True Blood

Discussion in 'General' started by cclott, May 5, 2009.

1. jerrkor

jerrkor New Member

All I know about this show is that it is based on vampires, am I right? Maybe I should get started on it, on which network does it air? and do they show repeats of the first season? cuz thats obviously where I would want to start. Maybe someone could list their top 3 reasons why this show rocks :D

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

It's on HBO. I know HBO has it on demand (depending on your cable provider and if you have HBO), the first season is out on DVD.
    1. The characters are good.
    2. Alan Ball has taken the book stories and made them much better
    3. The guys are hot, especially Eric

3. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Ditto Nancy's top 3, I especially agree with #3: Very hot men. Very. :blush:

I've been thinking about this more (because as a mom of three year olds I have nothing better to do :rolleyes: ) and I'm not sure I want Eric/Sookie action just yet. :pardon: I like when there is that sexual "I want you so bad" tension between the characters. Odd, I know, but if they could hold off on it just a bit longer. But I wouldn't mind seeing Eric nekkid. :blush:

4. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

supposedly in the next episode sookie has her mouth all over eric but that could mean several things

5. Trish_e

Trish_e Well-Known Member

From what I'm gathering Sookie tends to a wounded Eric and ends up drinking some of his blood. So I think it's going to more or less be a dream/fantasy encounter. I don't think real action will happen until season 3. I'm not sure how many here have read the books but there's this awesome hot and steamy scene in book 3 between Eric and Sookie....I sure hope it makes it in the show. I'll make sure to have a fan next to me to cool down with!!!! :spiteful: I'm such a sucker for Eric and all his hotness.....what's funny is I'm not the type to go for blonds. LOL!

I have to agree with most of what Nancy said except for her #2. I've read all the books and LOVED them, I definitely prefer the books to the show. I enjoy watching the show to see it played out (if that makes sense). I wish Alan Ball, the director and creator of the show, would follow the books a little more closely. All in all though it's good entrainment.

6. TwinLove

I'm not a fan of blondes either but there is something about him that is very yummy (him and Brad Pitt). :blush: I hope we'll be needing that fan next season. :lol:

7. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

NO!!!!!!!!!!!! Trish...TMI!!! Don't tell parts from the book that haven't happened in the show yet PLEASE!!!!! :slap: :D

8. TwinLove

I'm going to have to ditto this or at least put it in spoilers. :blush: I totally knew what was going to happen tonight.

I loved tonights episode, except the end. :pardon: I won't say more until tomorrow. :good:

Only three episodes left. :cry: :cry: :cry:

9. kingeomer

Totally agree. Everytime I say, "that was the best episode of the season" they top it again. Can't wait to discuss tomorrow!

10. Trish_e

OMG, all I can say is HOT HOT HOT!!!!!!

11. TwinLove

OH oh oh! I've finally figured out the answer to my own question. :p I've been wondering what is different with Bill and tonight they showed a clip from last year AND it's his hair. :good: Last season he had a old school (about 200 year old ;) ) hair do and now he's more hip. :bubble:

Just thought I should share. :lol:

12. eliseypoo7147

eliseypoo7147 Well-Known Member

This episode was def. the best of this season so far. **SPOILER FOR ANYONE WHO DIDN'T SEE TONIGHT'S SHOW** Eric crying?! OMG exactly what I've been waiting for. They are starting to show his softer side like in the books. But, what was Lorena doing in Sookie's fantasy? And, I wonder if Eric knew Sookie was fantasing about him? PS- I want more PAM!!!! :p

13. TwinLove

I loved the fantasy and yes, I do think he did it. :diablo: I'm not sure what Lorena was doing there, it was weird. I loved seeing Eric cry. :blush: Showed that he does have some feeling but in all honesty, I wasn't impressed with how Godric died so easily. :pardon: I didn't want him to die at all, he was cool but there could been more something.

I'm dying to know how the Maryann thing comes out. :gah: I saw Bill say he couldn't fight her or defeat her. Interesting stuff.

I'm happy Hoyt stood up to his mommy. :rolleyes:

14. kingeomer

I will be rewinding that fantasy for days to come. Too hot for words. I don't know that Eric sent that fantasy since Lorena was in it, though you never know with that sneaky vampire! I wonder if it was Sookie's psyche messing with her head, having this attraction to Eric and therefore doubting her loyalty to Bill (through Lorena).
    Loved Sookie and Jason's conversation, the scene between Eric and Godric at the end slayed me. I was glad that Sookie was there with Godric and I had hoped he would get a Lafayette type reprieve. I loved Bill saying to the kid, "You go back and tell your people that vampires showed your mercy when you showed none to us." Loved Lafayette and Lettie Mae rescuing Tara, I hope they can avoid Maryann's spell. Poor Sam. Loved seeing the Newlins on TV and Jason's reaction to them. Love Hoyt standing up to his Momma and singing outside of Jessica's door. I could go on all day about what I loved about this episode.
    Definitely need more Pam. I wonder who can defeat Maryann, if Bill can't, can Eric? Or will Jason be able to do it (I saw him with a chainsaw on the preview)?

15. TwinLove

I must have missed Jason with the chainsaw. :blink: You think? That would be funny because he's always saving the day. :lol: And he's the "dumbest" character.

I was hoping Bill would go to town on that boy. :blush: :pardon:

16. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Best episode ever. I kept going pull the camera lower on the sookie Eric scene :wub:

17. kingeomer

You and me both :faint:

18. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

I was wondering why Maryann did not mess With Lafayette when he came to rescue Tara.

Great show. I was jsut wondering why Godric died so fast. Was it because of his age? He mentioned due to his age it would not take long.

19. TwinLove

Yeah, it seems like the older you are the quicker you burn. :pardon: I needed more on that scene.

Maybe Maryann wants to get Lafayette there on his own terms? Or you have to consume something of hers in order to fall under her spell and then she's got something over you forever? Not sure, but even the cop guy wasn't under her spell when he came to that "love fest" that night.

20. double-or-nothing

I'm wondering if Maryann's powers have no effect on vampires. After all they are already technically "dead." So far she has not done anything to anyone who is actually a vampire so I wonder if perhaps they will in fact be able to "take care of her." Lafayette has vampire blood in him so it's possible that she was unable to do anything to him. She doesn't need to bother with the mother I guess because she already controls Tara regarding her. I do feel bad for Eggs because he's a totally innocent puppet in all this.

Nancy, loved all the same scenes you mentioned. And okay...I am officially Team Eric. Holy crapola. He's hot. That scene with Sookie and Eric. YOWZER!!!! But I feel so sad and heart broken for Bill. It must be killing him inside. Also loved the brother/sister scene. Very touching.

21. TwinLove

:woo: FINALLY! You have seen the light and are on the right team! :lol: He is so juicy.

As for Lafayette and the blood, I don't think that's why because Maryann went after Sookie and got her but then again, that was when she was a "bull". :pardon: Who knows. I can't wait to see.

22. double-or-nothing

Dang it. That's right. Forgot about her attacking Sookie. Hmmm...clueless then.

23. TwinLove

Think, Mel, Think! :slap: I'm depending on YOU and your brilliant mind. :wub:

24. TwinLove

What did you all think? :popcorn:

I was mad at it only being 45 minutes. :gah:

25. eliseypoo7147

I'm mad because of 2 reasons.. too short and only like 3 minutes of Eric!! Ugh. lol. I'm anxious to see who the queen is... its obviously got to be someone we have seen before- but it better not be Lorena or that will just be stupid (seeing as how a sherriff was able to overrule her... and its nothing like the books at all)! I guess we will see next week huh? All in all, I think this weeks episode was pretty boring. :(

26. Trish_e

Here is a pic and article on the actress playing Sophie-Anne, the queen of Louisiana.

27. eliseypoo7147

Good :) Sticking to the books it looks like, then!

28. TwinLove

I hope it's not Lorena.. I don't think it is. Not sure who it is though, didn't Bill say he's going to go see Mike? :pardon: I didn't catch the name, so I was surprised when he was going to go see the Queen! I thought Jason faking being God was hilarious! :laughing: Other then that, you are right, it was a bit boring... they are taking too long to solve the Marianne issue. Sam keeps getting caught, escaping, getting caught, escaping, :wacko:

29. double-or-nothing

Waaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh! We started watching about 15 minutes late (doesn't matter we were dvring it) so we sit down, hit dvr and press play from beginning only find a message that Cablevision has changed it's high def channels. So all we were able watch was a stupid screen that shows where the channels have moved to. :gah: Thank goodness, they replay it later in the night so we will watch tonight.

How obnoxious is that of the cable company to do that without any warning???? What the heck is wrong with these people. Do they not know that the recording of True Blood is something that you DO NOT MESS WITH!!!???!!!

30. kingeomer

Definitely not enough Eric at all!!!! I was shocked that it ended at 45 minutes too. I did like Jason's attempt to get the town back and his impression of the "god". I have to say, Bill looked mighty fine in his leather jacket as he was entering the queen's mansion. Looks like next week Sam goes for Eric's help, that should be interesting. I hope it's more then a 3 minute scene!

31. TwinLove

I swear you are in my brain woman. :unsure: That is exactly what I thought when he went, why in the world doesn't he dress like THAT more often???? :spiteful: And where did he find time to dress when he said he was in a hurry?? :lol:

Mel, :gah: :gah: I'm so sorry Cablevision did that. Not cool!

32. kingeomer

I dunno Liz, if we shared brains we could take over the whole world :laughing: I wish they dressed Bill like that more often. He changes quick! That look totally works for him!
    Mel, sorry your cable was acting up. My cable froze during Rescue Me this past week and I had to tape the repeat last night so I could catch up. Stupid cable!

33. eliseypoo7147

Eh. Bill just doesn't do it for me at all... lol. I think it really stinks that theres only 3 episodes left and its getting dull. These should be the best!!

BTW- Since when is HBO HD? Guess when we go back to the states we will need to get that then, so Eric's hotness will be even hotter... lol. ;)

34. double-or-nothing

hahahahah, dh and I thought the same thing and had to rewind it twice. He said "MIGHT." He was stressing the word. He said, "I know someone who might be able to help...MIGHT."

I thought he said Mike and was stressing it to say he was NOT going to Eric. LOL

Interesting episode. A little silly and corny I thought at times. Not a WOW episode for me but interesting. Liked the scene with Tara, her mother and Lafayette. Thought the actress playing Tara was fantastic in this episode. And man are those black eyes creeepy.

Thought Bill looked much much better these past couple of episodes. They seemed to have eased up a bit on the make up around the eyes. He looked to pastey and wrinkly and old before. He looks better now.

I don't think it is possible that Lorena is the Queen. I mean, she would have had more power against Godrick and certainly against Bill if she was, no?

Interested to see what these powers Sookie has against Maryann turns out to be. That was interesting.

35. TwinLove

Oh yeah!! I forgot about that part. Maybe Barry will come back and they'll both do something to her. :pardon: I think you are right about Lorena, she would have been more powerful when against Godric. I don't think it's anyone we've seen yet.

Thanks for the clarification on Mike vs. Might. :laughing: :blush: