Strange Pressure

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by funkymom, Nov 27, 2006.

1. funkymom

funkymom Well-Known Member

I have this pressure on my .. I am going to say pelvic floor if that makes any sense.
    I don't know what it is?? I don't have any bleeding or cramps, just this pressure.

Anyone experienced something like this before??

2. funkymom

I have this pressure on my .. I am going to say pelvic floor if that makes any sense.
    I don't know what it is?? I don't have any bleeding or cramps, just this pressure.

Anyone experienced something like this before??

3. khendrix

khendrix Well-Known Member

YES! Mine probably started around 14 weeks. I am now 29 weeks, and I still have that pressure every day.

Hang in there.

4. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the club!! I'm going to say that mine started about where you are and guess what! yep! it's still here - somedays worse than others! sometimes I feel like I'm being stabbed in the vaginal area!!!
    sometimes I hope a little foot doesn't fall out and somedays
    it is just annoying!! Just make sure you drink a LOT of water and
    don't try to do too much!! GOOD LUCK!!!!

5. Raneysmama

Raneysmama Well-Known Member

I've had something similar to this sometimes. I'm wondering if it has to do more with bowels/gas issues than anything else. Or else the uterus pushing on intestines, etc.?? I don't know. My cervix measurement is fine, though. You may want to see if they can go ahead and get your cervix measurement (length) at your next appointment, just to know what is "normal" for you. I know a lot of doctors don't do this until later (18 to 20 wks?) but it doesn't hurt just to know. [​IMG] I think it helps to give peace of mind.

6. Mrs.B

Mrs.B Well-Known Member

I started having the same thing on Saturday and thought it would go away but it's still here... I'm hoping it will go away soon because it's pretty uncomfortable most especially when I'm standing so I'm trying to lay down/sit as much as I can. Good luck!!!!

7. happymel

happymel Well-Known Member

I definately had pelvic pressure around 14 weeks thru 16 weeks. I am 21 weeks and don't feel any now. My ob said it's round ligament pain and it subsided thank goodness. I hope yours does too but if you're in doubt call your ob.
    Melanie

8. funkymom

Thanks for all the replys - I think it's something I will just have to live with, but I made an appointment to get my cervical lenght checked just to be on the safe side.

Twin pregnancys are SO much different then singletons - I am only 14 weeks and I already notice the differences.