The songs we sing

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by ECUBitzy, Apr 24, 2013.

1. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

This morning, while changing a pull-up, I was singing to Alexis, "She's just a pooping machine, can't nobody poopoo like she" (toLove Machine).

We also sing "Who's that girl, nah nah nah, Sammie's that girl" to Eve's Who's That Girl.

And "Lexi's got a big ole butt" to LL Cool J's Big Ole Butt. (That video cracked me up!)

What ridiculous songs do you sing to your kids? Do you change the lyrics?

2. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We always sang "Shake shake shake, Shake shake shake, shake the baybeeee, shake the baayyybee" to "Shake your Body" by KC and the Sunshine Band.

3. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I'm guilty of doing this one a few times.

4. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Us too! I'm guilty of making up songs!

5. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

Lol. My kids just had their spring performance at my university. My sons class sang "peanut butter and jelly." Since then, he always sings "butter butter and jelly on you..(ton of nonsense words after that which I don't remember and can't understand the meaning lol)" he's a pro for making nonsense songs. I'm no good at singing lol

6. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

When I was potty training the twins, I used to sing Everybody Poops-my version of REM's Everybody Hurts. Another potty training ditty I made up out of a real song was Potty All The Time-to the tune of the classic Eddie Murphy song Party All The Time. I even had a goofy dance I did with it.
    I still sing Sophia is a Punk Rocker, to the tune of the Ramones Sheena is a Punk Rocker. It's now at the point that when the kids listen to the real version of the song, my son says those words are wrong, it's supposed to be Sophia :laughing:

And I wonder why I get strange looks from my kids a lot. And requests NOT to sing.