Step Stools - how many do you have?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by SweetpeaG, Nov 30, 2008.

1. SweetpeaG

SweetpeaG Well-Known Member

We have a few different step stools. Two are basic, single step stools, a third is a two-step stool. None of them make my 10th percentile boys tall enough to reach the sink for hand washing.

Do you have one that is tall enough to reach the sink? My boys keep climbing up on the counters to do it (and I"m sooooo tired of washing the mirrors since they seem to be physically incapable of doing it without splashing water all over the mirror for entertainment as part of the process).

2. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

How tall of a stool do you need for them to be able to reach the sink? I would stack a bunch of books on top of your current stool, and then measure and see what you have to search for...

We have these in every bathroom:

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.as...mp;SKU=14783423

They're taller than the average single-step stool at 12 inches. I love them because they fold flat, and I can lean them against the wall next to the toilet. Easy to take on vacation, too, which we've done often...

3. sottovoce

sottovoce Well-Known Member

Great post. I have the same problem. I'd like them to learn to wash their hands themselves, something I haven't tried because they can't reach the sink! Hoepfully there will be some suggestions

Sotto

4. sottovoce

sottovoce Well-Known Member

My two are in the low percentiles for height. So, I just had them step on a half ream of paper. It measures about 9.5" high. They can't quite reach the water flowing from the faucet and they definitely can't reach the controls to turn on the water, but the latter may be a good thing. I think the 12" high stool mentioned in a PP would work, if they can climb on to it.

They didn't want to stop washing their hands this morning, standing on the box. Think I will get the 12" step stool!

Just FYI.

Sotto

5. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

PM Trish in case she doesn't see this, but she has a REALLY tall one!

6. littletwinstars

littletwinstars Well-Known Member

Our DD and DS each have one so we put one stool in the two bathrooms that are used the most often. They are on the "tiny" side and have trouble reaching most sinks. We have the Pottery Barn Kids Personalized Step Stool. It's nice because it has 2 steps and is very sturdy. Plus you can personalize them!

7. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

8. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

My dad made us a double-wide stool for the bathroom sink. :)

9. ruthjulia

ruthjulia Well-Known Member

i LOVE the two step ones i have from Target - they are tall and sturdy and have a storage compartment under the top step.