Tenderness in Abdomen

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by karyinny, Nov 20, 2006.

1. karyinny

karyinny Member

I am feeling extreme tenderness in my lower abdomen. I am at 32 weeks right now. it hurts to touch it and it hurts if I rub it against anything (which happens a lot these days).

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this same thing? I have a call into the doctor, but am waiting to hear back.

I was wondering if it had something to do with the babies dropping? I don't remember this at all with my singleton pregnancy.

Thanks!

2. karyinny

karyinny Member

I am feeling extreme tenderness in my lower abdomen. I am at 32 weeks right now. it hurts to touch it and it hurts if I rub it against anything (which happens a lot these days).

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this same thing? I have a call into the doctor, but am waiting to hear back.

I was wondering if it had something to do with the babies dropping? I don't remember this at all with my singleton pregnancy.

Thanks!

3. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

Is it possible that's it's just the round ligament pain, only in a different place since the babies are bigger and closer?

I'm not sure. Or maybe they did drop and you've pulled an abdominal muscle trying to hold you belly up under all the weight. Does it feel better if you wear a belly bra or tighter maternity pants to keep the weight off?

4. twomore

twomore Well-Known Member

I have that same tenderness on the top of my abdomen, right underneath my breast. It is almost as if its just the skin that hurts, which is weird, because the skin is not stretched there at all. But it hurts just to touch there. I have had it for weeks, and I have no idea what it is, just assuming that its all part of being pregant with twins.

5. MamaKimberlee

MamaKimberlee Well-Known Member

I have the same pain in the bottom of my abdomen - right where my DD's head's hit me everytime they give me a hug. It is awful! And I know what you mean - it is the skin, not really anything underneath. I have assumed it is normal, but I have never asked.

Like the PP said - my skin is not really stretched there as much as in other places, so it seems unusual that it should hurt like it does.

Hope it's normal!

[​IMG]

6. karyinny

karyinny Member

It is ironic that my 3-year old's head hits right at the spot where it hurts every time!

Thanks for the responses. I assume it is just one of those things that we can't do anything about. If the doctor says anything differently, I'll let you know!

7. Marbear

Marbear Well-Known Member

I have a spot on the right side of my belly up top (by the breast, too). It kind of does an uncomfortable tingle, and my ob said it was ACNES (abdominal cutaneous nerve entrapment syndrome). Maybe this is something similar?

8. karyinny

karyinny Member

I have severe edema in my abdomen. I am still not sure why. I plan on pushing it at my appt. next week. It is painful to do anything but sit or stand. Any bending, getting up or down, peeing, etc. is excruciating. I am praying that there could be some kind of relief out there.