Suggestions for spending at BRU New here- hi all

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by brooke78, Feb 12, 2008.

1. brooke78

brooke78 Well-Known Member

We received a $150 gift card for BRU but really don't shop ther much anymore. I think we have all the "big" things from cribs to exersaucers to jumperoos to carseats, etc.

I could use some suggestions on what to spend the $ on.
    TIA

( I usually get diapers and food cheaper elsewhere.)

I look forward to sharing and learning on the 1-4 forum. My little ones turned 1 on Feb 2nd. and I am really enjoying all the new things that they do.

2. bridgeport

bridgeport Well-Known Member

I'd go for toys, if there's anything they didn't already get for Christmas and their Birthday!! They have some good toys there that go up to toddler age level. Or something like the leapfrog little leaps pad (I might be getting the name wrong, but it's something like that) and a few books to go with it could eat up your money pretty quickly. My boys love it!

Other than that, I'd probably just get the basics that toddlers always need.....sippy cups, silverware, bowls, clothes, shoes, etc.

If you just can't find anything and you're itching to get rid of the card, let me know and I'll PM you my address. :lol:

Happy shopping!!

ETA: You could also check and see if you can use it at Toys R Us instead for a bigger toy selection. I know their coupons are interchangeable, so maybe the gift cards are also?

3. brooke78

Thanks, the Leap frog thing sounds like a good idea.

I need to learn all about the whole leap frog line of toys BTW

I wonder if the GC is goood at Toys r us.

Thanks, again :D

I'l let you know if I need your email addy. lol

4. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

Cooshie Boosters or some other kind of booster chair for the table as they get older so that they can enjoy meals at the table with the family
    Toys (Leap Frog stuff or bath toys)
    Toddler Beds (I know it is early but you could save the card to invest in those later)
    Toy box
    A lightweight double umbrella stroller (like the Jeep one)

5. AshleyLD

AshleyLD Well-Known Member

they work at toys r us! and the other way around.. :) i would go for clothes...

6. brooke78

Kate thanks

I love the idea of a toy box.

I have a Mac twin and a baby jogger twin. But you made me wonder---Do twin mommies use single strollers? do ya think?

Toddler Beds- wow 00 will time continue to fly? :huh:

Booster seats. I still love the confinement of my Hchairs--- didn't think that far ahead----sheesh lot's to learn, huh?!!!?!?!?!!?!?!!?!?

Thanks, again

7. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

QUOTE(brooke78 @ Feb 12 2008, 09:59 PM) [snapback]618471[/snapback]
    But you made me wonder---Do twin mommies use single strollers?

It depends. I've often wished I had a single stroller, but that's because my twins are at daycare and I occasionally have one of them home sick by herself. If I were a SAHM, I'd probably never need one.

I'd go for childproofing stuff -- toilet locks, outlet covers, baby gates -- unless you have all that already.

OTOH, that's not very fun -- a toy box would be a lot funner. :D

8. PK

PK Active Member

Some ideas,
    Books, coloring books, puzzles(large ones with the animals, shapes, number, etc)
    Toy box is a great idea.
    My girls never went in booster seats. They stayed confined in the high chair until almost 3 and then to the big table. We never used toddler beds either. At 2.5 from crib to twin beds.

You could also just save it until you think of what you need. I saved up a lot of ours from birthdays, holidays and bought a big outside playhouse.

oh ya, clothes is always something they will need :) and no, you dont need a single stroller just yet(maybe a cheap one, if you decide to take one child out alone to the mall or something)......that maclaren will last you forever and it is a terrific stroller that you can use everywhere!!

Have fun shopping

9. doubledownmom

doubledownmom Well-Known Member

I would use it at Toys R Us. Do you have good DVDs? My girl love Elmo! Do you have the Fisher Price Laugh & Learn Learning house?.....

Also, you could get outside toys such as Cozy Coupes, a Playhouse, a Step 2 slide, a wagon, etc, etc...

10. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

Well if you can use it at TRU, I would get some outdoor toys!

But I wanted to add...we did buy two single strollers right after they turned one (nothing fancy, just the Baby Trend kind with baskets and drink holders). Anytime DH (or my mom) and I went somewhere together with the kids, we brought the two single strollers; so like the zoo, the mall, etc. we brought the two strolelrs. I LOVED having them and would do it again in a heartbeat if I had another set of twins.

11. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

Another "planning for the future" item would be crib tents. :) You'll need those within the next year because you aren't going to want to switch the twins to toddler beds soon unless you have very good kids.

Unless there is something you are itching to get, I'd save the card. Something you really want will come to you and then you can use it then.

12. Angela0580

Angela0580 Well-Known Member

I will be boring! DIAPERS! You always need those :)

13. brooke78

Wow :rolleyes:

You all are great!

I think I'l hang on and go to TRU---so great that the GC is good there. Maybe when the weather gets better there will be this big "love to have "item.

I also like the idea of DVDs.

Yes, Angela diapers are boring but they are needed!!!!!!!!!! I try to put Amy and Matthew in huggies overnites and they are costly. I remember when I switched to luvs at BJs and could not believe how much less they cost. But I am not willing to give up the huggies overnites.

I will check to see what toys are at BRU--if I remember they are just for younger babies. I can't believe we have almost outgrown that store.

I also think outdoor play things is a really good idea.

Thanks, all for your suggestions. :) :)

14. first_second_and_last

first_second_and_last Well-Known Member

Definitely toys. I can still get toys there for my kids. I think they have a broad range. Also, when they put clothes on clearance, they are CHEAP. I've bought lots of things.

Sippys, plates, silverware, child-proofing items are recent purchases (past the baby phase).

Admittedly, I don't go there near as much as we used to, but it still has its place for us.

15. cael0816

cael0816 Well-Known Member

I say clothes. they have the cutest clothes and they are very reasonably prices. They also have cute shoes!