Touchy, Feely, Grabby, Sticky Boys!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by MrsWright, Feb 8, 2011.

1. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My kids touch EVERYTHING!!! :bad: It grosses me out to no end!!! Now with potty training they like to be naked...yeah, use your imagination on where a little boys hands go! When they go to the bathroom I have to tell them (mostly Jack) to keep his hands on the handles and not IN the potty (he's never actually touched anything in there bc I've caught him early enough) and then when we dump the little pottys they hang on the big toliet like it might flush them too!!! :bad: They are just sticky icky dirty little boys and I'm a germaphobe!!!!
    HELP!! Even if just to commiserate with ;)

2. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Ugh.. my boys are grody too. We have to sing the "hands off your junk" song when we take their diapers off because that's the first thing they grab for every opportunity. And when it's a poopy diaper? :bad:

We almost always keep the doors closed to the bathroom at home, but we went to the neighbor's the other day and both boys picked up a toy, went straight for the bathroom and dumped it in the toilet and started swishing around in there before I could even get up off the couch to catch them. Disgusting!

Petting the dog? Right for the tail.. and we have boxers with cute little nubs, so they're practically giving the dogs an exam.

We do a lot of handwashing around here.

3. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

Yes to all of the above and add that Jack is a thumb-sucker. :bad: :bad: :bad: I just keep a lot of hand-sanitizer around, which has the added benefit of tasting nasty so Jack doesn't want to suck his thumb! :lol:

4. tfrost

tfrost Well-Known Member

:rotflmbo:
    All of these posts have me laughing so hard! The "hands off your junk" song and giving the dogs exams is hilarious! I only laugh because I have realized my sweet little baby boys have started to turn into stinky, sticky gross, little boys. Thankfully there are no pets, so that's one less worry, and so far they aren't fascinated with their backsides yet. But dirt on the floor, boogers, peepers, our brother's boogers and peepers have all become fascinating now, and I know with boys it's not going to get better anytime soon. We'll all live through this right? :silly:

5. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

All 3 of my boys were the exact same way!! and think it wasn't until they were like 10 that they would shower without me having to tell them to over and over! I still have to remind my 12 yr old to wash his hands before he eats and I don't see that getting better anytime soon! The problem I have now is that they have discovered body spray and I think they swim in it at times! I have to tell them that girls may like a little bit of a good smell but it is not good to suffocate them from across the room LOL! Boys are really,really neat little creatures and I cannot wait to meet my new icky, sticky little guy!