Super moms!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by rinaownsu, Nov 2, 2014.

1. rinaownsu

rinaownsu Active Member

I frequently log in to this forum to check if there are any new topics and there never is. So I said to myself "Why is this forum so dormant?" I laughed and then remembered, duhhhhhhhhh this forum is dedicated to moms with multiples!! We don't have time for anything!!!!!!!!

What do you moms do to save time or do things more effeciantly ? Let's all share some tips and tricks.

My trick to leave the house on time is to alwayssssss have your diaper bag packed and ready to go! It will make leaving the house on time possible!

1 person likes this.
  2. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

Be organized. Have good time management!

3. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I used to keep a clean shirt or two by the front door. I'd change shirts right before I left and change back when I got home. This significantly decreased the number of times I went into public covered in baby vomit/snot/poop/etc. ;)

4. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I have to agree with keeping the diaper bag stocked.  I also kept some extra supplies of diapers, wipes, plastic bags (for when blowouts happened) and a change of clothes in the car.

5. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I kept a box in the car with more extras of everything, diapers, wipes, clothes for everyone, snacks, etc.

6. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

I kept a bag of extras in my car like Kate. We also prepped all bottles, etc the day before so that we wouldn't feel frazzled when trying to get places.

And the forums are only active if you post, so thanks for joining us! :)

7. mommymauro

mommymauro Well-Known Member

i too keep a "back up" of everything in my car ... and the diaper bag READY (checked before i went to bed almost every night)... i just found that car stash in my sow and go this weekend  :blink:  ... those clothes were sooooo tiny compared to the giant 6 1/2 year olds i have now  :(

8. rinaownsu

rinaownsu Active Member

I also keep the formula and cereal quantities ready in those dispensers (i have like 4). Bottles washed and prepared with baby water is a must! Back up pacifiers in every corner.

What about the laundry? Has anyone mastered any tricks for that souble stack of laundry?

9. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

If you find a trick, let me know! We do laundry almost every night in our house. I suppose that's a form of "managing" it, but I still hate laundry!

10. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I have a designated laundry day. Now that my kids are older they help. Before their bedtime on Friday, they bring me all their laundry and help me sort it. I start the first load before they go to bed. Usually, once we're finished the bedtime routine I can put the second load in. Before I go to bed, I put the third load in. Sheets and towels are done Saturday morning. I try and fold and put away on Saturday but that often doesn't happen because Saturday. Justin does his own laundry.

11. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

I usually wash every second or third day, basically by the time we usually have one load of hot/white/light-coloured clothes and one of dark clothes. I don't like letting the pile get too big. But I also have a traditional wash day - I wash delicates and bedding on Mondays, that just seems to work well for our weekly schedule.

I often sort laundry for washing and load a machine and even fold while the big kids are having their baths or showers. I still losely supervise bathtime and maybe help with rinsing shampoo but I don't have be in the bathroom all the time.

12. mommymauro

mommymauro Well-Known Member

i do laundry every Tue and Fri no matter what (if a birthday lands on that day... its still getting done). Tue the younger dudes bedding gets washed and Fri the oldest and ours gets washed (of course this wasn't so perfect when we were in the "accident" phase of no more pull ups). i found i don't hate it as much just knowing that's when it gets done and that's that... it never sneaks up on me and i always have what i need clean... don't know if this is a secret... its just what i found to work in our family  :good:

13. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Its been a long time since my girls were little enough for me to post in this forum.  But reading the responses brings back memories!  I had the diaper bag packed and ready in the front hall always (got home, restocked it immediately or I would forget).  Kept extra clothes, diapers, and wipes in the car.  Made a day's worth of bottles every night so I had them handy during the day.  I did (and still try to do) a load of laundry every day or every other day.  I hate when it piles up!  I lowered my standards for neatness.  The house was always clean, but it wasn't always neat.  

Good luck first year moms!  Take lots of pictures and video :)

14. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

Looking back I remember a couple of things that made things a little easier:
    I agree with PPs on keeping the diaper bag stocked and ready to go at any time.
    Baths do not have to happen every day (before they crawl babies do not really get that dirty) and they do not have to happen at bedtime, they can be playtime instead and help you over a fussy half hour or happen when you have someone to help and amuse the other baby.
    Keep a folder for each baby with medical records, medications, fever charts and keep it somewhere handy so you can grab it while heading out of the door in an emergency or just to the doctor's office. I remember being asked about how the fever developed and which medications the babies had had and not being able to sort out who had been given what when in my sleep deprived state.
    Take pictures of the babies together and separately and with you and DH in them!