Tenderness on c-section incision

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by MomofNickandSuzy, Jan 17, 2009.

1. MomofNickandSuzy

MomofNickandSuzy Active Member

My twins are 7 weeks. I'm still having trouble wearing jeans or real pants (non maternity). My stomach is still tender around the incision. I go back to work in 5 weeks. I'm really getting worried about what I'm going to wear!!!

What have others experienced? Does it take longer due to twins? I sure don't remember this with my 1st c-section (but that was 10 years ago)

2. alex&andysmom

alex&andysmom Well-Known Member

At 11 months post-op I still have tenderness around that area- You might have to re-think your wardrobe, it is afterall major surgery-I don't think anything tight would feel so good for a while. :mellow:

3. Oneplus2more

Oneplus2more Well-Known Member

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but mine bothered me way longer than 12 weeks. I can't remember exactly when but I would say at least six months. I can't say compared to my singleton because that was a vaginal delivery.

4. MomofNickandSuzy

MomofNickandSuzy Active Member

Thanks for the responses.........I kinda figured that.......guess I'll have to do some shopping before I go back to work :)

5. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Everyone's recovery is different. Mine felt tender for about 4 months, post surgery. Take it easy and dress comfortably!

6. stefwebb

stefwebb Well-Known Member

You might be OK. Mine got considerably better in the time frame you are talking about. I went back at 4 months and it was fine by then but I don't think I was wearing my regular pants until just a few weeks before going back. Everyone is different though so you might look for some backup pants for the first few weeks.

7. lukesmom325

lukesmom325 Well-Known Member

I am 3 mos pp. . .and I too, still have incision and stomach pain. Just in the last 2 weeks, I have been able to wear regular jeans. I was wearing maternity jeans up until then just due to tenderness. I still have tenderness in my belly (I am guessing from the internal cutting/incisions). . .My 3 year old accidentally kicked me in the stomach the other day and I just about jumped out of my SKIN because it was so painfull!!

Laura