Suppertime

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by rayceryin12, Feb 6, 2014.

1. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

My boys are 17 months. They have recently started refusing dinner or eating very little. They have been BLW babies throughout and have always been very good eaters. It might be teething, but I'm not sure.

Thoughts?

2. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Just go with it. They know what they need. If you're really worried about overall intake it's better to track consumption over the course of a week than to look at any one specific meal. If your kids are anything like my kids they'll tank up a couple of times a week and then graze the rest of the time.

3. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We went through this with Annabelle this year. I had to keep reminding myself that while babies in the first year usually triple their weight, in the second year they usually only gain 2-3 ish pounds. So of course they aren't going to eat a ton every meal, every day and maybe they have an off couple of days. But they will come out of it. :)

4. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I agree with Rachel and Michelle.   Teething could also play into why they are not wanting to eat as much, I noticed that when my two were teething.

5. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yep what the other ladies said exactly! :)

6. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

Thanks! We are rolling with it! I'm sure they will be back to their piggy selves in no time!