Surgery at only 17 weeks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by ward, Mar 30, 2011.

1. ward

ward Well-Known Member

Sunday morning I woke up with a pretty bad pain on my right side. Thinking that it was just one of the twins ontop of my cyst i moved to a different position and took some tylenol. When that didn't work i woke up my husband at 5am and told him i thought i needed to go to the ER. When we got to the ER the pain started to get worse. They gave me Norco which didn't work on the pain at all so then they tried givin me morfine which i threw up. Then they gave me something called diloted and that worked and took most of the pain away. They then sent me in for an ultrasound and we saw both babies were doing just fine both moving and jumping around. We also found they are once again meassuring a week ahead of what we thought. So then we got sent back to the er to wait for the ER doctor. He came in and told me that i had a cyst of about 10cm on my ovarie and he would be having my ob come in and talk to me. Whem my doctor came in he gave me two options either go home and take norco for pain (which didn't work at the ER) or go in for surgery. My husband being of a right mind asked what the risk would be to the twins during surgery and our doctor said 2% chance we would misscarrie. I decided to go ahead and schedule the surgery for that day. They got me preped and did a spinal so that way most of the medicine wouldn't go to the twins and they preceded to take my right ovarie and a very large cyst out which had actually twisted it. The doctor during surgery even said it was a good that i decided for surgery instead of waiting cuz i probably would have been right back in the ER and we would have had to do surgery anyway. Once i got back to my room i ate some clear foods like chicken broth and jello and went to sleep the best i could in a hospital with the nurses coming and checking every few hours. The next day we had an ultrasound on the babies to double check and both were doing so great it was awesome to see them moving the hearts beating and hearing the heart beating and then one of them even rolled over lol it was too cute. I was so extatic to see them still alive. So i ended up spending one more night in the hospital mainly because it was very hard to move around the incesion he had to make was a lot larger than my c section incesion from my last pregnancy and so im a lot more sore but i am at home today and its getting easier to move around and im able to sit up a lot longer with out feeling sick. Tomorrow i go into the doctors office to get the staples removed not sure if they will check the babies again or not. i really hope so i do love seeing them lol =)

1 person likes this.
  2. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:hug: Wow, what an ordeal you have been through. Sounds like the surgery was the best option and glad things went well. :hug: Take it easy and give yourself time to recover. I had an ovarian cyst removed my senior year of high school (this is before they could/would do them laproscopically) and it was not a fun recovery.

3. Henderson

Henderson Well-Known Member

Wow, glad all 3 of you are doing better!! I have some friends that have had cyst issues. But I hope you get back to normal ASAP! :)

4. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness!!! That is awful! I am so glad the babies are ok and that you choose to go ahead with the surgery!! I hope the soreness goes away soon and you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!!

5. ward

ward Well-Known Member

thank you ladies!!!! I am doing much better since getting out of the hospital feeling less and less sore it seems by the hour and have only needed to have pain meds once today which is good.

6. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

I am gad everything went well. Hopefully the rest of your pregnancy will be uneventful!

7. ward

ward Well-Known Member

im hoping it will be, but i did forget to mention they also found two kidney stones and a gall blatter stone lol they said that none of those were bothering me i felt like telling them duh lol

8. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Wow. I'm so sorry. No woman should have to have surgery WHILE pregnant. You are a trooper, though.

9. HRE

HRE Well-Known Member

:hug: You poor thing! So happy the babies are well and you are doing great :Clap:

10. ward

ward Well-Known Member

thank you ladies, now its all about getting the staples out, just praying that i feel better cuz right now im feeling like i have morning sickness all over again ugh!!!

11. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

Wow, you went through a lot. Good luck and I hope you recover fast and have an easy pregnacy from now on.

12. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Dang, you are a tough lady! I'm sorry you had to deal with it, but it sounds as if you can handle anything. That's good practice for twins. ;)

13. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Glad the surgery went well, hope your recovery does as well, take care!! :hug:

14. ward

ward Well-Known Member

thank you. So far so good staples came out today but i think i had one of the kidney stones acting up so i uped my water intake and took a motrin. They have perscribed me SO many pain relievers its hard to know what i should take, but the ob said that they are all fine and wont harm the babies