subchorionic hemorrhage

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by CUBSPANN, May 25, 2008.

1. CUBSPANN

CUBSPANN Member

Hi I AM GRAMLIM,
    I am new here I am the mother of my daughter 31 who has been trying to have a child now for the last 5 years. She found out she is having TWINS... and we feel so blessed. She has done foster care for a year our more and it was really a rewarding experince for her but it was also heart breaking when they had to go. she has pulmanary stenoisos a heart valve that was fixed at 13 years old. She was told she could have children but a heat Dr. needed to be present for the delivery.
    Yesterday she started bleeding she 12 weeks due Dec 3rd. they did a sonagram and said babies were fine .PRAISE GOD. Put her on bed rest until she sees DR. on Tues. have any of you had this and how serious is it. I did read some on it and it sounds somewhat common. They did ask her if she and her husband had intercourse and she is worried about that causing that.

2. Jenn G

Jenn G Well-Known Member

I don't have any advice personally but I know I've seen a lot of people here who have had subchorionic hemorrhages that go on to have healthy babies. I'm sure someone will post some encouraging advice. Congratulations on your twin grandbabies!

3. heathertwins

heathertwins Well-Known Member

I had "some bleeding" after sex, someone told me it was due to the increased amount of blood in the swollen cervix. I didn't have sex for sometime after that incident. Her situation may be different and the doctor may recommend bedrest. There is a section on this site for women on bed rest she may want to check out. I was so sick with my twins that I was in bed most of the time anyways even before I was put on bed rest. OUr thoughts and prayers are with you and your daughter.

Heather

4. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS!! and :sign0016: to TS!!! I am so glad you found us!!

I also had a subchorionic hemorage at about the same time in my pregnancy. It is supposed to be fairly common in a twin pregnancy - my dr told me that there was nothing I did to cause it and there was really nothing I could do to stop it. they did tell me not to stand on my feet for more than 2 hours at a time and not to lift anything. I put myself on bedrest at that time after several weeks of bleeding because I noticed that it would stop if I had been laying down and get worse if I had been up. (the blood was not as much or brown old blood if I had been laying down) I also drank a lot of Boosts ! finally it did stop! My girls are 16 months old now and just fine! I wish your daughter the very best and she is in my thoughts and prayers!

:hug99: ,
    Heather

5. PJ

PJ Well-Known Member

I had one in my first pregnancy. They are very common I think you will see here. I was not put on bedrest but was put on limited lifting restrictions and told not to do heavy housework. I was not allowed to work (I had a long commute) until I had stopped bleeding for more than 24 hours.
    I had no further issues and delivered my daughter 2 days before my due date.

I also had bleeding with the twins but I didn't even bother getting an ultrasound after the bleeds as I was not as worried because I had it happen before. I put myself on the same restrictions as when it happened with my daughter and I delivered my boys at 38 wks with no problems.

6. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

I had a nasty bleed at 6 weeks and rushed to the RE to find out we were having twins and I had a subchorionic hemmorage. I bled on and off through my first trimester and then one day it was gone.

7. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

No advise, but Congratulations on the Twins! Very exciting news.

8. monaraj

monaraj Well-Known Member

Congratulations to you and your daughter
    I had a really bad subchorionic bleed, when I was 15 weeks, it was so bad that I had to sit on the toilet seat for 5-10 minutes every hour or so. The dr. said I just had to wait and watch and rest as much as I can. A day later an even worse episode of bleeding followed. The ultrasound showed that the babies were doing fine. I am at 21 weeks now and the bleeding has gone fron bright red liquid to 1-2 dark brown spots. I was on bedrest most of this time, and that did help in bringing down the bleeding.
    So just hang in there, rest as much as she can and take lot of fluids.
    You guys are in my prayers

9. CUBSPANN

CUBSPANN Member

Thank you all for your prayers and concerns. She is still bleeding today monday and is sooo worried! We are going to follow up with her Dr. tommrow and see what she says. I feel better after knowing this has happened to others and they have had the babies be born fine. Again thank you all I will keep you all in my prayers also. God bless all those tiny little angels and the moms that care sooo much for them.
    love to you all Gramlin

10. heatherlfd

heatherlfd Member

QUOTE(GRAMLIN @ May 26 2008, 12:51 AM) [snapback]792992[/snapback]
    Hi I AM GRAMLIM,
    I am new here I am the mother of my daughter 31 who has been trying to have a child now for the last 5 years. She found out she is having TWINS... and we feel so blessed. She has done foster care for a year our more and it was really a rewarding experince for her but it was also heart breaking when they had to go. she has pulmanary stenoisos a heart valve that was fixed at 13 years old. She was told she could have children but a heat Dr. needed to be present for the delivery.
    Yesterday she started bleeding she 12 weeks due Dec 3rd. they did a sonagram and said babies were fine .PRAISE GOD. Put her on bed rest until she sees DR. on Tues. have any of you had this and how serious is it. I did read some on it and it sounds somewhat common. They did ask her if she and her husband had intercourse and she is worried about that causing that.

Hi. First congratulations to you and your daughter! I had very heavy bleeding for about 24 hours when I was 8 weeks pregnant. My OB did an ultrasound and found that I had a subchorionic hemorrhage. I was put on strict bedrest for 2 weeks. I went back every week for another ultrasound until I was 12 weeks. Then, most of my spotting (which was only scant and brown, not bright red) had stopped. My last ultrasound at 16 weeks couldn't even find the hemorrhage. My OB told me that usually it is common to have the hemorrhage repair itself by 20 weeks. O- I have been on modified bedrest since and pelvic rest (no sex). I was also told to drink a lot of water.

Good luck to your daughter. I did a lot of reading about hemorrhages while on strict bedrest and found that most have favorable outcomes.