Subchorionic hemorrhage/hematoma

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by takeluck, Jul 13, 2007.

1. takeluck

takeluck Well-Known Member

I just learned two weeks ago that my SIL is expecting twins!!!!! She has been having severe morning sickness and went to the ER 'cause she couldn't even keep water down. While there, they did an u/s which showed that she had a small subchorionic hemorrhage. She is not bleeding at all, or having any other symptoms. Her OB says that all will probably be fine and that it should heal itself.

Did anyone on this board have that same problem and go on to have healthy babies? My SIL is (understandably) scared and worried, and has been put on modified bedrest (she's about 9 weeks along). They have seen both babies' heartbeats and they are good and strong. She asked me last night if I knew anyone else who'd had this and I don't.

Thanks!

2. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Yes, I had one. I had a big bleed at 6 weeks and it was discovered then behind one of the placentas. It did eventually resolve and I went on to have a healthy pregnancy until 30 weeks when I got pre-eclampsia--not related to the hematoma at all. I have beautiful baby boys to show for it.

Rachel

3. Sara26

Sara26 Well-Known Member

I had a subchorionic hemmorhage. I had some very heavy bleeding at about 7 weeks, and continued to bleed off and on until I was into my second trimester. Eventually the bleeding stopped and the rest of my pregnancy was just fine!

4. melslp13

melslp13 Well-Known Member

Yup, me too. My bleeds were at 7 weeks and 14 weeks, and I'll never forget the fear and sadness I felt because of it. But my girls were never in danger, acc to doc., and they're great now. Beautiful and huge and crazy.

5. moparchick

moparchick Well-Known Member

Yup, me too. I had on and off bleeding spells from weeks 5-15. They are really scarey. Everytime I had one, I feared the worst. I did have PTL at 27 weeks, but it had nothing to due with the bleeds. Both boys are doing good.

6. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

me too!! I bled because of it - sometimes a good bit and sometimes older looking blood and lighter - from about 7 - 14 weeks.
    they told me that there is really nothing you can do about it just not to lift anything and to take it easy as much as possible - which I did notice that the more I was up and about the more I bled. it was very scary but my dr kept a close eye on it and finally it resolved and now my girls are happy, healthy 6 month olds!!
    apparently they are pretty common in twin pregnancies. I have 3 other children (all singleton pregnancies) and I had never even heard of subchorionic hemorrage until the twins but then again I learned a lot about being pregnant with my twin pregnancy!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! and I hope her morning sickness ends soon!!!!!!!!!

7. takeluck

takeluck Well-Known Member

Thanks for your responses, ladies. My SIL is going to be so encouraged!!! I'm definitely encouraged. You hear the word "hemorrhage" and it sounds so hopeless.

:)

8. CHJH

CHJH Well-Known Member

I had the same thing. It wasn't that small and I did have some scary bleeding. It happened from about 10 to 12 weeks. The babies were completely fine - I understand it's very, very common, especially with twins.