bichon999

Bichon999 Well-Known Member

Twilight will DEFINITELY be a mega movie. It's translated into 14 languages. The whole Seattle ordeal. The fact that I don't know anyone who isn't going to see it except boys, however including moms.

5. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

OMG Ladies!!! We are getting close!!!! AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH I'm quite excited. I haven't been this excited about a movie since The Return of the King! (Ok, and the last HP film but I think that was only because it was the first movie I had been to since I was 8 months pg with the girls :lol: )

I know it sounds crazy but I think I'm more anxious to get the dvd already. Guess there's no chance it will come out for xmas. That the sucky thing about movies that come out around Thanksgiving. <_< I can't wait to be able to watch it in the comforts of my own home, all cuddled up in my pjs and covered with my blanket. Lights out, and NO NOISE FROM ANYONE!!! I so dread the possibility of what the theater will be like :( It could very well ruin the experience for me.

How's everyone else holding up?

Evelyn, I think we know you must be going crazy out of your mind with excitement.

6. marcy874

I'm sooo excited as well!!! I'm slightly distracted this week from the movie excitement though, because the girls birthday party is Sun., so I'm trying to get everything ready for that too. I also can't wait for the DVD, I'm sure it will get watched a lot when the girls are napping and DH is working! :D

My moms club is having our Twilight book club Friday morning, so Friday will be TWILIGHT DAY for me!!!!

I just finished re-reading Eclipse last night and, of course, I had to start on Breaking Dawn again right away.

Typing this has got me all pumped up - whoohoo - 3 MORE DAYS!!! :banana: :banana: :laughing: :yahoo:

7. Katiebelle

Katiebelle Well-Known Member

I'm a little afraid of what the theater will be like too. I'm not interested in not being able to hear the dialog because of all the screaming, but I'm too impatient to wait a week to go see it. Oh, well.

I haven't reread the books since BD came out because I don't want to compare them to the movie too closely the first time I see it. I'm prepared for the movie to not match up exactly, but I do hope it's close to the book.

8. Bichon999

QUOTE(Katiebelle @ Nov 18 2008, 09:58 AM) [snapback]1075202[/snapback]
    I'm a little afraid of what the theater will be like too. I'm not interested in not being able to hear the dialog because of all the screaming, but I'm too impatient to wait a week to go see it. Oh, well.

I haven't reread the books since BD came out because I don't want to compare them to the movie too closely the first time I see it. I'm prepared for the movie to not match up exactly, but I do hope it's close to the book.

I know what you mean, but it's too late for me...I've already read it seven times.
    I'll be all
    "What?!?!?! You can't skip that scene!!!!!"

9. marcy874

SOMEWHAT MOVIE SPOILERS, if you haven't seen all the trailers and online clips. ;)

In interviews they've said they stayed pretty true to the book, but some scenes don't happen in the same location as in the book. Such as, the reveal in the book is in the car, but its in the meadow in the movie. The director said so much stuff happens in the same places in the book, that they had to change it up a little in the movie so that it wasn't to dull visually. The blood typing class isn't in the movie because she already had 2 biology scenes in the movie and thought it would be overkill to do another one. So, things like that will be different.

10. double-or-nothing

Yea, I saw all those interviews. It's going to be great. Even with the changes, the story is just amazing and Catherine is a big fan of the books as well so I'm sure she wanted to do it as much justice as possible.

There are going to be some other great, crucial scenes that I'm excited to see come to life, including the scene where Bella is almost attacked in Port Angeles.

11. Bichon999

I really hope that they get everything about Edward Cullen perfect.
    If Edward was perfect, and everything else sucked, I'd still be happy! :D

12. 2girls2boys

2girls2boys Well-Known Member

I have 3 tickets to the 7:30 show on Friday night. Usually prime time for teenagers. What have I done?!?

I am excited though because it is me and my 2 girls - we have all read the book - and I can't wait to see Edward that big! :cool:

13. Bichon999

QUOTE(2girls2boys @ Nov 19 2008, 02:17 PM) [snapback]1077402[/snapback]
    I have 3 tickets to the 7:30 show on Friday night. Usually prime time for teenagers. What have I done?!?

I am excited though because it is me and my 2 girls - we have all read the book - and I can't wait to see Edward that big! :cool:

I's like to see Edward Cullen, myself :cool: :bow2:

14. double-or-nothing

Holy Crap ladies!!! This is it!!

So, who has tickets for tonights mid-night showing? Anyone? I'm so excited. I have been seeing more commercials but it's funny how those 30 second trailers do the movie no justice. If I hadn't read the books, I'm not sure what I would think of them because in the books, you fall in love with the characters so much (especially a few in particular ;) ) but if you are just seeing the quick trailer, I don't know how people may perceive it. Anyway, who cares about THEM, right?

I'm recording RP on the CBS morning show. Not sure what part of the show he'll be on and it's 3 or 4 hours long so I will go through it later. I'm interested see what he is saying before opening night. Of course, I'm also wondering if they will show a different clip.

Just make sure please please pelase that if you see the show before anyone else here that you don't spill too much. I'd hate to come in here and read that someone thought it sucked. It would kill the experience for me and be a buzz kill. I'd rather draw my own conclusions. Of course if you thought it rocked, feel free to say so :laughing:

15. dollymomma

dollymomma Well-Known Member

I just looked to see when they start playing here, and they have a 10pm showing in several theaters... However, I'm kind of disappointed to see it's only 92 minutes long! We're getting cheated!

16. double-or-nothing

QUOTE(dollymomma @ Nov 20 2008, 10:29 AM) [snapback]1078857[/snapback]
    I just looked to see when they start playing here, and they have a 10pm showing in several theaters... However, I'm kind of disappointed to see it's only 92 minutes long! We're getting cheated!

Hey Dolly,

Not sure what your source is but the movie is 120 minutes (I'm positive). Even with 120 minutes, we will still be cheated but that's the world of cinema for you. I had wished it could be as long as the HP movies but they had a very limited budget to work with so I'll take what I get. I'm just psyched that they made it into a movie at all.

I can't imagine the movie not making over 150 million dollars so...movies 2 and 3 BRING IT ON!!!! Wooooowhoooo!!! I'm actually excited to see New Moon made into a film. Even though Edward Cullen isn't in much of it, I'm anxious to see the relationship between Bella and Jacob develop on the big screen and of course to see the whole scene when Bella goes with Alice to rescue Edward in Italy and their reunion. It will be amazing!!!

17. Bichon999

QUOTE(double-or-nothing @ Nov 20 2008, 10:55 AM) [snapback]1078911[/snapback]
    Hey Dolly,

Not sure what your source is but the movie is 120 minutes (I'm positive). Even with 120 minutes, we will still be cheated but that's the world of cinema for you. I had wished it could be as long as the HP movies but they had a very limited budget to work with so I'll take what I get. I'm just psyched that they made it into a movie at all.

I can't imagine the movie not making over 150 million dollars so...movies 2 and 3 BRING IT ON!!!! Wooooowhoooo!!! I'm actually excited to see New Moon made into a film. Even though Edward Cullen isn't in much of it, I'm anxious to see the relationship between Bella and Jacob develop on the big screen and of course to see the whole scene when Bella goes with Alice to rescue Edward in Italy and their reunion. It will be amazing!!!

i'll see the second one just for the ending. I'm not interested in the development of stupid jacob. And, in the beginning, I'll be sobbing my heart out! Then I'll cry again when Edward comes back, but in a good way.

18. Bichon999

I love you, Edward!
    :wub:
    <3
    so, I don't have tickets for tonight, but I'm seeing it on sunday!

19. dollymomma

dollymomma Well-Known Member

QUOTE(double-or-nothing @ Nov 20 2008, 07:55 AM) [snapback]1078911[/snapback]
    Hey Dolly,

Okay, I stand corrected (I'm glad to admit)... I just assumed that the title Twilight was the only one out there, but apparently, there is another movie with the same title??? I just scrolled down the page to see when it was playing, and didn't look at the description...

20. Katiebelle

The only way I'd go to a midnight showing of this movie was if Alli was old enough to be into the books and was pumped about the movie. I'm kind of bummed that she's only seven. I think this would make a fun mother/daughter date. Josh and I are going tomorrow night---our theater is starting presales at 8:00 tomorrow morning, so I'm going to head over and pick up our tickets.

21. Bichon999

it's a shame she's not old enough.
    But you can still go.
    But if you havent already, READ THE BOOK FIRST!!!! The book is incredible, and if you read it after you see the movie, it will ruin everything!!!
    And if you think you don't have time to, well I read it the first time in three days, and it was between school hours!!!

22. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

My BFF and her sister and I all have our tickets for 7pm tomorrow night. It's a total girl's night out with dinner and drinks after! I'm so excited!

23. Bichon999

QUOTE(gina_leigh @ Nov 20 2008, 07:53 PM) [snapback]1079843[/snapback]
    My BFF and her sister and I all have our tickets for 7pm tomorrow night. It's a total girl's night out with dinner and drinks after! I'm so excited!

that sounds fun! We're having a girls night, too. Mona, Dana, my mom, and I. Gena's fussing because she can't come, but it's not really for her, she just turned eight. she just wants to go because her big sisters are :rolleyes: . You know how little sisters are! oh, well.

24. cohlee

cohlee Well-Known Member

I just got my tickets, for Sunday with my mother! :yahoo:

25. 2girls2boys

QUOTE(Katiebelle @ Nov 20 2008, 08:05 PM) [snapback]1079439[/snapback]
    The only way I'd go to a midnight showing of this movie was if Alli was old enough to be into the books and was pumped about the movie. I'm kind of bummed that she's only seven. I think this would make a fun mother/daughter date. Josh and I are going tomorrow night---our theater is starting presales at 8:00 tomorrow morning, so I'm going to head over and pick up our tickets.

I am taking my daughters tonight, I am a little more excited about the 3 of us doing this together than actually seeing the movie. ( well its a toss up)

Anyway, my neighbor, the one who got me into this whole thing, has seen it twice already, she was invited to a sneak preview on Wednesday and went last night to the midnight shows. She said it was crazy!

She said the movie has stayed very true to the book but its a little choppy, due to time and budget, but she LOVED it.

I cannot wait.

RP is on Ellen right now, gotta go!

26. Bichon999

I just read this interview with Robert Pattinson. It's pretty funny.
    he says something like this:
    "The fans will say "Can I kiss you"
    And I will say "no"
    And they'll do it anyways, but what can you do?"

sounds like something I would do :D :blush:

27. 2girls2boys

QUOTE(Evelyn @ Nov 21 2008, 04:09 PM) [snapback]1080738[/snapback]
    I just read this interview with Robert Pattinson. It's pretty funny.
    he says something like this:
    "The fans will say "Can I kiss you"
    And I will say "no"
    And they'll do it anyways, but what can you do?"

sounds like something I would do :D :blush:

I want to rip his clothes off when I hear him talk "normal" with his english accent. Sorry :girl_devil:

28. PumpkinPies

PumpkinPies Well-Known Member

For those of you disappointed in Rosalie, what do you think of the one pictured to the left?
    <-- How's that for a gorgeous Rosalie?!

In all seriousness, I can't wait to hear how they pronounce her name in the movie and I'm hoping it's the right way ;) .
    For our Rosalie, the emphasis is on "Roe." Strangely enough, my girls have a very good friend called Bella, short for Isabella. Maybe these books/movies will have run their course before my girls grow into them.

29. double-or-nothing

Marcia,

I think your rosalie is way more gorgeous ;) . How could she NOT be???

I forgot to record Kristen on David Letterman last night but to be honest, I'm so sick of watching interviews with her and RP. RP is a little better in one on one interviews but Kristen and the two of them together come across as bumbling idiots (at least to me they do). Their answers to the questions suck. They are questions that I'm sure they have been asked a million times before so you would think by now that they would have their answers together. It's very strange to watch them. I don't know if it's lack of maturity or exposure in front of the media but give me a break. Their actors, they can at least ACT like they know how to answer interview questions :rolleyes:

Still super excited about the movie. We have our tickets for Saturday night. I have also heard that it's a bit choppy and they could have done much better in the editing of the film but all in all it was good.

30. Katiebelle

I stood in line for 40 minutes in very chilly weather, but I got my tickets! My sitter is lined up, my nails are painted, and I am fully prepared for a hot date tonight! Whoo-hoo!

31. double-or-nothing

QUOTE(Katiebelle @ Nov 21 2008, 02:32 PM) [snapback]1081070[/snapback]
    I stood in line for 40 minutes in very chilly weather, but I got my tickets! My sitter is lined up, my nails are painted, and I am fully prepared for a hot date tonight! Whoo-hoo!

Wooooooooowhooooooooooo Katie girl!! Have a blast!! I got my babysitter lined up for tomorrow as well. I told her she can not cancel on me and that my mental stability depended on this very important outting LOL

btw (a hot date with who? Dh, or Edward Cullen on the big screen? :lol: :laughing: )

32. Bichon999

QUOTE(2girls2boys @ Nov 21 2008, 11:22 AM) [snapback]1080766[/snapback]
    I want to rip his clothes off when I hear him talk "normal" with his english accent. Sorry :girl_devil:

we all do, but let's restrain ourselves, now.

who admits that they would do that? I do.

33. Katiebelle

My hot date is with DH, for sure! Robert Pattinson is attractive, but I don't think he'd be as good to my kids as DH is. ;)

Hey, this gal was just named the World's Sexiest Woman. Of course, the minute I saw her I thought, "Hey, she'd be a good Rosalie!"

34. naomi02

naomi02 Well-Known Member

wow, i'm surprised! I thought there'd be at least 1 who's seen the movie by now!

sis & I have our tickets for tomorrow at 10:15, though we're planning on being there at least an hour early. Thought I'd take along a book to read while i'm waiting.....no, not Twilight! *gasp* Do you think i'll be run over by adoring fans for bringing another book to the Twilight movie??? :D

35. double-or-nothing

QUOTE(naomi02 @ Nov 21 2008, 06:22 PM) [snapback]1081418[/snapback]
    wow, i'm surprised! I thought there'd be at least 1 who's seen the movie by now!

sis & I have our tickets for tomorrow at 10:15, though we're planning on being there at least an hour early. Thought I'd take along a book to read while i'm waiting.....no, not Twilight! *gasp* Do you think i'll be run over by adoring fans for bringing another book to the Twilight movie??? :D

That's because most of us are moms to young kids. Who the heck can go to a 12am showing??? :huh: As for the reading material, I think you will be safe with either The Host or some sort of magazine with one of the actors from Twilight on the cover :lol:

Seriously though, I too plan on getting to the theater very early. We are going to the 9:30 showing tomorrow night and we are getting to the theater at 7:30. They have a restaurant in the in the theater so I can eat and keep an eye on the line. My goal is to be first on line or at least the within the first 10. I am very very picky about my seating. I like to be in the middle of the middle or at least in the middle towards the front. The middle is the key for me. I HATE side seating. I was so disappointed to find out the movie wasn't playing the Directors Hall. The Directors Hall is where we saw The Return of the King. It's reserved seating and has waiter/waitress service that takes orders for the various food establishments in the theater. It totally rocks. Guess Twilight wasn't big enough a movie <_< Oh well.