The pregnancy crazy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by emp59, Jul 30, 2012.

1. emp59

emp59 Well-Known Member

I've officially lost my mind. Last night I bleached out my laundry room (brought the hose in, emptied the entire room, and sprayed bleach and then rinsed) because its the dog's room and it starts smelling like dog breath every two weeks. So this a routine procedure. This morning, I go to put laundry in and I saw a flipping mouse. I lost my mind. I screamed and started hysterically crying. I immediately got the girls dressed and we left the house (after I barricaded the laundry room door). We returned so I could get them ready for afternoon preschool and I went in to see if I could see it again (I'm an idiot) and there it was! I set up a makeshift trap and I sent my husband to purchase some. I had no idea I felt this way about mice. None. I'm now awaiting my husband's return (I'm sitting outside) because he has promised to catch it or rent me a hotel room for the night.

I was so impatient with the girls today and so irritable because of this damn mouse! I'm officially crazy and may need to be institutionalized. Who hysterically cries over a tiny mouse?!

2. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

Girl, I hate mice!! And, we only get them when I'm pregnant. The old fashioned snap traps are the best. The fastest I've ever caught a mouse was with a small piece of bacon. I actually sewed it on the trap. lol

3. Janclamat

Janclamat Well-Known Member

I was there last year. We had our first mouse ever last year when I was pregnant. I screamed and stood on a chair when I stood on it. Then I couldn't sleep knowing this disease carrying rodent was in the house. I tore the house apart cleaning trying to find him because the traps we set out didn't catch him. We put some sticky traps all over the house and finally caught him 2 months later!! Yuck. Then 2 days ago I heard scratching in the kitchen in the middle of the night and knew it was another mouse. I heard him in the oven drawer again the next morning, so I went out and bought more traps - electronic ones. They didn't catch a thing. So last night I put a bunch of sticky trays all around the entrance of the oven, mice tend to go back to the same places, and this morning my husband found him. Yay. Some people think the sticky traps are cruel, but in cases where you have little babies crawling around the house, I don't care how they go.

4. christinam

I have no sympathy for mice. I don't care for the sticky traps because even after they're caught they're alive. I like the kind that snap their necks. It's very effective. lol

5. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

I don't know what it is about having kids but before my oldest was born I took care of all kinds of bugs and spiders by myself (luckily no mice!). Now that I have kids, I have to get my husband to get rid of every little bug I see!

6. christinam

My dh is freaked out by bugs and I'm usually one that says move over I'll get it. Lol he's not girly about it but it's annoying. I do make him clean up dead mice though. That's a pretty nasty job so I'll take the spiders etc

7. NicoleLea

NicoleLea Well-Known Member

I live up where it is cold, so I have never seen a mouse in a house! But I don't think I would like it!

8. emp59

emp59 Well-Known Member

The mouse is gone :) He was dead on top of my dryer this morning. I saw him and screamed like a little girl! fortunately, the girls helped me get the pooper scooper and we took him to the outside trash. I've since been searching every inch of the house for mouse poopoo just incase there are more. I have 10 traps set as well. Bye bye mouse enemy!

My neighbor did tell me since we back a whole lot of fields, that the mice always end up making it into these houses. My next house will be far from fields!

9. christinam

Yay for dead mice!! Search along base boards that's where they tend to travel. Try to have someone pull put out the fridge and look in very area for holes where mice could come in. We found a two inch wide hole along the baseboard behind the dishwasher. Since filling that hole we've been mouse free. Thank God!