Tell us about your pregnancy, giving birth, and after!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by mandywellman, Feb 11, 2010.

1. mandywellman

mandywellman Well-Known Member

I saw someone had wrote on another forum wanting to know about birth stories I read all of the responses and it had me wanting to know more! I love reading about what other moms are going through as well as what I am about to go through. Hearing and comaring stories and reading about lifes little wonderful joys and blessings! After reading the three questions that were in the birth stories forum it left me to wanting to know more! So I made a list of questions for you lovely moms out there who have already been through it to let us new moms know all about it! Please answer the questions below I would absoultley love it! Thanks a million!

1. What was your favorite thing about Pregnancy?
    2. What was your leaast favorite thing about pregnancy?
    3. DId you have any complications during pregnancy?
    4. Any crazy Dreams?!? ( I have crazy dreams all the time and now I am starting to have dreams that my girls arrive and I am not prepared)!
    5. How often did you see doctor for ultra sounds or just check ups?
    6. C/S or Vaginal Deliver? BY Choice, complications, doctors orders? Scheduled?
    7. How far along were you when you delivered? How long were you in labor for?
    8. How much did your twins weigh when they were born?
    9. Twins ID, Faternal, boys, girls, both?
    10. First thought when you saw your babies for the first time?
    11. how long in hospital after born? Nicu Time, if they were early, if so how long?
    12. Was your partner there for you through all of it?
    13. How old are your twins now?
    14. DId you breast feed your twins? If so, one tip for new moms of twins that want to breast feed? how long did you or do you plan to breastfeed? DId you pump on top of breastfeeing? how long b4 you gave them a bottle with breastmilk? Do they eat at the same time? If they spent time in NICU, was it difficult to breast feed?
    15. How long did it take for you to get your twins on a schedule?
    16. When they first came home from hospital, did they sleep in your room, their room? together or apart? in what did they sleep in?
    17. If you could give one piece of advice to a new mom and a new dad what would it be?!?

If anyone has any other questions they want to add --feel free! I just randomly thought about these off the top of my head real quick! I love to hear about others who are going through or went through the same as me! I am 29 weeks and 1 day! :)

1 person likes this.
  2. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

3. foppa2102

foppa2102 Well-Known Member

1. What was your favorite thing about Pregnancy? feeling my babies move
    2. What was your leaast favorite thing about pregnancy? the hip pain and sciatica
    3. DId you have any complications during pregnancy? GDM and MTHFR (clotting disorder) and IUGR
    4. Any crazy Dreams?!? ( I have crazy dreams all the time and now I am starting to have dreams that my girls arrive and I am not prepared)! nope
    5. How often did you see doctor for ultra sounds or just check ups? every 4 wks until 30 wks, then every 2 wks, and was hospitalized at 34 wks
    6. C/S or Vaginal Deliver? BY Choice, complications, doctors orders? Scheduled? scheduled c/s by choice, but c/s early at 36 wks due to IUGR
    7. How far along were you when you delivered? How long were you in labor for? no labor, 36w0d
    8. How much did your twins weigh when they were born? 4 lb 7 oz, and 4 lb 9 oz
    9. Twins ID, Faternal, boys, girls, both? fraternal girls
    10. First thought when you saw your babies for the first time? omg that just came out of me???!!!
    11. how long in hospital after born? Nicu Time, if they were early, if so how long? i was in hosp 4 days, sadie 14 days, elena 16 days
    12. Was your partner there for you through all of it? i am single by choice, but my mom was there for all of it
    13. How old are your twins now? 20 months!
    14. DId you breast feed your twins? If so, one tip for new moms of twins that want to breast feed? how long did you or do you plan to breastfeed? DId you pump on top of breastfeeing? how long b4 you gave them a bottle with breastmilk? Do they eat at the same time? If they spent time in NICU, was it difficult to breast feed? i bottlefed
    15. How long did it take for you to get your twins on a schedule? still haven't!
    16. When they first came home from hospital, did they sleep in your room, their room? together or apart? in what did they sleep in? elena slept in my bed with me, and sadie slept in my mom's bed with her after we tried unsuccessfully to get them to sleep in their pnp
    17. If you could give one piece of advice to a new mom and a new dad what would it be?!? this too shall pass!!!

4. amymc72

amymc72 Well-Known Member

1. What was your favorite thing about Pregnancy? knowing there were TWO babies in there!
    2. What was your leaast favorite thing about pregnancy? horrible swelling
    3. DId you have any complications during pregnancy? no - other than mono-di and the fact that I am old
    4. Any crazy Dreams?!? ( I have crazy dreams all the time and now I am starting to have dreams that my girls arrive and I am not prepared)! nope
    5. How often did you see doctor for ultra sounds or just check ups? every 3 wks until 20 wks, then every 2 wks until 28 wks, then weekly - I had an u/s at every visit
    6. C/S or Vaginal Deliver? BY Choice, complications, doctors orders? Scheduled? scheduled c/s by choice
    7. How far along were you when you delivered? How long were you in labor for? no labor, 38w5d
    8. How much did your twins weigh when they were born? 5 lb 0 oz, and 6 lb 11 oz
    9. Twins ID, Faternal, boys, girls, both? identical boys
    10. First thought when you saw your babies for the first time? couldn;t believe A was so small! our last u/s est was 6.10 for A and 6.12 for B
    11. how long in hospital after born? Nicu Time, if they were early, if so how long? i was in hosp 5 days, matthew 8 days, john clark 4 days - yes, one baby discharged before I did
    12. Was your partner there for you through all of it? dh was there most of the time - he did not spend the night with me, though
    13. How old are your twins now? 5 months
    14. DId you breast feed your twins? If so, one tip for new moms of twins that want to breast feed? how long did you or do you plan to breastfeed? DId you pump on top of breastfeeing? how long b4 you gave them a bottle with breastmilk? Do they eat at the same time? If they spent time in NICU, was it difficult to breast feed? 100% bottles at my house
    15. How long did it take for you to get your twins on a schedule? very quickly - I am a big believer in the schedule - feeding schedule began immediately
    16. When they first came home from hospital, did they sleep in your room, their room? together or apart? in what did they sleep in? babies slept together in one crib in their own nursery
    17. If you could give one piece of advice to a new mom and a new dad what would it be?!? relax - your nervous energy will rub off on those babies, so just take a breath and calm down!

5. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy! :welcome: to TS!

6. luvrkids

luvrkids Well-Known Member

7. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

1. What was your favorite thing about Pregnancy? Everything! Telling people it was twins:)
    2. What was your leaast favorite thing about pregnancy? Bedrest
    3. DId you have any complications during pregnancy? short cervix
    4. Any crazy Dreams?!? ( I have crazy dreams all the time and now I am starting to have dreams that my girls arrive and I am not prepared)! I did have some but I have forgotten
    5. How often did you see doctor for ultra sounds or just check ups? Dr every 4wks until 22wks then we went every 2 weeks until delivery
    6. C/S or Vaginal Deliver? BY Choice, complications, doctors orders? Scheduled? Vaginal
    7. How far along were you when you delivered? How long were you in labor for? 33w6d but they were born so late at night I say 34wks:) I was in labor for 30 hours but only knew for 18 of it when I went to the hospital bc of "crotch pressure" that wouldn't go away
    8. How much did your twins weigh when they were born? 4#8oz and 4#10oz both 18 inches
    9. Twins ID, Faternal, boys, girls, both? fraternal boys:)
    10. First thought when you saw your babies for the first time? We didn't find out genders so it was especially exciting to see what they were!!:) I just couldn't believe they were mine...still can't:)
    11. how long in hospital after born? Nicu Time, if they were early, if so how long? I was d/c after 12 hours bc the babies were taken an hour away to the nearest NICU...they were both there for 17days
    12. Was your partner there for you through all of it? Never left:)
    13. How old are your twins now? 14 months unbelievably!!
    14. DId you breast feed your twins? If so, one tip for new moms of twins that want to breast feed? how long did you or do you plan to breastfeed? DId you pump on top of breastfeeing? how long b4 you gave them a bottle with breastmilk? Do they eat at the same time? If they spent time in NICU, was it difficult to breast feed? I never breastfed my twins bc they had a hard enough time learning a bottle in the NICU (anything to get us outta there!!). I pumped for 6wks until I couldnt take it anymore...I wanted to do 6mos. They always always always ate at the same time;)
    15. How long did it take for you to get your twins on a schedule? Feeding schedule was right away..everything else fell into place around 4-5 months
    16. When they first came home from hospital, did they sleep in your room, their room? together or apart? in what did they sleep in? They slept together in a cradle in our room until 3 months they moved to separate cribs in their own room:)
    17. If you could give one piece of advice to a new mom and a new dad what would it be?!? Talk to each other, apologize when things are said out of sleep deprivation, SCHEDULE!, take turns so one of you can sleep a decent stretch every once in awhile. and most important...they are not that small and needy forever..one day they will smile and laugh at you (and then hug and kiss you!) and all those horrible nighttime thoughts melt away---and then you do it again!!! :laughing:

8. aimeecooper@yahoo.com

[email protected] Active Member

1. What was your favorite thing about Pregnancy? I thought it was fun that my girls seemed to interact with each other. One would get hiccups and the other would start kicking or vice versa.
    2. What was your least favorite thing about pregnancy? It was great until the third trimester and then I began to feel very large and uncomfortable. I was put on bedrest my last three weeks and I hated it. I had a lot of trouble sleeping towards the end because my hips ached by the end of the night.
    3. Did you have any complications during pregnancy? My blood pressure went from normal to very high over one weekend at 33 weeks and I got put on immediate strict bedrest. It got lifted to limited bedrest a week later. I was induced at 36w4d because of it.
    4. Any crazy Dreams?!? ( I have crazy dreams all the time and now I am starting to have dreams that my girls arrive and I am not prepared)! Not as many as my first pregnancy actually.
    5. How often did you see doctor for ultra sounds or just check ups? Definitely more than my singleton. I had a U/S every appointment so that was definitely different than my first pregnancy. I also had 7 Non-Stress Tests at the end.
    6. C/S or Vaginal Deliver? BY Choice, complications, doctors orders? Scheduled? Induced vaginal delivery because of my blood pressure
    7. How far along were you when you delivered? How long were you in labor for? I was 36w4d. The pitocin was started at 8am, the doctor broke my water at 1pm, I started pushing at 3pm and Baby A was born around 330pm and Baby B came 8 minutes later.
    8. How much did your twins weigh when they were born? 5lb 12oz and 5lb 14oz
    9. Twins ID, Faternal, boys, girls, both? Fraternal girls
    10. First thought when you saw your babies for the first time? I was so relieved that they were breathing well and looked healthy.
    11. how long in hospital after born? Nicu Time, if they were early, if so how long? I was induced Thursday morning and we left late Saturday night. One of my girls had to go to the NICU for hypoglycemia during the first night, but she was able to come home on Sunday morning.
    12. Was your partner there for you through all of it? Yep. He went home for a few hours the day after to spend some time with our 2 year old, but he stayed both nights with me
    13. How old are your twins now? 3 months
    14. DId you breast feed your twins? If so, one tip for new moms of twins that want to breast feed? how long did you or do you plan to breastfeed? DId you pump on top of breastfeeing? how long b4 you gave them a bottle with breastmilk? Do they eat at the same time? If they spent time in NICU, was it difficult to breast feed? I am currently breastfeeding exclusively and hope to continue for quite some time. We had to supplement in the hospital due to the glucose issues, but we went to strictly breastfeeding shortly after coming home. It was challenging in the hospital to have one in the room with me and one in NICU, but I was committed and we made it work. I think tandem nursing is the way to go because it saves so much time and I totally recommend the E-Z-2 nurse nursing pillow. I think it makes all the difference. I pretty much went with, if one is hungry, they both eat. I go back to work next week and I plan to continue nursing and pumping. My biggest piece of advice is try to stick with it because it's totally worth it.
    15. How long did it take for you to get your twins on a schedule? I'm not one that is too worried about them being on a schedule, but the last week or so we seem to have settled into a routine. I don't worry about how long in between nursing- I just nurse them when they are hungry and it works fine.
    16. When they first came home from hospital, did they sleep in your room, their room? together or apart? in what did they sleep in? They started out in one bassinet in my bedroom. They are currently in separate bassinets in my closet/bathroom (sounds bad, but it's right next to my side of the bed and is a large enough room. I have a hard time sleeping through all their noises and this lets me hear when they cry but not all the sleepy noises). They are pretty close to sleeping through the night and I will move them to their crib when they are fully their (I don't want to be making trips upstairs during the night to where the nursery is). They are currently napping in separate rooms because they keep waking each other up.
    17. If you could give one piece of advice to a new mom and a new dad what would it be?!? It's wonderful and exhausting and I don't think there is any possible way to prepare yourself for it. If anything, it's been good for me to lower my expectations of what I can accomplish during the day (which is pretty much nothing when they are awake) and I cannot procrastinate. If you get even a second to take a shower- do it, don't wait because you might not get another chance that day.

9. emp59

emp59 Well-Known Member

10. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

b]1. What was your favorite thing about Pregnancy?[/b]
    Feeling them move and many u/s

Strict bedrest and my last 3 weeks

PTL 5 times, strict bedrest, and on meds for contractions, and the boys had TTTS

4. Any crazy Dreams?!? ( I have crazy dreams all the time and now I am starting to have dreams that my girls arrive and I am not prepared)!
    Just one where someone tried to iron me

Every 2 weeks

C/S Baby A, Nathaniel was breech, and Baby B William was transverse

37 weeks 1 day

Nathaniel was 6lbs 9oz and William was 5lbs 2oz

ID boys

That they were finally here, and how much they looked like their older brother

11. how long in hospital after born? Nicu Time, if they were early, if so how long?
    4 days. William was in the NICU for 3 days due to low birth weight and feeding issues

yes

10 weeks

14. DId you breast feed your twins? If so, one tip for new moms of twins that want to breast feed? how long did you or do you plan to breastfeed? DId you pump on top of breastfeeing? how long b4 you gave them a bottle with breastmilk? Do they eat at the same time? If they spent time in NICU, was it difficult to breast feed?
    Yes I am breastfeeding them. For tips, dpn't stress yourself out about it, it makes it harder.If you can see an LC in the hospital before you leave I would recommend you do. I planned on doing it for 3 months, but now thinking of 6 months. I d pump. William has latching issues so he gets my milk in a bottle. When they both eat at once, Nathaniel also gets my milk in a bottle. William was given formula until my milk came in, then I pumped for him.

they are on a schedule from about 3 pm on. The morning is still anyones guess. The afternoon schedule started about a month ago.

16. When they first came home from hospital, did they sleep in your room, their room? together or apart? in what did they sleep in?
    they slept in their own room in the same crib from day one.

17. If you could give one piece of advice to a new mom and a new dad what would it be?!?
    Sleep when you can, get all the help you can get, and dont sweat the small stuff, like cleaning. It will get done eventually

11. k2daho

k2daho Well-Known Member

1. What was your favorite thing about Pregnancy? Feeling babies moving!

2. What was your leaast favorite thing about pregnancy? Peeing every 20 mins, not sleeping, sides going numb while lying down, HEARTBURN!, pelvic pain, stretch marks

3. DId you have any complications during pregnancy? Some contractions every ten mins or so from 30 weeks on, but it never progressed into anything :)

4. Any crazy Dreams?!? ( I have crazy dreams all the time and now I am starting to have dreams that my girls arrive and I am not prepared)! Just lots of crazy sex dreams during my first trimester.

5. How often did you see doctor for ultra sounds or just check ups? Every four weeks until mmm I can't remember which point, maybe 20 weeks? Then every two weeks til 32 weeks, then every week after that I saw my OB. Perinatologist every 4-6 weeks, ultrasounds usually every 2 -4 weeks. NSTS twice a week from 32 weeks on.

6. C/S or Vaginal Deliver? BY Choice, complications, doctors orders? Scheduled? Scheduled C/S by choice when it became apparent that I wasn't progressing and the likelihood of a failed induction (my twins were vertex/vertex but it was my first birth and my cervix was high, closed, and posterior at 38 weeks) was not worth it to me.

7. How far along were you when you delivered? How long were you in labor for? 38 weeks and 2 days!

8. How much did your twins weigh when they were born? My son (baby A) was 7 lbs 6 oz and my daughter (baby B) was 8 lbs 2 oz.

9. Twins ID, Faternal, boys, girls, both? Fraternal B/G

10. First thought when you saw your babies for the first time? Amazed at how big they were!!!

11. how long in hospital after born? Nicu Time, if they were early, if so how long? In the hospital three days. We could have gone home day two, but I decided to stay there to rest and take advantage of the good drugs :)

12. Was your partner there for you through all of it? Other than the prep for the C/S he was there we me and/or the babies every minute.

13. How old are your twins now? 10 weeks today.

14. DId you breast feed your twins? Yes
    If so, one tip for new moms of twins that want to breast feed? Be patient and stick with it! Feed them often often often in the beginning no matter how exhausting it is. In the hospital I kept them both in bed with me all night and whenever one woke I just popped a boob in...I basically breast fed all night long while sleeping.
    how long did you or do you plan to breastfeed? First mini-goal is 6 months, but hopefully a year.
    DId you pump on top of breastfeeing? I do pump once a day just to freeze milk so that my husband can give me the night off every now and then or I can go out for a while.
    how long b4 you gave them a bottle with breastmilk? I think they were 3-4 weeks old for their first bottle.
    Do they eat at the same time?No. I don't tandem, not yet. I will if it becomes easy enough to do. I think they enjoy the alone time with me too though.
    If they spent time in NICU, was it difficult to breast feed? No NICU.

15. How long did it take for you to get your twins on a schedule? SCHEDULE??? WHAT?

16. When they first came home from hospital, did they sleep in your room, their room? together or apart? in what did they sleep in? At first they slept in our bed I guess for the first two weeks or so and then we started trying to put them in the crib and at some point during the night they would come into our bed. In the crib they were together in the same one in our room. At ten weeks they still sleep in a crib in our room and often end up in our bed during the night.

17. If you could give one piece of advice to a new mom and a new dad what would it be?!? Be easy and realistic with your expectations of what you can do or how things will go with twins. Be flexible and roll with the punches.

If anyone has any other questions they want to add --feel free! I just randomly thought about these off the top of my head real quick! I love to hear about others who are going through or went through the same as me! I am 29 weeks and 1 day! :)
    [/quote]

12. jsmith

jsmith Active Member

1. What was your favorite thing about Pregnancy? Feeling the babies move
    2. What was your leaast favorite thing about pregnancy? Swelling! Started in my feet at TWO WEEKS pregnant and got progressively worse. And PUPPS.
    3. DId you have any complications during pregnancy? Gestational Diabetes
    4. Any crazy Dreams?!? ( I have crazy dreams all the time and now I am starting to have dreams that my girls arrive and I am not prepared)! Nope
    5. How often did you see doctor for ultra sounds or just check ups? Checkups every month until 25 weeks, then every two weeks until 35 weeks, then weekly until delivery. Ultrasound at 11.5 weeks, 20 weeks then monthly until delivery.
    6. C/S or Vaginal Deliver? BY Choice, complications, doctors orders? Scheduled? Scheduled c-section at 37w4d because baby A was footling breech.
    7. How far along were you when you delivered? How long were you in labor for? 37w4d
    8. How much did your twins weigh when they were born? 6lb 1oz and 6lb 2oz
    9. Twins ID, Faternal, boys, girls, both? fraternal boys
    10. First thought when you saw your babies for the first time? OMG this IS real. I was pretty doped up.
    11. how long in hospital after born? Nicu Time, if they were early, if so how long? We stayed 4 days. No NICU time
    12. Was your partner there for you through all of it? Yes, every minute.
    13. How old are your twins now? 21 weeks today
    14. DId you breast feed your twins? If so, one tip for new moms of twins that want to breast feed? how long did you or do you plan to breastfeed? DId you pump on top of breastfeeing? how long b4 you gave them a bottle with breastmilk? Do they eat at the same time? If they spent time in NICU, was it difficult to breast feed? I am exclusively pumping :( I wanted to BF but they had latching issues and were started on bottles in the hospital b/c my milk didn't come in for nearly 10 days and they needed supplementing due to low blood sugar b/c of my GD.
    15. How long did it take for you to get your twins on a schedule? We're just working our way into one now at 5 months.
    16. When they first came home from hospital, did they sleep in your room, their room? together or apart? in what did they sleep in? They shared a bassinet in our room for about a week until we realized they made way too much noise sleeping and we couldn't sleep, so we moved them into their own room (which is attached to ours). They had their own bassinets until a month, then shared a crib until about 3 months.
    [/quote]

13. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

1. What was your favorite thing about Pregnancy? Feeling my girls move!
    2. What was your least favorite thing about pregnancy? I was pretty uncomfortable by my thirty week mark. My body just didn't seem to have enough room!
    3. Did you have any complications during pregnancy? I delivered at 30 weeks. We were also monitored for twin-to-twin transfusion, but it ended up being a non-issue.
    4. Any crazy Dreams?!? ( I have crazy dreams all the time and now I am starting to have dreams that my girls arrive and I am not prepared)!I haven't ever dreamt like I did during my pregnancy! Lots of sexual dreams, which is unusual for me.
    5. How often did you see doctor for ultra sounds or just check ups?Biweekly.
    6. C/S or Vaginal Deliver? BY Choice, complications, doctors orders? Scheduled?C/S, doctors choice. It was unexpected and the girls were breech. They were also concerned about stress on the girls by delivery.
    7. How far along were you when you delivered? How long were you in labor for? I delivered at 30 weeks. I labored for several hours, but it was very mild. I had barely two hours of intense labor before they opted to do the C/S.
    8. How much did your twins weigh when they were born? 2lb7oz and 2lb12oz
    9. Twins ID, Faternal, boys, girls, both?ID girls
    10. First thought when you saw your babies for the first time?There weren't words. I felt like my heart was going to beat right out of my chest. I was instantly crazy in love.
    11. how long in hospital after born? Nicu Time, if they were early, if so how long?One did a five week NICU stay, the other is still in the step-down nursery today (edging up on seven weeks).
    12. Was your partner there for you through all of it?Emotionally, he has been my rock. Physically, he was not allowed for delivery as I was under.
    13. How old are your twins now? Six weeks.
    14. DId you breast feed your twins? If so, one tip for new moms of twins that want to breast feed? how long did you or do you plan to breastfeed? DId you pump on top of breastfeeing? how long b4 you gave them a bottle with breastmilk? Do they eat at the same time? If they spent time in NICU, was it difficult to breast feed?I pumped for two weeks and the girls were introduced to bottles at a few weeks old. Pumping while the girls were in NICU was a very hard thing physically and emotionally. I applaud people who are able to stick with it, it just wasn't for me.
    15. How long did it take for you to get your twins on a schedule? We are militant about maintaining our NICU schedule. I think it's going to save a lot of tears (mom's tears, not babies').
    16. When they first came home from hospital, did they sleep in your room, their room? together or apart? in what did they sleep in?Alexis naps in the bassinet of her pack-n-play and sleeps at night in her crib. I intend to cosleep the girls. I let them wear regular clothes, but swaddle them.
    17. If you could give one piece of advice to a new mom and a new dad what would it be?!?Don't try to be a hero! Ask for help if you need it, cry when you need to, and try to enjoy it!

14. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

1. What was your favorite thing about Pregnancy? Eating dairy, in hindsight. I ate fettuccine alfredo from the Olive Garden, pizza, milk, etc ALL THE TIME!
    2. What was your least favorite thing about pregnancy? Oh my. Here we go. http://www.twinstuff.com/forum/index.php?/topic/140773-im-done/page__p__1433011__fromsearch__1&#entry1433011
    3. DId you have any complications during pregnancy? My cervix shortened at 30 weeks. I got steroid shots & drastically reduced my activity. It lengthened & there were no further problems.
    4. Any crazy Dreams?!? ( I have crazy dreams all the time and now I am starting to have dreams that my girls arrive and I am not prepared)! I have dreams NOW/since I gave birth. My most frequent one is that I wake up thinking I'm breastfeeding. I'm only holding a pillow. My DH would wake me up to BF & I'd whine, "But I already AM!" :ibiggrin:
    5. How often did you see doctor for ultra sounds or just check ups? Once a month until 24 weeks, then every 2 weeks. Then every week starting at 30 weeks (due to the shortening) up until I gave birth.
    6. C/S or Vaginal Deliver? BY Choice, complications, doctors orders? Scheduled? http://www.twinstuff.com/forum/index.php?/topic/142429-hello-sebastian-orion/page__p__1452496__fromsearch__1&#entry1452496 is my birth story.
    9. Twins ID, Faternal, boys, girls, both? ID boys- they were di/di so I had to get a DNA test done.
    12. Was your partner there for you through all of it? I thought he would be. I actually sent him home on night 3 so he could have 8 hours of sleep as I had the nursery & nurses to help me. It went fine & he came back re-charged- it was so worth it.
    13. How old are your twins now? 5 months and change.
    14. DId you breast feed your twins? If so, one tip for new moms of twins that want to breast feed? how long did you or do you plan to breastfeed? DId you pump on top of breastfeeing? how long b4 you gave them a bottle with breastmilk? Do they eat at the same time? If they spent time in NICU, was it difficult to breast feed? Yes, I exclusively BF. I took my time making the decision to BF then as I am Type A, read everything I could to figure out how to do it with 2. I make sacrifices, which are paying off. The boys are very healthy, happy & really fat. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=60547894&id=2321992 I originally planned to BF for a year, but am considering longer due to choices about vaccines. I did pump & BF in the beginning as my big baby was slow to latch, but he 'got it' by a week old, so I stopped for a variety of reasons (it takes up time and time is precious in the beginning!) I didn't want to, but due to my lazy baby, I gave them EBM in the hospital until they were 5 days old. I would give them a few sucks then put them on, or send them to the hospital nursery for an hour with a 'snack' so I could sleep for 35 minutes. We do not own any bottles currently & don't plan to. They do eat mostly at the same time- in any week I may do an extra 3 solo feeds, but if I do, I tend to get cranky from the extra work. When 1 eats, the other 1 eats in my house. They had no NICU time.
    15. How long did it take for you to get your twins on a schedule? We went on vacation at 3 months- they were just starting to develop patterns. When we came home at about 4 months, we worked on it. It wasn't bad.
    16. When they first came home from hospital, did they sleep in your room, their room? together or apart? in what did they sleep in? They slept in bouncy chairs/swings in our room. I hated it- they are loud & snuffly. A sound machine helped, but we moved them out at around 4 months.
    17. If you could give one piece of advice to a new mom and a new dad what would it be?!? For dad's time off- take 1 week of full time, take 2 weeks of part time. Work 4 hour days so that you have help longer. Arrange help before they are born (say you know you hate doing dishes- give that chore away to someone in your life).

[/quote]

15. Fossie

Fossie Well-Known Member

1. What was your favorite thing about Pregnancy? I loved feeling them move and not having to worry about my belly poking out :)!

2. What was your leaast favorite thing about pregnancy? Heartburn and back pain.

3. DId you have any complications during pregnancy? I developed preeclampsia, but up until then was doing fine.

4. Any crazy Dreams? I did have some vivid dreams, early on but later in the pregnancy not sleeping = no dreams!

5. How often did you see doctor for ultra sounds or just check ups? I was with a perinatologist because of fibroids and my regular ob/gyn so between the two it seemed like we had ultrasounds every other week.

6. C/S or Vaginal Deliver? BY Choice, complications, doctors orders? Scheduled? I had to have a c/s due to the fibroids, but the babies never got into position to be delivered vaginally anyway. I had an emergency c-section at 34 weeks, 5 days due to the preeclampsia.

7. How far along were you when you delivered? How long were you in labor for? c/s at 34 weeks, 5 days. I was apparently having contractions at that point but I couldn't feel them and never really went into labor!

8. How much did your twins weigh when they were born? DD was 5 lbs, 9 oz and DS was 4 lbs, 14 oz.

9. Twins ID, Faternal, boys, girls, both? Boy/Girl

10. First thought when you saw your babies for the first time? I was so out of it after days of magnesium that it didn't really hit me, and I literally don't remember hours after they were born! I was still on magnesium for a day after they were delivered so I did not get to see them until two days after their birthday. For the brief time that I saw them in the delivery room I was just so happy to hear dd cry and them tell me that ds was doing ok.

11. how long in hospital after born? Nicu Time, if they were early, if so how long? I was in the hospital for a week and dd was in the NICU for 10 days, ds for 12 days.

12. Was your partner there for you through all of it? He was there every minute - he slept on the hospital couch when I was on magnesium, was in for the c-section, and then was the official videographer when he went to the NICU to bring me back video of my new babies.

13. How old are your twins now? 17 months!

14. DId you breast feed your twins? If so, one tip for new moms of twins that want to breast feed? how long did you or do you plan to breastfeed? DId you pump on top of breastfeeing? how long b4 you gave them a bottle with breastmilk? Do they eat at the same time? If they spent time in NICU, was it difficult to breast feed? I didn't really set a certain amount of time that I was going to breastfeed - I was just going to see how it went, and I learned that it wasn't for me. I pumped from the beginning and had to supplement. I pumped for about two months and then went to all formula which was essentially what they had been getting once I stopped pumping overnight. My two were poor latchers, and I was a poor pumper but we were great at bonding while bottle feeding!

15. How long did it take for you to get your twins on a schedule? We kept them on the NICU feeding schedule per doctor's orders for the first couple of months and then implemented a sleep/eating schedule that we were pretty strict on, and still are.

16. When they first came home from hospital, did they sleep in your room, their room? together or apart? in what did they sleep in? For the first couple of weeks we all slept in our bonus room - them in their double pack-n-play and us one on duty and one on the couch (dh thought he slept too hard when he was in the bed to be helpful if needed and I couldn't sleep with them in our room). Then they slept together in one crib until about 3 months and now they sleep in the same room in separate cribs.

17. If you could give one piece of advice to a new mom and a new dad what would it be?!? Find what works for you and be comfortable with it. We didn't do things exactly like everyone else, and certainly not how my mom or his parents suggested, but it worked for us and that's all that matters. We would both wake-up for feedings in the middle of the night because I would get overwhelmed with two screaming babies and it was just faster if there were two of us - that method doesn't make sense for a lot of people because nobody is getting a full night's sleep but once we just decided to do what worked for us and not worry about what we were supposed to be doing everyone was happier!

16. 2xtwins

2xtwins Well-Known Member

17. acjb2004

acjb2004 Well-Known Member

1. What was your favorite thing about Pregnancy?That I was pg with twins!
    2. What was your leaast favorite thing about pregnancy?Horrible m/s during first trimester, horrible swelling in my last trimester.
    3. DId you have any complications during pregnancy?Bleeding during first trimester
    4. Any crazy Dreams?!? ( I have crazy dreams all the time and now I am starting to have dreams that my girls arrive and I am not prepared)!Nope
    5. How often did you see doctor for ultra sounds or just check ups?I saw my ob once a month after 32 weeks I saw her every 2 weeks, for u/s it was every month
    6. C/S or Vaginal Deliver? BY Choice, complications, doctors orders? Scheduled? Vaginal, by choice
    7. How far along were you when you delivered? How long were you in labor for? 35w4d I was in labor for 7hrs
    8. How much did your twins weigh when they were born?Baby A 6.9lbs, Baby B 6.4lbs each 19inches long
    9. Twins ID, Faternal, boys, girls, both?Fraternal boys
    10. First thought when you saw your babies for the first time?Omg this is really happening
    11. how long in hospital after born? Nicu Time, if they were early, if so how long?Both boys were kept overnight in NICU and since they were doing great they were realased to regular ped nursery, they went home with me 3 days after labor
    12. Was your partner there for you through all of it?Very supportive.
    13. How old are your twins now?5 months tomorrow Valentine's Day
    14. DId you breast feed your twins? If so, one tip for new moms of twins that want to breast feed? how long did you or do you plan to breastfeed? DId you pump on top of breastfeeing? how long b4 you gave them a bottle with breastmilk? Do they eat at the same time? If they spent time in NICU, was it difficult to breast feed?I tired bfing in the hospital but both of my boys didn't know how to latch if by any chance they did they fell esleep right away, so I pumped for almost 3 weeks
    15. How long did it take for you to get your twins on a schedule?They were on the same eating schedule since day one as for sleep I always put them to togher but if one of the twins slept longer that the other I would let him it is still the rule to this day
    16. When they first came home from hospital, did they sleep in your room, their room? together or apart? in what did they sleep in? They slept and still sleep in our room in same crib we moved them to separate cribs at 2.5 months
    17. If you could give one piece of advice to a new mom and a new dad what would it be?!?Take it one minute at a time, I am sure you heard this before but get and ask for help as much as you can, my boys are 5 months and I can't remember first 2 months, but it was harder than hard thankfully my mom was here to help us. Don't worry about clean house and other chores, you and the babies are number 1 priority.

18. mandywellman

Oh I love reading all these posts! I learn so much from them! i love hearing everyons stories and helps me think about what I am getting ready to go though!! 30 weeks tommorow. YEA! Thanks everyone for responding! Keep em' coming!

19. timba09

timba09 Well-Known Member

1. What was your favorite thing about Pregnancy? Feeling my babies move! They made me wait a long time for that though...felt movement for first time at around 24ish wks.

2. What was your least favorite thing about pregnancy? The hideous swelling, carpal tunnel syndrome, intense hip and back pain. I'm 5'3 so there was just no room in the womb after awhile. No cute little baby bump here. Also being pregnant for the first time, I was scared I wouldn't be able to recognize normal pregnancy issues vs. things that could be true emergency situations so I was always very guarded.

3. DId you have any complications during pregnancy? I bled throughout the first trimester, but very common, so I wouldn't call it a complication that put the pregnancy in danger (in my case). At 30ish wks my BP started rising, but no protein in urine. We delivered a week early at 36 wks due to concern for baby B not growing over the previous two weeks, and BP increasing at a faster than it had been previously. At that point the doctors said it's time to go get 'em.

4. Any crazy Dreams?!? Nope. I don't think I ever slept long enough at a stretch to be able to dream, lol.

5. How often did you see doctor for ultra sounds or just check ups? Monthly to 30 wks, then bi-monthy.

6. C/S or Vaginal Deliver? BY Choice, complications, doctors orders? Scheduled? Scheduled c/s for 37 wks, but admitted at 36 wks for delivery. Babies were never in optimum position for vaginal delivery. (Both were either transverse or transvers/breech for most of pregnancy).

7. How far along were you when you delivered? How long were you in labor for? 36 wks on the dot. No labor.

8. How much did your twins weigh when they were born? Baby Boy A was 5 lbs 2 oz; Baby Girl B was 4 lbs 1 oz.

9. Twins ID, Faternal, boys, girls, both? Boy/Girl.

10. First thought when you saw your babies for the first time? I can't believe these perfect little babies are mine.

11. how long in hospital after born? Nicu Time, if they were early, if so how long? No NICU, we all went home on day 5 from the hospital.

12. Was your partner there for you through all of it? Through every second of it. He's the absolute best.

13. How old are your twins now? Just turned 9 months.

14. DId you breast feed your twins? If so, one tip for new moms of twins that want to breast feed? how long did you or do you plan to breastfeed? DId you pump on top of breastfeeing? how long b4 you gave them a bottle with breastmilk? Do they eat at the same time? If they spent time in NICU, was it difficult to breast feed? Well I had planned to exclusively BF but had latching issues, even visited a LC a couple times for assistance. I fed on demand and still do. I pumped for first 10 weeks and bottle fed EBM and supplemented with formula. My milk supply was great in the beginning but eventually diminished to practically nothing due to fatigue, not eating/drinking enough, not pumping often enough, stress, etc. It was my biggest disappointment because it was the one thing that I really wanted to do. I had to let that go though and when I did, a great weight was lifted. Sorry I have no advice or tips in the BF department.

15. How long did it take for you to get your twins on a schedule? No schedule in the true sense of the word here, but we do rely on routine. We're not scheduled people; they eat when hungry and sleep when tired. Having said that, they did fall into a nice routine around 3-4 months on their own.

16. When they first came home from hospital, did they sleep in your room, their room? together or apart? in what did they sleep in? To be honest, they slept wherever the first three months...in our room together in the co-sleeper (sometimes), or on top of us (usually) as they did not like the bouncy seats or the swing. We transferred them to their own cribs at three months where they did well.

Okay. Not something most people talk openly about but it's important: Recognize that postpartum depression/anxiety can happen to anyone and if you suspect you have it, TELL YOUR DOCTOR SOONER RATHER THAN LATER. I had no problems during the pregnancy with hormonal/emotional issues, but that hormone ride on the way back down after delivery was intense and I was walking around in crisis mode but didn't realize it at the time. The first several months of my babies' lives are a blur and not a good one at that. I'm a strong person and have great support system, but some things are just too big to handle by yourself. Even the coolest of cucumbers sometimes need help.

20. genagoodrow

genagoodrow Well-Known Member

All the positive attention. All sorts of people were wonderful to me.

Swollen ankles. Terrible "morning" sickness. Mostly I loved it all.

3. Did you have any complications during pregnancy?

Twins! Other than that, none.

I dreamt I played poker with my single 2 day old baby. Guess my subconscious didn't know I was carrying twins yet! Discovered at 19 weeks, and a total surprise. And some good sex dreams as I remember . . .

Monthly visits, until the last month or so, when every 2 weeks. Monthly u/s after 19 weeks.

6. C/S or Vaginal Deliver? By Choice, complications, doctors orders? Scheduled?

Vaginal, no real complications. As a first time mom, labor took longer than it might have. And the babies were vertex - vertex but a little tangled. One head over another shoulder. It took some finagling.

39 weeks. Started labor with castor oil, so it's hard to say exactly how long. Longer than I liked.

6.11 and 5.12

Di-di identicals, DNA tested at 15 months.

First I couldn't believe what I was seeing, and then all I could think of was working on getting Baby B safely delivered. I was all business.

Born at home, perfect apgars, no NICU

Every gory minute!

2 years last week.

14. Did you breast feed your twins? If so, one tip for new moms of twins that want to breast feed? how long did you or do you plan to breastfeed? DId you pump on top of breastfeeing? how long b4 you gave them a bottle with breastmilk? Do they eat at the same time? If they spent time in NICU, was it difficult to breast feed?

We're still breastfeeding about 4 times a day, and I pump twice at work M - Th. Not a drop of formula. May wean soon, but they still ask for mommy's milk. Advice, just do it! Yes, it hurts more than anyone tells you at first. But do it and just consider it normal, what you're going to do. It helps to have full term twins.

8-10 weeks, but we pushed it because I was returning to work.

At first in a Pack n Play in our bedroom, then together in a crib, then separate cribs.

Get organized and line up lots of help! And have a good time before b-day!

21. AmyH

AmyH Well-Known Member

I always loved reading these while pregnant!

1. What was your favorite thing about Pregnancy? Knowing there were 2 babies!
    2. What was your leaast favorite thing about pregnancy? The pain, I always was having aches and pains.. And not being able to keep up with my 2 year old.
    3. DId you have any complications during pregnancy? Nope
    4. Any crazy Dreams?!? at 7weeks pregnant (before we knew we were having twins) I started having the same dream over and over that I was breastfeeding 2 babies while my 2 year old played on the floor in front of us, then he would come up and kiss both of their heads.. At my 8 week dr. appt we found out it was twins.. (twins don't run in our families so we didn't expect it).. :)
    5. How often did you see doctor for ultra sounds or just check ups? A LOT.. I saw my OB every 4 weeks until 28 weeks then it was every 2 weeks, and the perinatalogist every 2 or 3 weeks until 36 weeks ( had at least 1 dr apt every week from about 28 weeks on). Plus starting at 32 weeks I started having 2 non stress tests a week, so basically from 32 weeks on I had 3 apts a week. Wow I saw the dr's a lot, I had an ultrasound at every appointment I had, even the NSTs..
    6. C/S or Vaginal Deliver? BY Choice, complications, doctors orders? Scheduled? Vaginal!
    7. How far along were you when you delivered? How long were you in labor for? 36wk 5 days, 3cm and 80% at dr apt 10 am, went for walk in afternoon, contractions started at 5, got to hospital at 10:30pm, 4cm 80%, epidural at 11pm, Baby A born at 11:31, Baby B born at 11:35, both head down!
    8. How much did your twins weigh when they were born? Both weighed 5lb 14oz and 18inches
    9. Twins ID, Faternal, boys, girls, both? idnetical boys
    10. First thought when you saw your babies for the first time? They are so tiny!!!
    11. how long in hospital after born? Nicu Time, if they were early, if so how long? no nicu, we all 3 left at 4pm saturday afternoon, so like 40 hours in hospital.
    12. Was your partner there for you through all of it? he was there for the birth and that first night, he had to come take care of our two year old and came back a few times to see us.. Our 2 year old wasn't able to come to hospital because of flu regulations..
    13. How old are your twins now? about 10 weeks.
    14. DId you breast feed your twins? If so, one tip for new moms of twins that want to breast feed? how long did you or do you plan to breastfeed? DId you pump on top of breastfeeing? how long b4 you gave them a bottle with breastmilk? Do they eat at the same time? If they spent time in NICU, was it difficult to breast feed? I wasn't supported in the hospital to breastfeed, they were supplimented (against my wishes) in the hospital, from the day we got home they haven't had formula but weren't good nursers and quickly got lazy at the breast so I pump and give them bottles.
    15. How long did it take for you to get your twins on a schedule? schedule?! What's a schedule?! We are just now starting to get to bed at a "regular" time.. Last night was 8 pm, tonight was 8:30, for about 5 days they've been going into their crib awake at night, and putting themselves to sleep though!
    16. When they first came home from hospital, did they sleep in your room, their room? together or apart? in what did they sleep in? they sleep together in a crib in my room.
    17. If you could give one piece of advice to a new mom and a new dad what would it be?!? Take all of the help you can get, I didn't cook dinner for the first two weeks we were home and it was such a huge blessing, schedule people to come help through-out the first several months.. After that first month when the "excitement" wears off, everyone else goes back to their lives and you are still wanting/needing help! :)

22. jromkey

jromkey Well-Known Member

23. JoMomma

JoMomma Active Member

1. What was your favorite thing about Pregnancy?I would have to say feeling the twins move... I just loved feeling them...
    2. What was your least favorite thing about pregnancy?My pubic bone was always killing me.
    3. DId you have any complications during pregnancy?Not until I delivered at 33 weeks. Up til then I was fine...
    4. Any crazy Dreams?!?I had a dream that I was pregnant with twins, and sure enough I was...
    5. How often did you see doctor for ultra sounds or just check ups?Every 4 weeks to 20 weeks, then every week because my cervix was changing a little.
    6. C/S or Vaginal Deliver? BY Choice, complications, doctors orders? Scheduled?Vaginal delevery at 33 weeks...
    7. How far along were you when you delivered? How long were you in labor for? I was 33 weeks along, I was in labor for 48 hours long enough for the steroids to help the babies lungs.
    8. How much did your twins weigh when they were born?4.1 and 3.15
    9. Twins ID, Faternal, boys, girls, both? Faternal boy and girl
    10. First thought when you saw your babies for the first time?OMG their so tiny and wrinkled! lol
    11. how long in hospital after born? Nicu Time, if they were early, if so how long? Exactly 1 month
    12. Was your partner there for you through all of it? Oh yes thank god.
    13. How old are your twins now?They are almost 7 months old, about 5.5 corrected...
    14. DId you breast feed your twins? If so, one tip for new moms of twins that want to breast feed? how long did you or do you plan to breastfeed? DId you pump on top of breastfeeing? how long b4 you gave them a bottle with breastmilk? Do they eat at the same time? If they spent time in NICU, was it difficult to breast feed? Still nursing, it was very hard at the start, but we got the hang of it...
    15. How long did it take for you to get your twins on a schedule? Still not on one...
    16. When they first came home from hospital, did they sleep in your room, their room? together or apart? in what did they sleep in? Together in a crib in our room...
    17. If you could give one piece of advice to a new mom and a new dad what would it be?!? Hang in there, you will make it!

24. mandywellman

Thanks to everyone for sharing their birth stories I know everyone loves reading them exp us ladies getting or already in our thrird trimester!!! :) Please keep on posting- Its great!

25. Aimless

Aimless Member

the kicks

not sleeping at the end

my bp went up, but not bad

nope

not nearly as much as most people, once a month checkups, 3 ultrasounds

C/S after baby B fliped to transverse

38w1d

6lb 10oz
    6lb 12oz

identical boys

hmm, so that is what you look like...

not a minute of NICU time

yep!

6 months

Yes, after 2 months we switched to pump and feed, due to feeding issues, i still live with my pump.

maybe 3 months?

they slept on my lap, i slept in a recliner, boobs out, and they would snack all night long, it was not ideal, but we all got some much needed sleep

whatever you choose is the right choice!