turning breech twins?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by jaam4eva, Apr 6, 2012.

1. jaam4eva

jaam4eva Well-Known Member

any tips/tricks/advice? 32 weeks with breech twins, and they haven't moved in 4 months. :( how likely is it that they will turn?

2. j-squared

j-squared Well-Known Member

My twins were breech from 20 weeks and they never turned. Baby A actually stayed in the exact same position the whole pregnancy. I did some spinning babies stuff, but had a hard time with a lot of it (hard to do inversions when pregnant with twins!). In the end, it was clear they were never going to turn and I did end up with a c-section.

That said, they could still turn on their own. It does happen. My coworker's sister had both her twins head down the day before her induction and when she went in for the induction, they had both flipped transverse. So the opposite story, but goes to show anything can happen.

I hope your twins turn!

3. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

They can definitely still turn. Both mine were transverse until about 35-ish weeks when Baby A flipped to a breech position. I was scheduled for a c-section on a Friday, had an ultrasound earlier that week and Baby A had flipped to head down. They were born naturally a week or two later.

4. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yes, I had friend with a breech singleton pregnancy and the baby turned during the last week of her pregnancy. My baby A was breech the whole time and never turned. I did wind up with a c-section.
    I hope your babies do turn for you!

5. Moonangel

Moonangel Member

I've been researching the same thing. I am only 22 weeks but I keep thinking about it. I've done so much reading about it, but I've come to the conclusion that the best thing I can do to help them turn is stay active as long as I can, do my pelvci rocks and stay relaxed and peaceful. I've heard so many midwives say that the best way to turn a baby is by not being afraid. Ha! That is like trying not to think of the word "elephant" when someone tells you to stop thinking about it! BUT I am doing my best.

Heather

6. 3under2!

3under2! Well-Known Member

If you can find an OB who is comfortable with breech deliveries, you might still be able to have a vaginal birth. Google your town/area's name and breech birth and see if anything comes up. We were just talking about this on another thread but I can't remember which one. Good luck!

7. bkpjlp

bkpjlp Well-Known Member

They can turn - and actually all you need is the one who is positioned to come out first to turn, and then worry about the 2nd one later.

My baby B was breech (feet first) and A was head down. As the first one comes out, a vacuum is created that will automatically turn the 2nd one, as well the fact that there's now more room in there for the 2nd to spread out. So when my Baby A come out, Baby B flipped to be transverse. My OB was wonderful and spent about a 1/2 hour turning Baby B to head first (externally by kneading my abs) and he eventually turned. Afterwards my abs were very sore and I was told some patients end up with bruising on their bellies, but I didn't. So all you need is one to turn. Good luck!

One more comment - my OB did say that if needed, he would be able to stick his arm up me and pull out the baby feet first if needed. The day he explained that, I had just watched an episode of Dirty Jobs where Mike Rowe did that with a cow giving birth, so I had a visual of that. :blink: