Survivor Redemption Island

Discussion in 'General' started by Chrissy Nelson, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

The cast has been announced. http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/41006341/ns/today-entertainment/ It looks like 2 former suvivors are coming back and they are predicting it is Russell and Boston Rob.

2. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind seeing Boston Rob play again. His life has changed a lot since his cocky young days. I'm not saying he still wouldn't be a lying manipulative player, but he would be one that could possibly redeem himself. As for Russell, we've BTDT too recently, I hope it isn't him.

3. Chrissy Nelson

I think if they bring anyone back they will get voted off early.

4. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

It is Rob and Russell. These two have already faced each other and Russell won the battle. It will be interesting to see how long either of them last this time around.

5. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

Are they going to keep letting Russel come back till he wins? Not looking forward to that. I am probably in the minority, but I love Boston Rob! I am looking forward to see him again.

6. Katheryn

Katheryn Well-Known Member

I love Boston Rob, too. He was one of my favorite players. I did NOT like Russell, either time he played. The changes they are making sound interesting though. I think they really needed to do something to spice up the game. It's been quite pretty lackluster the past few seasons.

7. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

I agree. I hate Russell. He just doesn't get it. He thinks he is the best survivior player ever even though he didn't win.. he doesnt understand that unless you win over the jury through the social game, you will not win. That bums me out they are letting him back for a third time in like 2 years or whatever it is. He doesn't deserve it.

It sure feels like the powers that be wants Russell to win.

I love Boston Rob too.

8. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

I'd be fine with Boston Rob being on the show EVERY season. I just love him. He cracks me up. As for the season itself, I'm not sure I"m digging the set up of it with the island and the battle it out. Doesn't seem like a huge, amazing twist and after this last, fairly lame season, I'm really hoping for things to be a lot more captivating. I mean, I was happy with the winner, but overall it was one of the more boring seasons. IMO

9. Chrissy Nelson

When does this come back on?

10. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

11. Chrissy Nelson

Great thank you. I am one of the few that enjoy seeing Russell, but am not a Rob fan at all. if I was on that cast though I would vote them both out right away, which could be a twist since there is redemption island.

12. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

I am a fan of Rob, but this will be his fourth attempt, so I just don't think he will make it extremely long. I think his popularity (as far as being in the public eye) will work against him.

13. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

I would think a smart move would be to vote off both the veterans right away. That said, I've thought that during several seasons and they never seem to do it. If you really think about it, both guys will get a following just because they have managed to make it to the end in at least one season, even if they didn't win. Wouldn't you want to align with the guy that can get you as far as that?

14. Chrissy Nelson

But think about it, they could vote them off they could go to redemption island and still one of them could make it all the way. That would be impressive.

15. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Ugh, not a fan of Rob at all. He drives me absolutely bonkers! Russell doesn't bother me as much, but I imagine his game will have to be very different this time since everyone knows who he is & how he has played in the past.

16. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Rob lover. (It's the whole Bawstin thing. :wub: )

Russell hater. :bad: But I do have to give him credit for getting so many people sucked into his devious plans. :rolleyes:

17. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

Yeah ! :)

I don't really get why Rob and Russ are even coming back on though .. it's not like an All Star show.

18. Chrissy Nelson

I read that Rob and Russell will be team captains and that they will have immunity until the merge. So it could add a nice twist to the show.

19. Chrissy Nelson

OMG how crazy is the Federal Agent? He totally was like Chunk from Goonies at tribal council. Loved it.

20. Utopia122

Agent Asinine is completely OUT OF HIS MIND. WTF, he's probably going to make it all the way to the end! He's a completely loose cannon; and totally delusional about being a federal agent. I think he's missing a few tools in his toolshed. But, boy did he make the show interesting!!

21. twinstuff2

twinstuff2 Well-Known Member

Gee I sure hope that isn't the case. They didn't say anything about that last night. I would think with the Redemption Island twist (which still seems silly to me), that they don't need additional immunity.

The FBI guy was nuts as the others said, but the other two ladies (Christina and Francesca) also made some silly mistakes last night. None of the three are long for the season I'd say. The FBI guy's choice of underwear might have been the single-most unfortunate wardrobe choice in the 20-plus seasons of Survivor.

I did enjoy Boston Rob's dig at the end during tribal council when he talked about playing with amateurs.

22. Chrissy Nelson

What you would not wear those, all the time, with no pants and a button down sleeveless shirt?? :unsure: That is going to be the next big thing you mark my word.

I am not sure I could seriously carry on a conversation with someone walking around in those. Devon asked why they just do not bring swim trunks.

I think crazy train with his outburst is not going to have anyone align with him. I mean would you trust him??

23. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

You know what always confuses me, do the contestants think they are going in for some sort of interview where they are then whisked off for their journey? I mean if I knew I was about to be shuttled off to the jungle I would be dressed like Rob and Russell (did you notice they both showed up in a lot of layers), not in high heels and sport coats.

Phillip was insane. That said, I don't think Rob will target him right away because he won't see him as a threat. Rob might even pull him into an "alliance" just to keep him on a short rope. Christina would have been wise to allie up with Rob, going after him at the get go probably bought her a quick ticket to Redemption Island.

24. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

I hate to say it, but I hope that tribe follows the fate of every other tribe that has intentionally thrown a competition. Now we get to see just how good Russell is at challenges.

25. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I don't like Rob but like Russell's deviousness. I do not like Ralph with his man-sweater. :bad:

As to Phillip's underwear- that was so gross. He could be wearing bathing trunks. Nobody wants to see all that. :bad:

26. Utopia122

I like Ralph! Maybe it's because I see farmers like that ALL the time around here. Russell has totally discounted him, but I think he'll stick around for a while. I am so glad Russell is on Redemtion and hope that Matt will kick his tail. I would love to see Matt come back and give Rob some payback. He was so blindsided and just a stupid reason to vbote him off because he was a good sport...I, personally, would have went over and congratulated them, but hey, what harm was that. Good strategic move...I'm sure that is what Rob saw.

27. Chrissy Nelson

I do not think any of these people are playing very smart.

And seriously why does nobody wear swim suits or trunks?

28. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

Have they gotten them yet? Usually they have some challenge that needs their tennis shoes and/or swimwear and they get them.

29. Chrissy Nelson

Those pink undies are GROSS. Poor Russell :(

30. twoplustwo

ITA!

He is Crazy! Get him and those nasty undies off the island!!!!

I have to say I was laughing so hard at seeing Russell crying when he lost the challenge on redemption island. SO glad to see him go!

31. Utopia122

I was really surprised to see Russell break down like that. I kind of thought it was more out of surprise...you know, he couldn't believe he actually lost. I did not for a second believe all that other stuff he started saying after his break down. However, I definitely think the farmboy made a mistake by acting like he was going to pull out his idol and then played it off (which he did not do a good job of) and now the other side knows he has one.

32. Utopia122

Can someone update me on this week's episode? I TiVo'd it, but a big storm hit, and the entire hour was storm coverage :( Now I am a week behind and have no clue what happened!! Who was voted off, who won the redemption island challenge...details, details!! TIA

33. twoplustwo

With Spring break I totally forgot to watch it! I need an update too.

34. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Ok. I watched it- you can go to cbs.com to watch it, too, if you want more details. ;)

Krista was voted off and went to Redemption Island where she and Matt shared their Christian values. They decided that it would be God's will as to who one... and Matt eventually did win although Krista did a fairly good job. The challenge was using a grappling hook to hook 3 little bags. After getting all 3, they had to open 1 up for a ball. The ball was used in one of those boards with the holes in it where you tip it; a maze, I guess. Krista led until her ball fell through, opening the door for Matt who wasn't far behind. So Matt's still at Redemption Island.

The challenge was for a lunch away and immunity; Stephanie started sucking up to Russel's old tribe. The old guy she voted for (Steve, maybe?) was very hurt that she voted for him. :rolleyes:

Rob's team dominated b/c of the guy who was from the NFL- Grant- he just caught every ball that was thrown his way and then some. They had to catch a ball catapulted into the air- both tribes sent a ball up and it didn't matter who's ball you caught. First to 5 won.

Rob's camp was divided as Philip, Agent Wacko, went off the deep end b/c the 2 lazy girls didn't do anything with the fire or anything except pick eachothers' ingrown hairs or trim armpit hair. :rolleyes: Rob played mediator to help keep them winning.

Russell's camp is divided, too. David wants Stephanie to stay, and get rid of Sirita, who is loyal but really weak evidently. Sirita annoys the crap out of everybody, too. Stephanie and David made a good case for Stephanie, but that tribe still kept Sirita and voted out Stephanie.

I think that's about it. ;)

35. Utopia122

Thanks, Michelle! I didn't realize i could watch it on cbs.com.