True Blood

Discussion in 'General' started by cclott, May 5, 2009.

1. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

i really like hoyt and Jessica together and I was so greatful that Eric got out of that ridiculous track suit!

2. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

So I only have 2 episodes of season 1 left. I am really happy I watched it. I even have my co worker hooked on it. She is watching the episodes as I finish them. Then I am starting up on season 2.

I have a crush on Bill.

3. marcy874

marcy874 Well-Known Member

I don't know what I'm going to do with myself Sunday night!!! Guess I'll have to watch the reruns to get my Eric fix! :D HBO always skips the holiday weekends.

4. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

He is very crushable... but Eric... oh Eric. :spiteful: There's just something there with him that isn't there with Bill. :laughing:

I'm glad you enjoyed Season 1!!

5. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I agree with you Liz! Bill is easy on the eyes but there is just something about Eric.

6. daniv

daniv Well-Known Member

Oh I don't like Bill much. He is too nice for me. But Eric oh boy Eric. So hot. I am happy to have him on tv since Lost is finished for the season. Gotta have my hunky men on TV. (Sawyer)

I didn't know about HBO skipping holidays but I can understand that.

Y'all asked some of the same questions I have been asking. Daphne, Maryanne, etc. I can't wait to see more.

I watch Desperate Housewives on Lifetime during the weekdays and I was making lunch on Fri and the woman vamp that works for Eric was on there. I didn't think much of it until later in the same episode the guy that Tara is with was on also. I never made the connection before but had to call DH at work to tell him. He didnt' care at all. Guys..hmmph

7. daniv

daniv Well-Known Member

ok so who watched tonight?

I don't want to say much for those of you that haven't seen it yet but it was an interesting episode!

8. kingeomer

:wavey: I did! Liked last night's episode. I think I missed something though, what exactly happened between Eric and Lafayette? Did Eric let Lafayette suck some of his blood to heal?
    I loved this exchange between Lafayette and Tara:
    T: I'll be real p*ssed if you die.
    L: Me too.
    Also, Eggs? Very easy on the eyes! Curious to see what he and Maryann got going on. I am curious as to why she is so interested in Tara...

9. cclott

cclott Well-Known Member

He did! And let's just say that Lafayette "sprang" back to life!!! I was about rolling on the floor we he was humping around the room! :rofl:

So Mayranne is the monster, but I still can't figure out what her interest in Tara is. And I wish they would hurry up with Jason's story line, it is getting on my nerves, but I bet somehow that Jason and Sookie come to head somehow about the missing vampire in Dallas.

10. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

Wow, great episode...again. Never a bad one though the Jason story is still annoying but it's getting a little more interesting. I think they are using him for his naivity (sp?) to do their dirty work but I'm sure at some point he will actually "see the light" and realize what's going on. He's too wise to continue to fall for that much longer (I hope!).

knew Marianne was the creature although there was a tiny moment where I wondered if it was the guy hooking up with Tara (what's his name?). I'm also still confused about the deal with Marianne and Tara but I'm guessing she was hoping to recruit her into her little "gang." She seems to prey on the weak, needy and desperate. Still unsure about the whole Daphanie thing. Not sure what her real deal is. I'm guessing she was sent my Marianne to distract Sam or keep an eye on him or something.

The scene with Lafayette was so freakin' hilarious. Dh and I were laughing so hard. Also, the scene with Jessica using her new found powers to make that guy scream out those profane things. She is one of my favorite characters. Her scenes are always so entertaining and hysterical.

Was it me or did Sookie look especially pretty in this episode. I think it was the hair but she just looked better than she has in the previous episodes (IMO anyway).

So, the previews for next week were so mumbled jumbled to me. I couldn't figure out or guess anything for next week. Anyone else feel like that? Like...huh? What's happening next week???

11. cclott

cclott Well-Known Member

Yeah, I can't remember anything specifically about the previews, so I have no idea what is going to happen next week! But I like it that way!

I hope Eggs (Tara's boyfirend) doesn't turn out to be some knid of monster...DH thinks that Maryanne's chef/servant dude is the pig.

And Daphne "knows" what Sam is, obviously because Maryanne has put her up to something...

And I just crack up Terry (scramble) hehehe...I hope his character turns out to be something more.

12. TwinLove

Woman, you totally read my mind. :spiteful: He is hawt! It's a shame it's not for real for Tara.

:good: and I can't wait because that storyline (Jason's) is killing me. :lazy:

She really did look prettier but I'm not sure why?

Three parts made me :rotflmbo:

Eric tossing Lafayette off and then Lafayette dancing around!
    When Jessica couldn't get out of the coffin!
    Jessica making that man yell out things. Too much. I really like her.

I like that Sookie found someone like her, I wonder how Barry is going to fit into this all. Is he in the books... for those of you who have read them?

13. mes_00

mes_00 Well-Known Member

Yup, Barry's in the books. But we'll have to wait and see what Ball has in mind for him.

14. kingeomer

Barry is in the books, I will be curious to see what Ball does with that character. Sookie did look especially pretty in this episode. I am hoping Eggs is not a monster but I might be blinded by his gorgeousness to see him fairly :(

15. TwinLove

:laughing: Love the word! I think you are blinded by it, it's just too good to be true for Tara. Plus it's just too much hawtness having him AND Eric. :spiteful:

16. cclott

cclott Well-Known Member

ooooh, I forgot all about Barry at the end!! And I was thinking too that Eggs is just too good to be true!

17. kingeomer

I'm sorry, but TB needs to have a shirtless Eggs scene in every episode. Just saying ;) I would probably explode if Eric was shirtless in the same episode.
    I'm trying to remember the character Eggs in the book and I do remember a character with the name but I don't think he had a big part, so I am glad with the screen AB is giving him. I hope they keep him around.
    I still wonder what it is that Maryann wants with Bon Temps? Is she trying to make Sam miserable? Is the he one she really wants?
    Jason needs to get out of that creepy cult fast!

18. cohlee

cohlee Well-Known Member

No Eggs in the books. There was a 'Mott' though that Tara dates, but Tara is also white (well olive colored skin) in the books.

19. kingeomer

That's who I must be thinking of, thanks for refreshing my terrible memory Cohlee ;)

20. TwinxesMom

I do like that they are offering more of the comic relief that the books have. Barry place a sizeable part in the book as well as in some of the later books

21. TwinLove

Love it! :Clap: I'm getting excited (why? :pardon: ) at seeing where his character goes! Interesting.

Thank you ladies!!

22. cohlee

cohlee Well-Known Member

T minus 11 hours!! :woo:

23. TwinLove

:yahoo: I get a little happy when I'm right about people. :laughing: The first thing I thought when I saw that chick at the end was that it was Bill's maker, and it looks like it is. Who do you think "called" her? Eric so he can get with Sookie??

I have to admit that tonights episode was a little boring! They are dragging out the storylines way to long (IMO) and i need answers!! :laughing:

Does Bill have a new 'do? And what was up with the extra paleness? :pardon:

24. daniv

daniv Well-Known Member

Ditto on Bill's maker. I figure it was probably the other people, but I wouldn't put it past Eric.

I thought it was pretty interesting. I have been expecting something to happen with Jason and it is taking his part way too long.

I didn't notice Bill's hair, but I don't like Sookie's.

I think next week will be interesting from the previews.

Have a big problem with Maryanne but I will wait until tomorrow so people can have a chance to watch it.

25. kingeomer

I knew at the end the woman was Bill's maker Lorena. I would not put it past Eric at all to have called her. Like Liz, I found last night's episode a little on the boring side. I did like seeing how Eric got turned into vampire by Godric.
    I am really unsure as to where all of this Maryanne stuff is going but I wish they'd get somewhere with it. Same with Jason and the Fellowship. I think the reverand's wife is using him because she feels like her hubby isn't paying attention to her.
    I did not really notice Bill's hair either but I did notice that both he and Eric looked a little paler then usual, especially compared to the Texas vamps.

26. TwinLove

Yeah, the Texan's don't even really look like Vamps at all. :umm: How are they getting so tan? :lol:

Oh and did you all notice Maryann wearing Grammy's clothes at the end? And the music they were playing was annoying me. :rolleyes:

27. cclott

cclott Well-Known Member

I agree, last night was a bit boring! Maybe they are just building up to a good climax when all these storylines that seem to be dragging on will finally come together. It should be interesting to see what happens when Sookie shows up at Jason's camp. And I bet that Eric called Lorena to come and distract Bill so he can get closer to Sookie?? :pardon: Don't know where that is going, but it explains why they flashed back to Bill's making during the catch up at the beginning of the episode. And I too noticed Maryanne's Grandma clothes...I bet Eggs passed on info to her about how Tara really looked up to Sookie's Gran and she was trying to get back on Tara's good side. I'm curious to what the modern day Godric looks like... he was so exoctic looking!

28. Dani Boyle

Dani Boyle Well-Known Member

Eggs is in at least one of the books..maybe 2. UGH I can't find it, but whichever book it is that Lafayette ends up in Andy's car is the one with Eggs in it. Sookie and Eric go to the "party" to try to figure out who killed Lafayette and how he ended up in Andy's car.

29. TwinLove

Catie, that's what I was thinking, that Eggs told her about the whole looking at the pic and all. Darn you Eggs! Too bad he's so hot that I can't get mad at him. :laughing: I can't wait to see Godric too... exotic indeed, I'm hoping he's easy on the eyes. :blush:

30. cohlee

cohlee Well-Known Member

That is the 2nd book, but I dont remember Eggs. My mother read it more recently, I'll ask her if she remembers Eggs.

31. Dani Boyle

Dani Boyle Well-Known Member

Thanks, I was having a memory lapse earlier! :laughing: He isn't in it for very long, maybe mentioned once or twice before the party takes place.

32. cohlee

cohlee Well-Known Member

Yeah I dont remember him at all, he must have not been as memorable as he is on the show! :spiteful:

33. TwinxesMom

In the book isn't bill's maker just there not because they called her? according to wikipedia he was benedict called "eggs" and was tara's fiancee

34. daniv

daniv Well-Known Member

That was one of hte things I hated. That she was wearing Grammy's clothes. I mean come on. I haven't read all the books, just the first one. I have them on hold at hte library, but from what I have read in Entertainment Weekly Jason goes nuts on the FLC. I am thinking this is because they capture Sookie. These are all just speculations on my part. I am hoping this is the climax that we are building to. I don't trust Maryanne, Eggs or Daphne.

35. Trish_e

Trish_e Well-Known Member

Maybe it's just me but I'm a little disappointed with how much the show has veered away from the books. Some changes are nice and make the show more interesting but IMO sometimes it's gets to be a bit much. In the books Godric never turned Eric, actually we just learned a little more about Eric in Dead and Gone (the 9th book), and if memory serves me correctly it was a female that turned him. Godric was nothing but a 2 thousand year child molesting vamp who was suicidal and turned to the FoTS. Lorena didn't show up until the 3rd book when she heard about the vamp database that Bill was compiling for the Queen of Louisiana. She summoned Bill and he went to her on his own accord. He later had Eric break up for him so he didn't have to face Sookie. I really hope AB isn't going to show Eric in a bad light once again. It seems that AB has taken all the good/nice things Eric's done for Sookie and given the parts to Bill. Bill was never this great vamp in the books, not the way they're portraying him in the show. I just find all these changes a bit bothersome. I do love the show and will continue to watch it, it's the highlight of my week. ;) I hope AB gets back to the books a little bit more. Why base a show on a series of books but not follow the books at all, it makes no sense to me. :)

Eggs was in the second book, he had a very small part though. Tara was dating him and got her involved with orgy party's. Sookie and Eric find them at one of the party while they were hunting down Lafayette's murderer. In the book he gets killed by the maenad along with 3 other people.