Tips for carrying purse with twin perwalking twin toddlers

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by jacook82, Apr 8, 2012.

1. jacook82

jacook82 Active Member

I am a big tom boy so purse were never for forte. However I started carrying one once I got married because well, I had to lug my stuff plus my hubbys! Now that my twins are over a year and out of the infant car seats I have to carry them on my hip because they aren't yet walking. Its become a huge pain in the butt for me with a purse but with an appt book, cell phone, id cards, license, money, keys, etc carrying a purse almost seems necessary. But when, for example I have to take them to the doctors, fumbling through my purse trying to locate a appt book, debit cards, or insurance cards, with a 25 lb tot on my hip, and a small diaper bag (which i carry on my back cus we use a small book bag) it becomes a chaotic mess and I feel so disorganized. :(

Does anyone have any tips or ideas? I am so tempted to just place all my plastic in my pocket with my keys on my belt loop. I thought of throwing everything in the diaper bag but then Id have to try to get it off my back with the baby clinging to me. ... perhaps I am making this harder than it really is... :grr:

2. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

How about a wristlet for your phone, keys and cards, and the rest of it goes into a backpack/diaper bag. In the case of the doctor's office, when you know you'll need the appointment book, make sure it's handy. (Or do what we do, we use google's online calendar and both of our phones reference it.)

3. mama_dragon

mama_dragon Well-Known Member

I hate carrying a purse. Always have. We use a small backpack. Its a backwoods daypack. It has a small front pocket for me to put my wallet, keys, phone and one of the boys epi pen. Very easy access. I've used it since they were infants. I will miss it when they no longer need me to carry stuff and i have to go back to just a purse.

4. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

We used a back pack for diaper bag and everything went in there

5. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

My two were walking by then, but I used a cross body style bag that was big enough for some diapers, wipes and my personal items. I kept a coin purse in there with the essentials, my ID's, insurance cards & cash. Everything else went in my regular wallet. Also I only carried the bare minimum with me, like 2-4 diapers, a sandwich baggie of wipes and a changing pad. I kept a tote in the car with more supplies just in case.

6. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Honestly, I was just carrying a billfold that would fit into any diaper bag or something, but lately I've been carrying a 31 organizer that goes across the body (across the front.) Works very well for being hands free.

7. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

We use a large backpack, and when we go out with the kids, I stick my wallet and keys (and anything else I need) in the front pocket of the backpack and just carry that. When I do take a separate purse, it's a small one that has a long strap so I can carry it across my body and don't have to worry about dropping it, etc.

8. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

I have all my cards in one little wallet that I can grab just to run in somewhere. There was a thread in the club forum about purses not long ago. I have to have a purse with a lot of pockets. It doesn't take me long to assign everything to a certain pocket. Then I don't have to dig around looking for things, I know the nail clippers are here, the blistex is there, etc. The only thing in the middle open part of the bag is my small wallet, checks, my keys and a couple random papers. I have one now that's quite small and has a cross-body strap. It's perfect for when you have your hands full.

9. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

You carry nail clippers in your purse? :pardon:

Time for a thread in TC!!

10. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm also very much a tomboy. I have a man type folded wallet (it has a pretty Mickey Mouse on it though ;) ), that I keep in my back pocket all the time. And I have a clip on my key ring to hang it on my belt loop and then stuff the keys in my front pocket so they don't clang. And my cell phone goes in my other front pocket.

If i don't have pockets I do have a small pocket in the diaper bag that I can keep my stuff in. I also have a note pad, tampons, chapstick....etc in that pocket too.

11. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

My iPhone goes in my bra lol

12. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

Same here. Keys and cell phone in my pocket, everything else in the backpack.

13. cm301263

cm301263 Well-Known Member

We definately use a back pack. Works great!!

Frees up my hands and I use one of the compartments of it just for my things...and instead of fumbling around figuring out which compartment was which... I tied a ribbon on the zipper of the compartment with MY stuff in it...then I can go straight to it when I need to grab something out. :woohoo: